Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Day Just Got Worse. - Another Sechura Rant

ArgonTheFox

A 0% Sechura tax would be the equivalent of running a T3 mission for absolutely nothing, Idc about Dark Sectors much but DE made it that way, I don't see why players are bad if they wanna do this but another person wants to do that.

and dark sectors takes around 3-5 minutes

t3 captures take 2-3 minutes

and theres no tax on it!

This thread has wandered

The OP wasn't about cred rewards & what missions to do to get some

I don't play dark sectors anymore because of the taxes but I can understand the OP, sechura keeps being nice to level stuff with its bonuses if you don't mind the taxes

That said, to get back on topic, you are complaining about a mechanic of the game to no avail.

Whatever clan/alliance will hold sechura, someone is bound to attack it, all dark sectors are attacked as soon as their armistice time is over.

You can't do anything vs that, if it's not a small/"shady" alliance, it will be a big one. Calling on forums to stop it won't do anything.

Dark sector conflict are here to stay, deal with it. be patient & play elsewhere while rails are in conflict or stop playing them alltogether, that s all

Actually, people go to Sechura for leveling up gear, because duh, lvl 40 Stincky Ancient easily one-hit kills you whith his sly abbility. I'am okay whith credit taxes, but when it goes to resourses...

I think devs should increase the time for rail deployment after the conflict. That may give players some time to play whithout fear to be interrupted by another ambicious alliance.

Most of the time those 'shady alliances' are made with a purpose to simply block the solar rail so that no one else can take it.

I do not know if the alliance you are talking about is an offender, but it is a common theme that's been appearing.

Well, I hope DE is aware of it and planning a response then.

I mean what if they put in DS: Conflict a reward of 200k credits, its community's decision wether to keep them or not right? It is a moral decision everyone has to make.

Wrong.

Most PvEers won't do the PvP just to have a 0.0001% effect on the outcome of the conflict.

(I assume that) many people have written off Dark Sectors and washed their hands of it.

(I speak from observing my brother, who's been playing Warframe for longer & much more intensively than me.)

Of those, some need the credits, and so will divebomb any high battlepay fight, because they don't care who wins anyway, so might as well get paid.

And, of course, you have the people with a vested interest in who owns what.

So no, it's not a representation of 'The Will Of The Community', and absolutely not a "moral decision" that 'everyone' has to make.

I watched my brother spend... idk, probably 20ish hours over 3 days trying to affect a few DS fights.

The experience has rather soured him on the whole gimmic.

That would make having alliances etc redundant 

A group of people to socialize and group with?

(With a dedicated channel, as opposed to 'Friends'.)

You are not forced to play those: i stopped when i discovered how useful interceptions can be.

You make exp killing enemies, capping towers and you can even get some nice tier 4 keys.

Which is well and fine if you can solo them, or have progressed that far.

Unless you luck into a squad-mate, you'll be unlocking the planets mostly alone.

Which, to my surprise, can actually be done with starter gear IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT MODS RANKED HIGH ENOUGH.

Which requires access to the creatures who DROP those mods, and being able to FINISH THE @($!! MISSION, since you only keep credits and exp from failed missions.

Which is no help to you the NEXT time you try that mission, since you're exactly as powerful (loadoutwise) as you were LAST TIME.

tl;dr - My brother (whom I mentioned above. He's a MR16 account with every mod except the event ones tmk) does that.

I can't.

if you want quick money go run some void runs

if you don't have keys just join someone hosting

more credits less time

See above.

Not everyone hosts T1, and not everyone can contribute to T2+.

As I discovered back in MR2 when I was trying to get a Control Module for a Rhino with only Jupiter and Mars unlocked.

Whoa dude you are sounding really selfish and what not. You're there for one reason but someone else would want to be there for another reason, but what gives you the right to push aside other peoples desires for yours? 

That's a two-way street.

I want to be able to use the DS for exp and credits.

Can't do either when they're in conflict.

Why should someone else be able to shut me out of a DS at THEIR whim, just so they can get rich or have their clan name show up in game?

You just said the reason why most players don't play DS.

75% tax = 75% less interest in DS

++

only do pvp if the battle pay is 100k+ or when im really bored...

As I was saying...

and dark sectors takes around 3-5 minutes

t3 captures take 2-3 minutes

and theres no tax on it!

Again:

Not everyone can do T3 missions.

And if you can't, you need credits and crafting fodder to be YES-able to.

And there is a tax.

It's called 'Spend time and effort in content that rewards keys, then sacrifice to the RNG in hopes you get the key you want.'

This, of course, presupposes that you CAN do the content to begin with.

Before completing my Rhino (with help from someone), I couldn't.

Not the same thing, but a nearly solution:

Go to mars

Kill anyo

Sell mag part

Repeat.

Or you can go to phobo's boss mission to get double (trinity and weapon part)

Ah, now THAT is a useful response.

Thank you, I'll try that.

I'm going to make myself suffer and do PvP just to attack that rail with my clan as many times as possible because I want to annoy you.

Well, everyone needs a hobby.

Enjoy your masochism/schadenfruede, I guess?

Edited by Entelechy

unlocking the planets mostly alone <snip> to my surprise, can actually be done with starter gear

Except the mk-1 Strun.

That thing is terrible ._.

-snip-

you're just inconveniencing players by doing so.

-snip-

"But you can always go to Semini, Ceres." - That tileset is nasty.

-snip-

and I would go and personally break your solar rail, if DE didn't wreck Dark Sector conflicts so it was compulsory pvp, which gets abused constantly,

^

Edited by Chroia

People played on sechura for the quick money, not for exp.

With V and their "corrupted goverment" taxes, now nobody plays sechura.

Its easy, stop playing DS, they dont get money, and when they have to defend theirs, they wont have nothing.

Lords of the east is another corrupted clan.

DE really made a mistake with these dark sectors.

I am from SSU before, alliance is Lords of the East...given like 3million battlepay one time XD

I hate Dark Sectors.

Some alliance is getting XX% credits from MY reward, that I earned and that took MY time to do. They did what - NOTHING.

Taxes are the reason why i don't play Dark Sectors.

if they did nothing, then why don't u just go out and take the rail back and then post 0% tax

Because in most cases fellow players suffer from those conflicts, not big clans or alliances. Random player can't destruct a rail just by himself, because a single complete mission depletes less than 1% of rail's durability. Also, you would not want to spend hours smashing specters or duying of bladestorms.

Well, I hope DE is aware of it and planning a response then.

Wrong.

Most PvEers won't do the PvP just to have a 0.0001% effect on the outcome of the conflict.

(I assume that) many people have written off Dark Sectors and washed their hands of it.

(I speak from observing my brother, who's been playing Warframe for longer & much more intensively than me.)

Of those, some need the credits, and so will divebomb any high battlepay fight, because they don't care who wins anyway, so might as well get paid.

And, of course, you have the people with a vested interest in who owns what.

So no, it's not a representation of 'The Will Of The Community', and absolutely not a "moral decision" that 'everyone' has to make.

-snip-

Sure, its not a moral decision, i just wrote that cause of of the dramatic sounds ( that was also sarcasm, i forgot to put in "-s). But yeah, people don't really care about others and most of DS pvpers are cheap and use cheap tactics, main reason i don't play DS conflicts.