The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Cant We Have This

baron1357

Ok so a random person on the wiki posted this as a response to wheter the soma prime should be released or not and may have inadvertenly given us (or at least  me ) our hope for endgame.

"It can't be helped, sooner or later we will see an even broken weapon than Soma Prime unless the developer finds a way to overhaul end game content (Take a look back at how Brakk was when it first came out, do you remember?). End game content is trash in this game, It's just mobs getting their HP and damage cranked up, while still retaining their idiotic AI behavior. And it is thanks to this concept that DE is cool with making OP weapons.

It doesn't take long to figure out why DE are doing this however, because if you managed to get too comfortable at playing this game with just MK-1 Braton from the start and begun to think like "hmmm, I think all other guns are just a bunch of gimmicks, why the hell do I need to craft/purchase other guns when I can just use these guns I have from the start and take it to end game" then developers can't take your money and the game will become even more repetitive than it actually is.

There should be a level cap in end game. I would say lvl 30. At that point all enemies should have thier statistics equivalent to a player having maxed out Serration, Redirection, Vitality, and Steel Fiber in addition to their base statistics. Instead of endless defense or survival getting harder through the increase of enemeis HP and damage as the rounds or timer goes by, DE should instead add a boss like mob into the mix after every 4 rounds.

For example, a Defense mission against Corpus faction. At round 5 you will be pitted against one Zanuka,  round 10 against two Zanukas, round 15 against two Zanukas and one Corpus Engineer boss that can repair both of them simultaneously. The mix gets harder (even above the point where you have to fight more than 10 stalkers at once) but the enemies HP and Damage remained the same. If endgame were to be something like this, coupled with major weapon damage rebalancing (Damage 3.0 perhaps?), I think anyone who prefer to play their own way can actually play their own way.

Thanks for reading and just so you know, this suggestion comes from someone with a record of personal best in endless defence of 50 waves at T3 with clan members, and 33 minutes on T3 survival solo with Frost and Excalibur, and these records were all achieved about 1-2 months ago. It is quite an average record, so don't take anything I have typed too seriously because my records does not hold enough weight."

A lone Tenno 

Because Archwings and new copter. :/

I really don't favor the new coptering (although it's intended to strike airborne enemies) but oh whale. Might as well make the maps larger to compensate for it.

But I think they're almost stepping in the right direction. Vor shows up in T4's as a mini boss, but that's about it.

Edited by BloodCarnival

I really don't favor the new coptering (although it's intended to strike airborne enemies) but oh whale. Might as well make the maps larger to compensate for it.

Honestly, the current coptering looks fine and functions fine, and I can already hit flying enemies with a well placed copter.

That's not a very dramatic change. All the suggestion is is nerfing OP weapons, lowering the level cap and making enemy waves be stronger enemies instead of higher level ones.

It's also not very interesting but I do approve of boss style enemy leaders every 5 waves in Defense.

If they add a level cap like mass effect, where the enemies dont get stronger, then it be alot higher than 30 for pros and they need alot tougher diverse enemy, i also like the idea of more sub bosses in the void.

The level cap right now just stops the armor from scaling, the health still scales infinity.

Suspicious Shipment Alerts certainly showed that Enemies can be less boring to fight (still just as bland overall at all points of the game but that's a different matter) and still be difficult.

which would be a start. step one of... probably 20 or 30.

Suspicious Shipment Alerts certainly showed that Enemies can be less boring to fight (still just as bland overall at all points of the game but that's a different matter) and still be difficult.

which would be a start. step one of... probably 20 or 30.

All those alerts did was raise the damage of every enemy while they stay level 15 (don't remember the level they where at) which is what infinite scaling already does.

All those alerts did was raise the damage of every enemy while they stay level 15 (don't remember the level they where at) which is what infinite scaling already does.

that's not what endless Missions currently do. it set their Damage at 4x what it would be at that level, but Health bars was at level.

which resulted in Enemies that killed you if you weren't using Mobility correctly and avoiding Damage, but they also weren't like triple and quadruple digit enemies where the game comes to a grinding halt, and instead of a game about mobility and manipulating Enemies, you're just standing there pumping Ammunition into them, reading a book while you wait for them to die.

so instead of a fast paced game turning into a pause menu, a fast paced game staying as a fast paced game.

that's not what endless Missions currently do. it set their Damage at 4x what it would be at that level, but Health bars was at level.

which resulted in Enemies that killed you if you weren't using Mobility correctly and avoiding Damage, but they also weren't like triple and quadruple digit enemies where the game comes to a grinding halt, and instead of a game about mobility and manipulating Enemies, you're just standing there pumping Ammunition into them, reading a book while you wait for them to die.

so instead of a fast paced game turning into a pause menu, a fast paced game staying as a fast paced game.

Guess that makes sense.

Edit: 1000th post. :3

Edited by Rakshal

Haha I just remembered something. This new coptering reminds me an awful lot of the grappling hooks DE once showed us. Many were for it, many were against it. Only difference between the two is that. as I have mentioned previously, this new coptering is for attacking airborne enemies. And in common, both take advantage of traversing in any given direction the player so chooses, thus making areas intended for parkouring to get to, well, void(?).

All the game needs to do is combine the various types of missions and enemies into actual quests with Solo and MP quests designed seperately.

Also missions should have challenge rooms where you face a series of trials to progress.

Also all the stuff you do in the Mastery Tests should be part of regular missions.

Also mods should be predetermined for weapons and frames and unlocked / obtained via leveling up. Only mod drops should be cores.

Also weapon damage should be locked and only affected by mods like fire rate, double shot, punch through, etc.

Also element mods should not add damage just add damage types and these, along with physical damage types, should be mods for ammo, not weapons.

So yeah there is a lot of stuff that would make balance better and inmprove the gameplay, endgame or otherwise. Because really the "endgame" should just be the "game".

Because its much easier to distract everyone with gimmicks such as space tomagotchis and animu space wings and watch as those that complain about core issues such as lack of endgame, lore, the mod system that only encourages damage/ability spam and inhumane rng grind, get flamed by people that have made it their job to praise DE with a fanatical zeal.

Inb4 people that don't have a clue about what end game means show up-whoops too late.
Oh well back to grinding powerful stuff just to one shot everything while grinding more powerful stuff!

P.S. This game will never realise its full potential.

Edited by Cabadath5

Mini bosses would be fun. As long as they don't have really dumb invulnerable phases like half the bosses in Warframe(it was cool on Lephantis because it's a zelda boss, it's boring on Lech Krill). It'd give cool drops too, which is nice.

'"hmmm, I think all other guns are just a bunch of gimmicks, why the hell do I need to craft/purchase other guns when I can just use these guns I have from the start and take it to end game"'

I feel this way about 99% of the weapons in the game, but that's because most of them are really poor performing anyway.