Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashing After Hotfix 14.9.1

Thural

As with all major updates to wf (since about u13) my launcher gets stuck at checking for updates, for literally hours, only finishing when the game is fixed or my computer decides to play nice.  This is not an issue with my internet connection, so don't even try to shove that bovine fecal matter down my throat.  I've reinstalled warframe twice, shut down my computer ten times and (using steam since doing it in the launcher crashes it) verified my game cache 5 times.  Which requires me to shut down my computer since the low intelligence evolution engine doesn't stop when I close the launcher.

Sorry about the rant, I just want to get back to playing an awesome game, and whenever DE updates, I have to wait up to a week before I can check out the new content.  This last update comes right when I put my boltor prime in the oven, and I want to get back to pinning Grineer to the walls as soon as I can.

List of not possible issues: firewall preventing the update (warframe has full access on all my firewalls), wrong operating system (I have 64-bit windows 8 trying to download 64-bit warframe), inadequate hardware (I have a 1500 dollar gaming laptop, running the latest drivers), warframe servers being down (all my friends near me are having no difficulties)

when I open the launcher, it briefly displays the progress in the bottom right (0/*insert number here because it's too fast*mb) and then changes to the "checking for updates".  I don't know how to fix it, frankly, because I never have, it has the same problems every update.

any help would be appreciated

SOS

You don't need to shut down your PC to kill Evolution Engine. Just press ctrl+shift+esc (at leat this shortcut works for Win7) and kill the process via task manager.

Also, never verify Warframe via Steam - it'll just re-download the whole game, because it has outdated data.

And even if the launcher throws "no response" error at your screen, just wait it out, it may eventually start working in few minutes. Or even leave it for an hour and go take a shower or something. It should start optimizing game files.

Defragmenting your HDD may also help.

You don't need to shut down your PC to kill Evolution Engine. Just press ctrl+shift+esc (at leat this shortcut works for Win7) and kill the process via task manager.

Also, never verify Warframe via Steam - it'll just re-download the whole game, because it has outdated data.

And even if the launcher throws "no response" error at your screen, just wait it out, it may eventually start working in few minutes. Or even leave it for an hour and go take a shower or something. It should start optimizing game files.

Defragmenting your HDD may also help.

Well, I didn't think of using task manager because I'm clearly an unintelligent person who resorts to petty retorts of immature language

In case you are illiterate instead of incompetent as I have been lead to believe, I am unable to verify via the launcher as it causes the launcher to crash and become unresponsive.

I have waited for hours every time it has gone unresponsive, which if I am correct, is longer than a "few minutes", and it has yet to become responsive

and again, to clarify your illiteracy, it is most definitely not an issue of my hardware's performance, so defragmenting will most likely not solve the issue

I normally have 2 crashes after update/hot-fix while playing no big deal use to it. But after the hot-fix today game not only crashes it stops my intel driver completely having it restart it self. I have never have had this happen. Anyone else with intel graphics having this problem?

after updating to 14.9.1 I pressed the play button. the screen turned black and wasn't switching to the mirage picture. went to windows task manager and said that warframe is not responding. closed it and tried it three more times. same problem happenned each time.

I was able to play for a bit before the hotfix. 

I start the game through Steam. The patcher comes up and after it updated the new stuff, I click play. The game goes into a black full screen for a few moments before it crashes. Then I get a the "Warframe has crashed" pop-up that lets me send a report.

I've tried a few times after and I get the same results

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if it's being looked into.

when my frost prime was done i took it on a mercury mission it freezes music stops and crashes every time but other warframes don't. fix this fast de 

i ve had it

first the mission start bug. (when i press play now doesn't start)

couldnt play for a week

then the event bug.(couldn't play it crashed always)

i missed the event . 

and now at last i got frost prime and i cant use it :(

DE this is becoming ridiculous.

i really like the game but why always buggy.

i rely on u to make this game fun.

i rely on u to make this game fun.

And they rely on us to help them do so. If your bug really is that serious, DE will most likely fix it, but you have to provide them with all the information, otherwise tracking the bug will be difficult. In your case, an issue so serious that you can't play the game with a certain Warframe may warrant a support ticket.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

P.S. Commanding DE to "fix it fast" will probably not get you as far as you'd like it to...

Edited by Metalarcher

Just tried launching warframe directly in stead of via steam, the graphic of nyx prime is shaded now, still having the same issues, going into options and clicking anything other than cancel causes the launcher to go unresponsive

You never mentioned, that you waited hours with unresponsive launcher, so I assumed, that you were just closing it each time after it crashed.

If you haven't thought of using task manager, well, good that I told you to do so. It can truly save a lot of time, pressing three keys instead of restarting the whole PC.

And fragmented HDD has nothing to do with hardware (well, partially), I recommend you read some about how the data on disk gets fragmented and what causes it. I assure you, that your disk is fragmented, if you have't defragged it in some time.

If the problem persists, try contacting support, since they are the ones who know how eactly the launcher works and what can caouse such issues as you eperience.

Also, nice argumentum ad hominem.