Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Wrong With Eclipse?

[DE]Grzegorz

Question

For anyone who expected Eclipse alliance rant, sorry, I mean other Eclipse.

Supposedly, Eclipse gives damage reduction of 75% (maxed) when in darkness, 95% top with my build (+84% power str, too lazy to max out Blind Rage), am I doing something wrong or I never get these effective 20k HP?

Like, it doesn't matter if I'm shining bright white or being dusty distortion, I always receive same damage.

I don't really have any reliable way to check if it broken or applies only to specific part of "health' Warframe has or in very specific conditions (there are spots where visual effects changes to damage reduction while you gain damage buff and so on).

On the sidenote, since when lv10 Grineer Lancers receive ~80DMG from Null Star with same +84% powerstr, assuming my math isn't this bad, <100 armor and ~400DMG doesn't really compute to 80% damage resistance.

Technicians and Engineers, help the wannabe veteran!

Edited by Mofixil

9 answers to this question

On the sidenote, since when lv10 Grineer Lancers receive ~80DMG from Null Star with same +84% powerstr, assuming my math isn't this bad, <100 armor and ~400DMG doesn't really compute to 80% damage resistance.

Null Star deals 200 Slash damage, with +84% PS = 368 Slash. Level 10 Lancers take +10% damage from Slash; 404.8 Slash damage.

Level 10 Lancer has 124 armor, which is 32.1% damage resistance to slash, so they should be taking ~275 damage.

Hmm. Are you sure they're level 10 Lancers? A level 10 Bombard would take 73 damage from a maxxed Null Star with that setup.

So far I used very simple method.

Find a place where damage buff doesn't work (this assumes binary nature of lighting and Eclipse), wait for Eclipse to wear off, get damaged by enemy, launch Eclipse and see if damage is any different, it never is different.

Eclipse has all of a Damage Buff, Damage Resistance, and a Neutral State. Just because the damage buff is not active does not mean the damage reduction will be. You need to be in shadow, which is really subjective because only certain shadows work, or a darkened room not near a light source. Once you are (and Eclipse is active) you will see these wisps of shadow coming from Mirage, and then the DR will work.

Eclipse is REALLY hard to use with the graphics cranked down. You need to use the visual cues that are only present on higher graphics settings.

It be hard capped. 

It obviously is, that's why I mentioned that I have 95% reduction which doesn't seemingly apply.

Doesn't the dmg redcution only work in the dark though? Perhaps you aren't sticking to the shadows enough bruh?

A lot of brightly it places in the game, so your probly getting the + dmg instead...

I've probably visited every shaded tile in this game and never gained damage reduction with Eclipse. Seems like sitting in dark only removes damage buff for me.

I'm curious what you are using to measure or see your damage reduction at all, or if this remains a colloquial assessment.

So far I used very simple method.

Find a place where damage buff doesn't work (this assumes binary nature of lighting and Eclipse), wait for Eclipse to wear off, get damaged by enemy, launch Eclipse and see if damage is any different, it never is different.

Hmm. Are you sure they're level 10 Lancers? A level 10 Bombard would take 73 damage from a maxxed Null Star with that setup.

Yeah, assuming that game wasn't lying to me.

Eclipse has all of a Damage Buff, Damage Resistance, and a Neutral State.

This. Too bad neutral state doesn't have any distinctive effect.

Eclipse is REALLY hard to use with the graphics cranked down. You need to use the visual cues that are only present on higher graphics settings.

Maxing without blurriness(DoF, MB, AA) and CC.