Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Color Blind Mode

shatteredwings

Do I really need to say more? Alright, here I go!

I'm color blind to the blue spectrum. It's honestly impossible for me to leave or fight in defence missions, because I can hardly see the blue little cursor you have. Not only that, but I can barely see the energy globes enemies drop, as well as 50% of the UI. This is a serious problem for people that are color blind, not only to blue but other spectrums as well. I think it's a shame that this isn't something that is standard in most games. You're just making it harder for me to play, to the point where I stop playing. 

It's become a problem so much that I use the 'vacuum' follower instead of my kubro because I can't see the energy lying on the field. I can't see my shields or my followers shields unless I place the UI in front of a background I can see.

So, yeah. It would be nice to have this option.. Also... Nice forum color choice by the way..

I get being colorblind and wanting to play the game, but your comment about the forums is just ridiculous. 

Should DE make it black and white for everyone just because a few people are colorblind? No. It would be terrible.

Sarcasm and passive-aggression isn't helping your point.

My brother is coloblind aswell and he stopped playing on the Xbone.

I've seen the feature on some games but most of them don't have the option at all. It'd be nice for people like you, my brother and so many other players to have the option to enjoy the games at full potential.

I get being colorblind and wanting to play the game, but your comment about the forums is just ridiculous. 

Should DE make it black and white for everyone just because a few people are colorblind? No. It would be terrible.

Sarcasm and passive-aggression isn't helping your point.

When it takes you 30 or more minutes to find the right forum to post in. You would be a little passive-aggressive as well. I'm not telling them to change their forums, seeing as I can do that myself with plugins from the internet. That however doesn't detract from my previous comments of them implementing a mode for people that are color blind.

[rant]

However, a lot of these problems and so much more could be avoided if they stop being stingy and let people freely mod their product. Is there a color blind mode in TF2? No, but I can easily find a mod someone made that fixes any color blind problems. They have a community, we can all see that. The fact they aren't letting the more talented people freely create is what's truly holding this game behind.

[/rant]

Edited by shatteredwings

Deuteranomal here, I have to say the color vision subject has been raised many times, and for now they only seem to be "aware" of it, aware as in "hey look, another of these post about that thing only 9% of our users are concerned with, althought it would require less than a workday of coding to satisfy everyone... let's forget about it and go back to adding shiny armors to wear over armors...".

*feel free to insert Xzibit meme*

Valve actually added colorblind mode to its games years ago, (L4D 1...), and for those that doesn't have a direct option to this, there are workshop mods that require 2 clicks to install, that can completely change the colorschemes for UI and more.

Concerning the forums, I may understand the passive-aggressiveness, Considering NONE of you would DARE to make the same type of remark to a wheelchair-bound person unable to access a building, while that person might be responsible for her own handicap, whereas we, colorblind people, are born colorblind. A theme selection like so many other forums do would be great for those who cannot bear the current one.