Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Should Not Categorize The Factions As "good" Or "evil"

Draconzis

To look at the motives behind the Grineer in another light: The Grineer are keepers of the peace, not tyrants.  They have very strict security protocols to keep people safe and the bad guys in check.  They see the Tenno as mass murdering killing machines (really, everyone does.)  Basically, terrorists of the worst degree.  The Red Veil aren't very cooperative either.

The punishments for breaking these security protocols are generally extremely severe however.

I think the Corpus in contrast represent freedom - in the capitalist way.

The Tenno attempt to keep the balance between capitalist freedom, and tyrannical security.  

The infestation is just corruption and chaos.

Tyrannical security, forgeting to bring visa when going through border, equals at least prison instead of being turned back like in real world.

It actually reminds me of something, communist russia, guy without a visa must be a spy, arrest him.

Freedom in capitalist way?? you know whats biggest problem for capitalism?? monopoly, whoever controls market can enslave everyone else in there.

Its not freedom, its supremacy.

We offer balance at pretty simple way.

Everyone who wants to rule above all dies.

Edited by Davoodoo

Honestly, I'm happy that, at least currently, Warframe is relatively black and white. Not every story needs to be gritty, pessimistic, emotional torture. That's no more realistic than everything being sunshine and rainbows one hundred percent of the time.

In most places of the world, the average day really isn't that bad. In real life, there are people who hurt people and are proud of it, and people who legitimately just want to help.

There's nothing unrealistic about having the Grineer being tyrannical and violent, the Corpus being greedy beyond what most people would consider ethical, and the Tenno being seen as good guys for stopping the groups that hurt innocents.

One of the things I really like about the story is that, we really don't know anything about Lotus, but she has remained trustworthy for awhile. The biggest cliché in the book is having the mysterious guide that keeps their origin secret eventually turn out to be a bad guy. It's refreshing to see them legitimately helpful for once.

Poor infested, they simply want everyone to join them and become friends so universal peace can be achieved.

This.

Even if facetious, the Infested are generally the most "innocent" faction of the bunch, simply because there's no apparent malice in what they do. Hell, the old faction codex entries referred to the Infested as being victims of their disease.

Incidentally, I've never been able to take the claim that Lotus/Tenno are the "good guys" seriously. Right from the get-go Lotus basically tries to talk the player out of risking themselves to save civilians. It doesn't help that the Tenno are generally crap at governing anything, considering that the scant places they do own (e.g. the solar rails) are typically used to exploit their brethren and break out into civil war on an almost daily basis. :-P

Am I the only one that finds Corpus more evil than Grineer?

At least Grineer have some kind of ideology to them, some kind of social structure. Corpus do bad things out of pure simple greed. I find that more despicable.

Corpus will throw at you hordes of brainwashed crewmen when you're trying to stop (the greedy) thing they're doing. While Grineer go against you out of their own volition, they believe in what they fight for.. it might be wrong, but I can at least respect that.

Also.. black and white is boring. Also, lore thread! Bumping.

This.

Even if facetious, the Infested are generally the most "innocent" faction of the bunch, simply because there's no apparent malice in what they do. Hell, the old faction codex entries referred to the Infested as being victims of their disease.

Well, Infested are essentially a virus.. a biological weapon.

That's like trying to say whether HIV is good or evil. It's neither.. it just does what it does. 

Edited by LocoWithGun

Infested:

Chaotic Evil - "They wanna devour everything, stop thinking and start shooting!"

True Neutral - we cannot understand Hivemind.

Corpus:

Lawful Evil - Board, rules, etc

Neutral Evil - "Profit mean everything, spice credits must flow!"

Grineer:

Lawful Evil - "For the Queens!"

Tenno:

Lawful Good - "We will protect innocents..."

True Neutral - "...for the sake of the balance..."

Neutral Good - "... if they pay for that..."

Chaotic Good - "...bcs it's fun!"

P.S.

Tenno - Chaotic Evil: "Where is my loot, su****s!!!!???" 

Except the Grinner are undeniably bad.  The tutorial has them wiping out an entire colony either for kicks, or because they resisted tyrannical occupation.  There's the Red Veil Resistance as well.  Simply put, the Grineer want to put everyone under their thumb and rule them with an iron fist.  Typical evil empire.

The Corpus are at the very least Dangerous Genre Savvy, but Frohd Behk sics the Stalker on his own son because Darvo doesn't want to play along anymore.  And the only reason the Board dumped Alad V was because his "venture" with Zanuka cost them too much money, ignoring the massive body count he racked up altogether.  Not to mention they clearly sell to whoever will offer them the most profit on either side.