The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Still In Beta?

Anrothan

Question

Yes, for all those who remember, I am back :)

I have been asking myself a question now that has been bugging me for almost 4 hours... and if any of you Tennos' have any insight, i would love to get some feedback.

1: Why is this game still in Beta? Seriously, Its good, not great, but better than most games are at launch. I understand the PS4 and XBAX Juan, but for PC? I hate this game so much, but ironic how I have played this for almost 1k+ hours (1035 to be exact.) Needless to say, this game has a tendency to make everyone come back to play this gem because.. Ninjas in space duh! 

2: If this game does go live soon, how will they handle everyone's game? I mean, I don't mind redoing all the missions (since most game's beta progess gets erased) and having to rebuild the Clan tech stuff, but what do about the frames, the plat bought, or if you have any plat that you got for free?

What I am expecting is this: Everything gets wiped. If you bought plat/Prime Acess, you get to keep them and the icons. If you acquired it all from mass trading you lose it all. Any extra stuff you bough in the store gets refunded (i.e. spent x-plat for color palettes or bundles, ect..) naturally, any in game stuff (Halloween colors, easter colors, exclusive skins/weapons) you get to keep including the mod sets.

So.. anyone know when, how, or what will happen for launch? Anyone have any ideas if it will stay in beta for all eternity? 

18 answers to this question

What I am expecting is this: Everything gets wiped. 

I'm not sure that will ever happen.

The last time a wipe occurred it was optional. If they wiped everyones progress now I can see a lot of people just walking away.

It's been going like this for far too long and people have put far too much in for them to wipe it.

Does anyone have an idea of what will change in the game when it stops being in beta and "goes live"? 

I get that account resets and stuff won't be enacted and that the devs feel the core development isn't up to par yet, but I'm just generally confused about the possible difference between Warframe now and what it could be when it's no longer beta. 

Does anyone have an idea of what will change in the game when it stops being in beta and "goes live"? 

I get that account resets and stuff won't be enacted and that the devs feel the core development isn't up to par yet, but I'm just generally confused about the possible difference between Warframe now and what it could be when it's no longer beta. 

That's the beauty of it. We don't know yet.

We are currently looking at Archwing, Player HUBs, Proxy Wars.

Yeah, dunno either xD... maybe we get *gasp* a plot?

What I am expecting is this: Everything gets wiped. 

Nothing is getting wiped, there was a voluntary reset available quite a while ago and it was stated at the time that it would be the only reset.

Here is is 10th May 2013:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/42837-progress-update-one-time-optional-account-reset/

Edited by SilentMobius

It becomes a finished game? No placeholders, no weird loose ends, no massive jumps required to puzzle out game flow? Lore?

You know, all that stuff finished games generally have that we don't. 

From a creative standpoint, the game is called beta because its not quite completed in the vision that the creators have for it. As an example. Each planet and its boss has slowly been getting a rework. so first was earth, then Jupiter, Sedna i think, and now recently the ice planet tile set which looks like Europa. I think we're gettign space missions and underwater worlds soon too. Vor and Hek got new looks, as well introducing Lephantis. we know that Tyl Regor is getting a make over soon. so i would imagine the game would be nearing its completion when every planet has its own individual look and quest.

From a Player stand point...yeah i feel like the game is out of beta. there are just so many people on this game. Its been running for almost 2 years now. basically who cares if its in beta. we're all here, we're all waiting for the next update...you're on the boat, so there's really no point in asking. I know its frustrating and wrong to some players when we're given new updates that have bugs, like WE are the game testers. but to me, such is the reality of war frame.

From a business stand point, i think its out of beta. from what i can see this game is about a slow and steady flow of income for the company. rather than something that just makes money on opening day.  some players don't like to hear this but i think its reality. this is why they structure the updates the way they do, this is why they charge what they do. but is it really so bad. were given a FREE game with that's constantly evolving. id rather pay for that than a game i pay $60 once and beat in two days, feeling like i wasted my money. These guys gotta make a living some how. and i think they've come up with a good idea.

but i will say. i fear that at their current pace people may lose interest in the game by the time they reach a full release.

as for account wipe...i highly doubt it. especially for the many vetran players who have bought founders packages, and prime access bundles, Mastered and forma'd every frame, amassed a HUGE arsenal of exclusive weapons and badges from the events, invested time, money and feedback into the game, their clans, and clan mates. An account reset would ...i cant even describe the fallout from that. it would be a huge mess. DE has done some silly things with this game but i don't think they'd do that. they didn't do it when they introduced the quest system, and that probably never will.

From a business stand point, i think its out of beta. from what i can see this game is about a slow and steady flow of income for the company. rather than something that just makes money on opening day.  some players don't like to hear this but i think its reality. 

Beta status has absolute nothing to do with monetization. People need to stop repeating that. 

Thank you all for the great feedback. 

As far as the optional Option to opt for a reset.. I think i would do it. The last one stated that all the plat you have paid for, ect, prime packages, and exclusives (I.E. Machete, Wraith, event items) will be given back so this doesnt sound as bad. Would be fun starting from scratch and lvling everything up again. 

With that said, i appreciate the great info and yea, see you all again :)

you only have 74 posts so no one remembers u

and im pretty sure we get to keep all our stuff and what not

And yea... you may not remember me, but I quit a while back. i used to give away free prime sets and parts to random people on the weekends because.. why not. So Opinion acknowledged and carry on :)