Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Rule Supreme: ,,grineer Protect All...''

MihawkDulacr1

Hello fellow tenno,

I wasnt quite sure where I would put this question, as it wasnt a direct help, and neither a feedback. I didnt found a section for lore question either so I decided to go here. If it was a wrong decision, then im sorry ._.

All of you know, when you fight the old General Sargas, after a while he will pop the sentence:

,,Grineer Rule Supreme: Grineer , Protect all..''

So I got a little in confusion. And correct me, if i maybe mixed something up. But despite the long time i played, i couldnt quite comprehend it. The Grineer are in my opinion the menacing empire. Mercyless, and ready to kill or enslave evrything in their path that is not grineer. And after the reveal of their underwaser laboratory tileset in the devstream, they even sacrifice their own to create 6 of them. Vay hek is a prime example in that , as he always tells about destruction and trying to make their victory greater.

SO are there maybe 2 different kind of grineer in the faction? Those that are ruthless and enslave and those that just want to serve and protect.

I kinda made up a theory that it might be going back to the queens, that one is maybe kinder but the other mercyless, thus they create a kind of split up hivemind.

What do you guys think? (sry, if someone didnt understand it, i suck in explaining)

Observing the Grineer, I disagree.

I feel they're exactly what they seem- ruthless.

They don't believe they're righteous. Thy don't believe they're helping. 

They believe life is only rewarding if you shove your way to the front and claim the reward. 

Also, if you notice, their military system seems somewhat rudimentary. They want soldiers to work for them, but they're not the kind to waste words and ideologies on them.

I think they're all juiced. The drugs depend on your rank, holding less control over you, but still retaining certain neural pathways that can be triggered by an external stimulus. Which is how such a huge empire, is so well controlled, and even though some of the high-ranking officials quarrel, they remain on the same side. Because they have to.

Edited by (PS4)Strifedecer

It's all just propaganda. From birth Grineer are taught nothing but the fact that Grineer are supreme and that everything else is a lesser being that wants them dead. That, and the threat of inevitable degeneration demise, if what drives them.

I quite like Sargas. Out of all the Grineer he seems more honourable and, well, nicer. He may as well know he's wrong in what he's doing, but still does it to protect his Grineer kin from inevitable demise.

We know that all other Grineer are jackasses.

Vor killed another Grineer general to simply climb up the ladder.

Kela De Thaym keeps lancers for "entertainment"

Tyl Regor, from the new concept art, is a self righteous arrogant prick.

And Vey Hek is... well Vey Hek.

To Grineer, being ruthless and enslaving others and just being a bunch of d*cks in general is protecting and serving.

That might be true :/ yeah...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sargas dislike the idea of the Vay Hek created the G3, because the G3 kill an entire group of Grineer, and Sargas judge it like a act of betrayed of the Three. Since then, Sargas and Hek hate each other, as Sargas think about the murdered Grineer as precious subordinates, right?

Yeah that is right, so it might seem like there is already a quarrel between two leading generals. I kinda hope that Sargas might break out of the Grineer Empire and kinda destroyes the councilor.

Observing the Grineer, I disagree.

I feel they're exactly what they seem- ruthless.

They don't believe they're righteous. Thy don't believe they're helping. 

They believe life is only rewarding if you shove your way to the front and claim the reward. 

Also, if you notice, their military system seems somewhat rudimentary. They want soldiers to work for them, but they're not the kind to waste words and ideologies on them.

I think they're all juiced. The drugs depend on your rank, holding less control over you, but still retaining certain neural pathways that can be triggered by an external stimulus. Which is how such a huge empire, is so well controlled, and even though some of the high-ranking officials quarrel, they remain on the same side. Because they have to.

Yeah I think you are probably right, even when they move a bit in the wrong way, the queens are sure to hold their guinea pigs in the cage :/ Maybe there is some kind of ,,hive'' mind in the game, similar to an infested cluster due to the huge amount of cloning.

Well it is simple, form the Grineers point of view they are protecting. 

Generally the antagonist faction does not advertise itself as the bad guys because they don't see themselves as the bad guys. 

Thats true, but not what I meant entirely. I do understand that Grineer promote themselves to be the good guys, but since they try different tactics in their own empire, Sargas being the honourable man that wouldnt throw his soldiers away and Vay Hek simply being a sadist who would do anything. It seems they are less an empire to me, but more like joint colonies or faction under the rule of the queens.

It's all just propaganda. From birth Grineer are taught nothing but the fact that Grineer are supreme and that everything else is a lesser being that wants them dead. That, and the threat of inevitable degeneration demise, if what drives them.

I quite like Sargas. Out of all the Grineer he seems more honourable and, well, nicer. He may as well know he's wrong in what he's doing, but still does it to protect his Grineer kin from inevitable demise.

We know that all other Grineer are jackasses.

Vor killed another Grineer general to simply climb up the ladder.

Kela De Thaym keeps lancers for "entertainment"

Tyl Regor, from the new concept art, is a self righteous arrogant prick.

And Vey Hek is... well Vey Hek.

Sargas seems to be the only one that aknowledges honorable behavior. And from Operation Gate Crash, we see that they seem to have feelz too. I kind of hope to see that we might get a view from his site , fighting against the mass slaughter in their empire.

And what I wonder the most. Sargas Ruk sees Flesh as a Problem, thus has augmented himself with the augmentation machines to be one of the most feared Grineer.

I wonder why he didnt personally end the rage of the G3 or the attack of Vay Hek, if he was against their release.

I would rather have Vay Hek as my accountant.

"Hey, Uncle Hek, do you have that quota yet?"

"I WILL THROW YOUR PRECIOUS PAPERWORK....INTO THE SUN!"

I'd love to see a meme of that XD...

Thats true, but not what I meant entirely. I do understand that Grineer promote themselves to be the good guys, but since they try different tactics in their own empire, Sargas being the honourable man that wouldnt throw his soldiers away and Vay Hek simply being a sadist who would do anything. It seems they are less an empire to me, but more like joint colonies or faction under the rule of the queens.

That's pretty much what an empire is though, there is almost never a universal rule that everything is exactly the same, of course different generals and leaders will employ different tactics and have altered believes but the fact that they are all united in following the twin queens.