Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Or Dread?

Yazeth

Question

12 answers to this question

They are both modded practically the same way, so it's a tough decision for sure. In the end it comes down to what you like, high damage / low fire-rate or high fire-rate / low damage. Personally I like the Dread, but you should experiment to see what you like best

Edited by KilelrDrone492

They are both modded practically the same way, so it's a tough decision for sure. In the end it comes down to what you like, high damage / low fire-rate or high fire-rate / low damage. Personally I like the Dread, but you should experiment to see what you like best

This makes my post more meaningful and relevant to the discussion.

OT:

I personally go with Dread. It reaches a 100% crit rate incredibly easily, which makes it infinitely more reliable than the Wraithtron to me (since the latter feels like a pea shooter when it doesn't crit). Even if its theoretical DPS was much higher than Dread's, I'd still go with the bow because reliability is far more important than sandbag damage to me.

Edited by SortaRandom

The thing I dislike most about the Latron Wraith, and all Latrons, is how far it zooms in, which makes average combat really tricky unless you hip-fire everything (which is annoying). On top of having a normal zoom, the Dread goes through multiple enemies and does more consistent damage.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I'll use the Dread then. Oh and also:

I wish we could bring two primaries into a single game, buuuuuuuut you can't.

just swap out any time, bring w.e one you feel like at the time lol 

This. You are not limited to one endgame weapon. Just optimize one first, and then deal with the other. Bring whichever you feel like whenever you feel like it.

This. You are not limited to one endgame weapon. Just optimize one first, and then deal with the other. Bring whichever you feel like whenever you feel like it.

Lol. Well, idk, it just feels awkward to not have a set weapon that I want to use 100% of my time. It just feels that weird for me. Well, I'm gonna focus on Dread now anyways. It seems to be a really nice weapon, and I feel like that I can stick with it for a long time.

I'm late but I'm going to post any ways for the sake of post numbers. I'd with the latron wraith but it really depends on the frame you'll be using. If you miss a shot with the Latron wraith or any gun you can take another shot instantly. If you miss a shot with a bow it's vital. You're limited by mag size and you have to reload and draw the bow every time. But if you're using nyx,nova,or Excalibur I'd go with the bow seeing how nyx and Excalibur can stop enemies from damaging you and keep them somewhat in place and nova can just slow them down.

What you define as end game matters here, Latron Wraith will make short work of anything including T4 void missions unless you are doing endless defense/survival and go to super high mob levels.

A Dread doing higher damage per shot is pure overkill with a lower rate of fire, and you can mod a Latron Wraith for punch through.

Dread is an excellent weapon when using 4x CP, and is especially suited to taking out heavies or single survivors of nukes. I use it primarily in a group with a Mag/Prime, where only stragglers survive Shield Polarize. The Slash damage will create multiple corpses, increasing the benefits of Desecrate.

Latron Wraith has (IIRC) the highest ammunition efficiency in the game (as a relative scale, making headshots, Sybaris is close), and a large component of Puncture damage. The higher RoF and efficiency makes it better suited to taking out lesser units like Lancers, and the Puncture damage excells when not using 4x CP, for better armor penetration. I'd use it when not working with a nuke class, when not running 4x CP, or when your 'role' is not to prioritize heavies.