Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Pellets ( Too Little! )

BluecometxD

Shotguns used to be able to put out an insane amount of bullets/pellets making shotguns pretty darn fun to use but some people though it was OP for some good reason I can't remember and so they reduced the number of pellets per shot. Now the shotguns shoot about 3-5 pellets for shot which is pretty disappointing because it just doesn't feel like a shotgun. For example, the Strun has a pretty big barrel but it only shoots out 4 or so tiny pellets which is saddening for shotgun lovers like me. I think shotguns should be given some more pellets/bullets per shot and maybe balance it out with a damage reduction per pellet OR anything really I would just like to be able to see more than a few pellets coming out of my shotguns ;c

I agree with this. Part of the of the fun of using a shotgun is showering an enemy with a swarm of red-hot pellets. The other neat thing about them is that with good enough spread and pellet count, you still have a good chance of hitting an enemy the further away they are, but the trade off is that not as many pellets will be hitting and thus your damage potential is decreased.

I think the reason they have such low pellet counts is due to possible performance issues with having a high number of pellets being fired off and having to calc damage for all of them. If I'm mistaken on this, feel free to correct me.

All the shotguns, Sobek aside, have 8-12. I don't know where you get 3-5.

You may only see that many instances of damage, but there are 8-12 for all shotgun, again except for the Sobek.

I think the OP is definitely referring to visible pellet scarring on the walls. 8-12 pellets still feels a bit low to me though.

Edited by MirageKnight