Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Nobody Use The Pyrana?

rotimix3

It's one of the best weapons in the game: http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Pyrana/t_30_22223300_193-0-5-195-5-5-196-6-5-202-7-5-204-3-10-206-1-5-207-2-10-209-4-5_193-6-206-6-207-7-204-7-209-6-195-6-196-9-202-11/en/3-0-46/27056/0

basically, its brakk's underratted little brother. I haven't seen anyone use it since it was realeased a few months ago. its a pretty good weapon, other than its mag size and that you have to forma it.

Because the brakk, detron, and akbolto exists.

I've never used the Pyrana, but those three weapons almost dominate every other sidearm IMO. I have been building sidearms constantly and leveling them, and the detron and akbolto still dominates. I'll have to build the pyrana and see how it is, same with Brakk, but I have heard the Brakk is ridiculously good.

Edited by SgtFlex

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of how it handled. The whole automatic shotgun idea never really did anything for me and on top of that, there's a fair chance that AkPyrana could become a thing at any time, so I'd imagine a lot of players would rather just wait for the dual version before investing heavily into it. I recall a huge uproar when the AkVasto came out because so many invested in the Vasto, so perhaps that has scared enough to avoid using it compared to other weapons.

Oh, Iunno...Puncture side arms are better, It has a garbage reload speed for it's magazine size, it falls off like a rock even with Status mod+multishot cocktail, Marelok exists, Lex prime exists and so forth.

I have a three forma Pyrana and let me just say. Dex Furis, Marelok, Kunai and Lex Prime do it's job so much better and with better accuracy. 

Sure, Brakk's prime little brother but much like the Grakata, It will always be over shadowed by it's Big brother (Soma in this case.) 

I've never used the Pyrana, but those three weapons almost dominate every other sidearm IMO. I have been building sidearms constantly and leveling them, and the detron and akbolto still dominates. I'll have to build the pyrana and see how it is, same with Brakk, but I have heard the Brakk is ridiculously good.

not really akbolto and detron the marelok is better than both of those and so is the lex prime. Plus the pyrana is better than the detron and the akbolto prime is the lex prime

I have heard the Brakk is ridiculously good.

You heard correctly.

In terms of numbers, it has the biggest one. In the whole game. Period.

Since it's a shotgun it does fall off at range, but it's trivially easy to get up in someone's face and then wreck them. It's a better primary shotgun than all the actual primary shotguns. 

Edited by vaugahn

You heard correctly.

In terms of numbers, it has the biggest one. In the whole game. Period.

Since it's a shotgun, it does fall off at range, but it's trivially easy to get up in someone's face and then wreck them. It's a better primary shotgun than all the actual primary shotguns. 

Litterally took me 4 months or so to farm this and get it. Totally worth it. Glad its hard to get too. It  would be annoying it this was more common like the boltor prime. Whenever anyone asks me if they should farm it I always say yes.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of how it handled. The whole automatic shotgun idea never really did anything for me and on top of that, there's a fair chance that AkPyrana could become a thing at any time, so I'd imagine a lot of players would rather just wait for the dual version before investing heavily into it. I recall a huge uproar when the AkVasto came out because so many invested in the Vasto, so perhaps that has scared enough to avoid using it compared to other weapons.

Same reason why I did nothing to my lex prime and why i have 2 sitting in my inventory

Because they are afraid of AkPyrana Prime.

This.

Single pistols are pretty much off the table for forma, which takes them off the table for serious use. I'll take the risk of primifaction or wraithinization but not dualplication. Anything that looks like it might go dual I'm not investing in. Even if the devs give the dual version some kind of ham-fisted drawback, as we have seen, it's still way cooler to hold two of 'em.

Edited by VKhaun

So introducing an AkBrakk would lead to quite some forum rage fun ?

^^ Just kidding. Cant imagine an AkBrakk ( Prime ) coming anytime soon :)

Not coming out. Don't even need to confirm. Prime no Akbrakk

Edited by rotimix3

I never really felt any love for the AkBolto, but I recognize that it was good. As for the Brakk, it was one of my favorite sidearms, but the Pyrana is a different monster alltogether. It's speed, and power, make for an amazing combo. I'd say the DPS is about the same.

Because they are afraid of AkPyrana Prime.

Gawd...my Hydroid just melted.

It's one of the best weapons in the game: http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Pyrana/t_30_22223300_193-0-5-195-5-5-196-6-5-202-7-5-204-3-10-206-1-5-207-2-10-209-4-5_193-6-206-6-207-7-204-7-209-6-195-6-196-9-202-11/en/3-0-46/27056/0

basically, its brakk's underratted little brother. I haven't seen anyone use it since it was realeased a few months ago. its a pretty good weapon, other than its mag size and that you have to forma it.

I feel it's one of the best as well, but I feel it's one of those that are so good that I feel like I need to leave it on the shelf. Honestly, missions seem easy when I run with the Pyrana.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Dual Angstrum. You know you want it.

Actually I use the Angstrum as a sniper (since the Seer still doesn't have AoE), so I would probably never touch the Dual Angstrum.

I just finished using the Pyrana, although i didnt potato or forma it as i feel it was not worthy i have used about 10 secondarie give or take and i think the pyrana is one of the worse (although there are way worse imo)

this is why.

1 clip is just too small.

2 recoils too much and i don't like spending a slot and points to deal with it

3 Fire rate is too high, far to many times i try to fire one shot to offload 2 and because of reason 1 it spends too much time reloading

4 runs out of ammo too quickly

it does have its good points tho,

1 good damage for a secondary

2 its got surprisingly good range for a shotgun secondary

3 compliments range weapons quite well for close range but ammo is a factor

all in all tho id prefer to use something else,

p.s dual angstrum sounds wicked although silly at the same time

Edited by cannonfodder1982

I recently picked up the Pyrana and it does have it's weak points but it's grown on me. It's a bit like the Sybaris in that the magazine size is so low you just have to mod for fast reloads instead. Other than that however it's been rather nice so far, not sure if it's underrated or anything but it's a very solid weapon when you get used to its quirks.