Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All These Weapons, Unused By The Enemy

SgtFlex

Its always bothered me in particular that the infested mutate all these weapons from different factions, but for what purpose?

The infested seem to e capable of understanding weapons due to the mutalist quanta's reload animation, and yet the weapon just gets mutated by the infested, and it lies there next to the corpse of a crewman as he bcomes mutated and runs into the tenno with hopes of clawing him to death, and then said infested weapons are recovered by the tenno.

Same goes for the Corpus and Grineer. They have all these coathangers that would be a great defense against the tenno, and the grineer have microwave guns along with badass whips, but they never use 'em.

I propose, in the future, that some enemies are randomly generated with a random faction-based weapon assigned to them, and it depends on their role as well (ex butchers will use mostly any grineer melee, with the exception of being able to use sidearms as well, Troopers may use any other grineer primary should it not be a heavy weapon, and heavy gunners would be able to use the buzlok as well.

I think this whole idea adds another level of unexpectedness, meaning we may have a harder time pushing past the corpus with quantas, or may be running for our lives as a heavy gunner plants a tracer on us, etc.

Edited by SgtFlex

Although I can't see the Infested physically holding weaponry, it would be nice to see some of the weapons/attacks incorporated into their biology, so far the only Infested that use their own "weapons" are electric and lobber crawlers, and they spawn way too infrequently to pose much of a threat.

As for the Corpus and Grineer, I definitely agree that they should spawn with different weapon types to add a bit more variety to gameplay (even if it is minor).

Although I can't see the Infested physically holding weaponry, it would be nice to see some of the weapons/attacks incorporated into their biology, so far the only Infested that use their own "weapons" are electric and lobber crawlers, and they spawn way too infrequently to pose much of a threat.

As for the Corpus and Grineer, I definitely agree that they should spawn with different weapon types to add a bit more variety to gameplay (even if it is minor).

Although I really hate to refer to the flood from halo, theyve always bwen a challenging, horrific, and lore-tastic faction(I do this in almost all of my infested related posts/threads).

Perhaps they could use them, but may be rather inaccurate with them, and if they wanted to they could just drop it and run after you.

Perhaps they could wield tem like the friendly fellow below

[image]http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/File:Human_Flood_Combat_Form_H3.png"]http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/File:Human_Flood_Combat_Form_H3.png[/image]

Edited by SgtFlex

Its always bothered me in particular that the infested mutate all these weapons from different factions, but for what purpose?

The infested seem to e capable of understanding weapons due to the mutalist quanta's reload animation, and yet the weapon just gets mutated by the infested, and it lies there next to the corpse of a crewman as he bcomes mutated and runs into the tenno with hopes of clawing him to death, and then said infested weapons are recovered by the tenno.

Actualy i'm pretty sure the implication is that the Tenno use the infested organism to create new weapons with it. Those aren't weapons made by the Infested they are weapons made WITH the Infested.

They are Tenno weapons of sort.

Except the Acrid. That seems to actualy be a Grineer prototype (you can see the stock without the barrel in the Grineer lab holograms) weapon employing Infested toxins.

Same goes for the Corpus and Grineer. They have all these coathangers that would be a great defense against the tenno, and the grineer have microwave guns along with badass whips, but they never use 'em.

This has actualy been answered by Scott in one of the past livestreams:

"CORPUS/GRINEER GUNS

Rebecca: Why are there suddenly so many weapons developed by Corpus and Grineer that aren't used by them? If you want to expand lore why do you break it so much with that?

Scott: Usually when a new AI type is created, we go through the vault of weapons that are available. I’m not saying we’re going to randomize it because it’d be unfair, with new AI coming into the game, we definitely have some more choices from our arsenal. When we started out, a lot of the weapons were given without reason, but now that we've got more themed weapons, we had to go back and tweak who uses what.

Geoff: We’ll have to give them new grip options, because right now they all use rifle grip.

Scott: I think the weapon changes are just a lack of time and focus on that part of the game."

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/257013-thank-you-for-watching-devstream-32/

Basicly they create a lot of weapons which they can then give to enemies they feel fit them.

The unused Grineer weapons might also be prototypes rejected by their military for being too difficult to mass produce or not good enough and stolen by the Tenno. Think of it as an irony that a weapon that people like Sargas Ruk or Vay Hek might have rejected are now used by the Tenno to beat their troops.

With the Corpus it could be the same with the added possebility of being export products. Which would fit the Braton.

Edited by Othergrunty