The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Void Mission -Rescue-

Bizzaro21

I really think the void drop tables are getting way too full.. so why not make some new mission type to reduce the pressure on the drop tables?

I thought of rescue 3.0 void edition

Key drop location: same as non-endless missions

Intro: The squad enters the mission, Lotus says that she`s detecting some Grineer forces trying to capture another Tenno and we must move quickly. (like in the trialer, where the frost, nyx and ash go to save the excalibur, trailers should be inspired by ingame things, right? ;0)

Objective: Go to the cryopod location, defend it while the Tenno awakes and bring him to the exits.

Gameplay: The team gets to fight grineer forces AND corrupted units that may conflict with the Grineer. Also, t make this look real, add a chance that Captain Vor (not corrupted) will spawn to fight us and try to regain the cryopod. That would make a lore issue as vor is corrupted, scroll on.

When it`s done, the Tenno inside the cryopod comes out of it.. and he can speak to us through the communicator (like a normal rescue target) with some confused phrases...
-Where... am I?
-What is going on?
-Who are you?

Then, The lotus will contact the team telling that the Tenno has made it out safely from the cryopod and we must get him safely to extraction...

The Tenno will ask to be armed:

-Got a weapon? i still remember how to fight
-I can protect myself just give me a weapon
-Maybe i can help, got an extra gun?

when the team nears extraction point the Lotus will say that the tenno`s liset is waiting for him at the extraction point.. (that should fit in as Ordis remembers the operator in vor`s prize quest) er, lore conflict, he`ll supposedly steal the ship later at vor`s prize, who is corrupted, meh, major lore issue...

Lotus will tell us that one of the squad has to host the Tenno in his ship (no effect on anyone when mission done)

Finally, when the mission is done.. perhaps a Unique outro animation could be added, like the tenno entering his the host`s ship with him.

This idea isn`t really perfect, but it should be given a shot...
What do you guys think?

Edited by Bizzaro21

The Devs have expressed interest in and have had internal discussions about adding new Void missions. I figure the main reason we don't see it right now is because of how much is going on at the moment.

EDIT: That being said, adding new missions is only a temporary solution to Void Dilution. If the recent polls and trends are any indication, there may be some internal discussion and concepts going around about how to more effectively mitigate or eliminate Dilution in the Void altogether.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Only thing is. More...... farming........... for the key itself..........

From the wiki: Tower IV Exterminate, Capture, and Mobile Defense keys can appear Round 3 or later on ‘Medium’ Interception missions (starting enemy level 10-20).

Tower IV Survival, Defense, and Interception keys can appear Round 3 or later on ‘Hard’ Interception missions (starting enemy level 20+).

So one of these tiers will get another key which will making it even harder to farm. But i'm not saying your idea is bad I like it but the RNG system and people may get frustrated to get a single key. 
Edited by Monsterwithin

Only thing is. More...... farming........... for the key itself..........

From the wiki: Tower IV Exterminate, Capture, and Mobile Defense keys can appear Round 3 or later on ‘Medium’ Interception missions (starting enemy level 10-20).

Tower IV Survival, Defense, and Interception keys can appear Round 3 or later on ‘Hard’ Interception missions (starting enemy level 20+).

So one of these tiers will get another key which will making it even harder to farm. But i'm not saying your idea is bad I like it but the RNG system and people may get frustrated to get a single key. 

good point... don`t how i missed to say that xD and thanks.

EDIT: but don`t forget that this mission is to be applied on all towers... so i think it`d be good if it takes the same drop location with the capture key since it`s not a round based mission like int. survival or defense

Edited by Bizzaro21

They added T4's and put the same rewards in them.

I think we can make use of the orokin lab by allowing us to research the old prime weapons in there.

perhaps that too, don`t forget that prime weapons don`t seem to stop anytime soon so drop table`d still be pressured...

I dunno but if not a fresh newb then how about a player who ran out of revives in the towers?

Game sessions can't cross like that, plus what are the odds of someone meeting those criteria in time for a cell playing a Void Rescue mission to catch them?

Idea to add on to your idea

how about a random chance that when the tenno is freed that it's a new player(you know to mix it up a bit)

bugs, my friend....... and also if i was a new player i`d not like to be in there in t4 with Mk-1 weapons....

• 4 months later...

wow, someone finally replied to this.... It should be more doable now with the sabotage missions in void (the grineer fighting Orokins part) eh? also like corssfire missions...

EDIT: nvm vor, he is supposed to be corrupted.....

Edited by Bizzaro21

Would it make sense that a Tenno would awaken in the Orokin Tower?

A few issues I have with that is: would Tenno go into cryo sleep in the middle of the civilization they destroyed. Would they be immune to Neural Sentry's control for that long?

Has there been any mention of a Tenno awakening from at the void towers?

Would it make sense that a Tenno would awaken in the Orokin Tower?

A few issues I have with that is: would Tenno go into cryo sleep in the middle of the civilization they destroyed. Would they be immune to Neural Sentry's control for that long?

Has there been any mention of a Tenno awakening from at the void towers?

at the trailer, where the frost, nyx and ash rescued the excalibur... And the pre u14 tuorial aswell..

Also, there is a lore gap there, we don't even know why and possibly who put tenno to cryo sleep, and definitely we have no clue where they were preserved, it could've gone like this:

the tenno double-crossed the orokins and felt guilty so they decided to freeze themselves over, and as the orokins perished, their towers is a great place, no one knows about it, and no one would explore it..until the grineer came...

I think this would be a great idea, and besides we already have the Tenno specters to re-purpose. As a thought does anyone here think that the tutorial first mission should have specters to help us?

not really,it is easy and figurable, also the enemies there are a bit too noob, the specters would carry the player through, ruining the sole purpose of it, teaching the basics in a not-so-lethal place.. Edited by Bizzaro21