Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Ether Charged Or Normal?

Cuaroc

Question

10 answers to this question

At level 10, no potato, a charged swing still 1 shots infested, so I would definitely say charge it.

this is 'cause of x3 damage the slashing weapons have against infected (beside Ancients). It will not necessarily be the case for corpus, grimeer and high lvl infesteds.

Well, I use 'em against everything, they look badass, have really good charge damage and regular swing damage and their speed is in between dual heat swords and dual skana. The only thing I wanted to say was unless you put mods in them (and probably super charge it too), you won't be able to one-shot stuff beside infested. It is true that slashing weapons are ideal for infested though...

From what i gather, dual ethers are best for normal attacks and heat swords are best for charged attacks. Still for the ethers to become useful with normal attacks youre gonna have to lvl them up a bit and maybe supercharge them. The mods that i use are fury, ap, freeze, shock and crit chance and dmg and ofcourse pressure point.

Edited by overdosed

Dual Ether has the unique property of having ALL of the slashing bonus against Infested, innate armor ignore, and stagger ability on regular attacks.

Dual Ether has absolutely nothing about it which makes it superior while using charged attacks as opposed to just about any other melee weapon.

Frankly, if you're going to use a fairly unique weapon, I can't imagine why you would want to use it in a very generic way.

Spec for regular attacks and save charge-spam for something else. Otherwise, why bother using the Dual Ether?

Dual Ether has the unique property of having ALL of the slashing bonus against Infested, innate armor ignore, and stagger ability on regular attacks.

Dual Ether has absolutely nothing about it which makes it superior while using charged attacks as opposed to just about any other melee weapon.

Frankly, if you're going to use a fairly unique weapon, I can't imagine why you would want to use it in a very generic way.

Spec for regular attacks and save charge-spam for something else. Otherwise, why bother using the Dual Ether?

I agree, mines are supercharged at amx rank and my normal attacks does tons of dmg against all enemy types.