Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dont Reset The Accounts When The Beta Ends Please

lSilkadom

im latin, and i dont speak inglish perfectly but pls dont reset the game D= , it takes a lot of time to find the items, building etc. and if u do that a lot of people will stop playing and the game is amazing x.x, Administrator reed this D:

I'm surprised people would even spend money in beta.  Seems kinda pointless when there's a chance for reset and chance game fails.  I've seen plenty of game fail due to lawsuits, money, firing, and etc.  It's just not worth the risk.

For example i spent money on City of Heroes and then the game died after many years.  You literally bought virtual items that don't exist anymore.

Being a beta tester you know the risk of resets.

I'm surprised people would even spend money in beta.  Seems kinda pointless when there's a chance for reset and chance game fails.  I've seen plenty of game fail due to lawsuits, money, firing, and etc.  It's just not worth the risk.

For example i spent money on City of Heroes and then the game died after many years.  You literally bought virtual items that don't exist anymore.

You don't spend money in games to keep the items forever. Just as with CoH, every game eventually ends. You pay money for the enjoyment of the moment, to support developers whom are making a game that you enjoy playing and in the case of betas many people spend money to help test features like in-game market places and cash shops knowing that come launch, when the game resets (or in Warframe's case, when the optional reset is implemented) they will get their in-game currency back to begin playing seriously.

im latin, and i dont speak inglish perfectly but pls dont reset the game D= , it takes a lot of time to find the items, building etc. and if u do that a lot of people will stop playing and the game is amazing x.x, Administrator reed this D:

There is no mandatory reset.

You know, opposed to Command & Conquer:The Complete Pack, for US$100, which you are still playing today. That is not money invested into something that may go away. You are still playing those games, and the investment is safe and sound.

Reset will only be done if necessary. The game has changed so much and if it changes too much they may deem it necessary. Like if they remove Warframes or change the way all of the Warframes work or completely change mission progression stuff like that that's seriously game changing is when they'll reset. You'll pretty much be playing a whole new game.

Edited by BakaGamer

They will NEVER do a FORCED reset, once they decide that a reset is possible it WILL be OPTIONAL. 

Pardon my caps on those keywords but alot of people have probably not watch the livestream and they clearly said that they won't do a forced reset.

Your analogy is ridiculous. City of Heroes lasted 8 years. Using your logic, I shouldn't invest money into anything that lasts less than that, so I suppose I should stop buying shoes, or clothes, or food for that matter. I mean why bother? Eventually they won't exist anymore, so they're clearly poor investments.

Investing in games pre-release helps protect them against early failures. There's a reason the business model is so popular these days. Regardless, if I can get a few months of enjoyment and entertainment out of a $50 investment, then I'd say it was money well spent.

Edited by Azrus

You don't spend money in games to keep the items forever. Just as with CoH, every game eventually ends. You pay money for the enjoyment of the moment, to support developers whom are making a game that you enjoy playing and in the case of betas many people spend money to help test features like in-game market places and cash shops knowing that come launch, when the game resets (or in Warframe's case, when the optional reset is implemented) they will get their in-game currency back to begin playing seriously.

I completely agree with Kasern. +1. Even if they had to do a forced reset, they've already said in multiple places that all previously bought Platinum will be restored. I like this game so I'll pay to do what I can to keep it going as long as it can. I plan to use the optional reset and I'm glad its there. The Platinum from paying plus the reset allows me to test a lot of weapons and frames so I can figure out what I like and don't like so I don't waste Platinum  and Credits on things I wont use post reset. After the optional reset I plan to play without using my Platinum as much as possible to prevent burning out the game interest-wise and so I have the option to get future Platinum only items.
Edited by 7.T.