Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Art Team: My .02 On A Volt Prime

(PSN)Folkeye

Okay, I know it’ll be a while if there’s ever a Volt Prime, but I’d like to offer my input on a simple design choice for his helmet. For instance Nyx prime's helmet looks like an alien grey, Volt, and Banshee had a love child/the alien from 'Alien'. Just looks uncomfortably funky, disproportionately large and heavy on her head. Why add the birdcage instead of something sleeker, lighter and more ‘stylish’ per say? Why add a wire box when one can wear a streamline winged look that goes with the flow? Frost Prime has this issue too. He’s got a decent looking base helmet...with handles….that aren’t all that pretty and make me think lunchbox head. Thankfully you can change their helmet back to vanilla, but having the gold accent would be preferred.

I know this was posted someplace in the art thread at one point (not my art but I really admire the design they came up with), and demonstrates the concept of what I'm talking about very well:

YVBBaZf.jpg?1

The gold design accents the frame, not make it look even more unnatural and out of place. No heavy bling needed to make them look super fancy. They’re sexy like a sports car, not a minivan on jacked up wheels with a chain for a steering wheel and brass balls hanging off the back. Keeps the body in check too. Things just fit right.

Opposed to:

135170691-woman-head-in-bird-cage-gettyi

Which is artsy, but doesn’t make much sense if you’re trying to fit in with the cool kids. This is seriously what some of the prime designs look like in terms of helmets/body pieces. The cage is just 'there' with no purpose outside of looking at it. It'd be nice to look AND like it.

I do bring this up since I’d like to see Volt (and future frames of course) get some nice treatment, he’s fast, he's electric he needs to be sleek…not just the bling add on to add on. He’s my favorite frame over all and I of course want him to look good. If he does, you can have my money. 

Your art team is still super awesome and I’ve fallen in love with the look of the game over all. Just want to see something a little different than wire-frame XL add on.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Volt Prime is the Prime I've wanted for a long time. He's a fun frame to play but he's &!$$ ugly and I don't like his ult (But he's the only frame I like his 1 ability).

I really like your version and I do hope they do a better job with the cloth and such in his prime. The only reason I'm glad to be waiting on VOlt prime is that they're clearly getting better at making primes as they go, and I'm hoping this'll be another interesting one.

I'll be really sad if they do something stupid with him like give him a bunch more of those side coils or leave him feeling like plastic because of his goofy back cloth that is literally just plastic.

Edited by WhiteCopain

Volt Prime is the Prime I've wanted for a long time. He's a fun frame to play but he's &!$$ ugly and I don't like his ult (But he's the only frame I like his 1 ability).

I really like your version and I do hope they do a better job with the cloth and such in his prime. The only reason I'm glad to be waiting on VOlt prime is that they're clearly getting better at making primes as they go, and I'm hoping this'll be another interesting one.

I'll be really sad if they do something stupid with him like give him a bunch more of those side coils or leave him feeling like plastic because of his goofy back cloth that is literally just plastic.

I personally find Volt to be one of the better looking frames overall, I guess due to the fact he isn't super busy. It's why I also like Frost. Clean and semi-elegant I guess (though that helmet on FP, uh...no).

I just couldn't see Volt having a huge helmet cage, it's destined to snag and break his neck.

I could probably draw out sketches of things that I think would look better, but it'd be my opinion :) if I do such thing, maybe I share.

If there are to be gold pieces on the helmet,  have them not be one large connected piece that gives the shape distortion. It'd be visually more appealing on any frame. Sleek horns, or 'wind' or something streamlined shape that didn't wrap around the head. Valkyrie wings perhaps?

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Honestly, they should just cut down the helmet, maybe just removing the cage?

http://i.imgur.com/X3sp1id.jpg

I do very much like the base of the helmet, but the huge cage is extremely offputting.

Yeah, that looks quite nice.

I absolutely agree. Those two designs look damn fine and I'd seriously consider paying for that Volt Prime instead of just grinding it out.

You and me both! If he's got a sleek, attractive re-design I'd buy him.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye