Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Critical Chance After Multishot

Ethice

Question

I've been trying to figure out what my real critical chance is on some of primaries is, but multishot isn't automantically taken into account in the UI. Can someone post an equation here so I can calculate the real critical chance of my weapons with multishot?

6 answers to this question

I've been trying to figure out what my real critical chance is on some of primaries is, but multishot isn't automantically taken into account in the UI. Can someone post an equation here so I can calculate the real critical chance of my weapons with multishot?

Final chance that at least one of your projectiles will crit =

1 - (1 - x) ^ y

Where x is your crit chance and y is the number of projectiles you're firing.

Edited by Momaw

Multishot (and shotgun style weapons) used to show the chance to get at least one critical strike.

So, when you fire two bullets, you have a critical chance of (1-(1-crit)*(1-crit)) [simplifies to (1-((1-crit)^2))]. So with Split Chamber, for example, you have that formula times 90%, plus the crit chance times 10% (for firing a single bullet).

In order to back calculate for more than 1-2 bullets (etc sidearms, or shotgun type weapons), you can use powers/yroots for a rough approximation.

DisplayedCrit = (1-(1-CritChancePerBullet)^#ofbulletsaftermultishot)

So:

CritChanceperBullet = (1-(1-DisplayedCrit)yroot[#ofbulletsaftermultishot]))

So for 120% Multishot, for example, you'd use 2.2 for #ofbullets.

The full formula would be that formula for each integer value for projectiles, times the chance of that amount of projectiles.

So for 120% Multishot, you'd use 2 and 3, and multiply the value for 2 by 80% and the value for 3 by 20%.

Edited by Darzk

Final chance that at least one of your projectiles will crit =

1 - (1 - x) ^ y

Where x is your crit chance and y is the number of projectiles you're firing.

Thanks, Momaw

I think I did the math correctly and with this equation my critical chance after multishot is 86% with a critical chance of 62.5% before multishot.

Edited by Ethice

Hmm. I see a 84.48% chance with the 'rough' formula, and 83.59% chance with the specific formula.

Edit: If you're looking for the number of crits/trigger pull average, that's just chance*#ofbullets. Above formulae is for chance for at least 1 crit.

Edited by Darzk

Hmm. I see a 84.48% chance with the 'rough' formula, and 83.59% chance with the specific formula.

Edit: If you're looking for the number of crits/trigger pull average, that's just chance*#ofbullets. Above formulae is for chance for at least 1 crit.

Thanks, Darzk

After applying the additional math from the other forumla the critical chance came out to 84% after multishot.