Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Useless Warframe Abilities Worth Leveling Up

BioRig

Question

I've been building my nekros for a day now and I wonder if its worth waste some points on soul punch and terrify.

The same goes for other frames like ash, you max smoke screen and blade storm and youre pretty much done. is it worth to level up teleport?

Ive been thinking a lot and cant seem to find a conclusion and i wanna know what you guys think

I hope everyone gets my point!

Edited by BioRig

6 answers to this question

It's worth it if you enjoy them and/or plan on using them. If they don't interest you, don't bother with them.

Personally, I try to use all abilities on my frames, and I've actually found them all to be useful. Sure, I don't always have them all on, but it feels a lot better having full access to them. Plus, they are what really make the frames unique in gameplay (aside from appearances), so it just makes sense to me.

teleport isn't useless.

it's not the same degree as bladestorm or smoke bomb, but is tail wind the same degree as tornado for zephyr? Both have their uses, and whether you want to use them is up to you.

for nekros, however, pretty much only desecrate is useful. Terrify is questionable (since max range / efficiency build for desecrate kinda ruins skill duration and power, the latter determines how many targets you terrify).

Shadows of the dead is kinda the same story, but with the difference that the shadows ALWAYS GET IN YOUR FRIGGIN WAY.

Soul punch you can keep if you have a slot to spare, nothing special, not really worth building your nekros around.

do note, however, that if you build with SotD in mind, you can have a nice helping hand with higher tiers, because (as long as you keep killing enemies) SotD scales very well with the level of enemies you face (after all, you raise the enemies you killed, at the level they were)

Edited by Alighierian

Personally, I try to use all abilities on my frames, and I've actually found them all to be useful. Sure, I don't always have them all on, but it feels a lot better having full access to them.

I agree. I like having all of them, you could never know when will one of it come in handy.