Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Wish They Could Buy Only The Targis Armour Set...

Mesyra

I agree with this point 100% however I'm not sure it applies to prime access that well.

I don't agree that prime access is purely targeted to vets; and the MR2 and MR3 rhino/loki primes I saw running around right after those launches verifies this.

However, you are correct, the boosters have absolutely no value to me (and probably you). I'd agree that prime access would sell better if they replaced boosters with other swaggy (or at least relevant to vets) items.

I'd say atleast the solely cosmetic items are (or atleast, vets are the most likely to buy them) - since the primes themselves are atleast "functional" (indeed, Rhino/Loki Prime are flat-out better than their non-Prime counterparts, even if by only a tad... and that's a somewhat new trend) and a good chunk of vets (and some savvy newbies) likely know enough to trade for the parts they can't farm so as to get them on the cheap.

That said, the strictly cosmetic items aren't even offered in half the Prime Access packs, you don't see 'em in two-thirds of the packs that actually include the prime frame/weapons (which makes even less sense to me, except in the case of the other $50 pack). They're only in the least expensive standalone pack (which contains the boosters that are dead weight to you, myself, and likely others), or the most expensive one.

Indeed, you yourself said "nobody would buy Prime Access for $79 if you could just get the exclusives...", but you can't even get them in the $79 pack (the least expensive one which offers all the Prime Weapons and the frame).

EDIT:

targis prime as a pack for everyone ?

ok, then i want the excalibur prime and all event-weapons which i miss and all stuff which i miss in general since warframe was started for everyone

You know, while it's probably not productive... I can bring up the fact that everyone playing now already receives literally free access to an "exclusive": Frost Prime - DE described it as being "exclusive" no less than half a dozen times during the Fusion Moa event in the closing days of U7 and prior to guaranteed key rewards from survival (which didn't exist at that point) the only practical way to obtain the other parts so as to actually build it was to shell out for key packs. ;-)

Edited by Taranis49

Honestly, as someone stated before on one of these types of posts, if you are unable to save up $50 or $140 over the course of 3 months to afford the Prime Access packs then you may have other issues to deal with. Comes down to choice.

It's not a question of 'can I buy this?'. I can more than afford to Pay DE to not play their game.

It's 'why would I buy something that I want to throw 90% of it away?'

It's like going to a warehouse store, buying the bulk pack of sports drinks, and then taking out the 3 cherry ones and chucking the other 22.

what if we get an unprimed version of it? The style remains the same but without the gold textures or parts . Not perfect but i think it will be fine i think ?

Why bother with such workarounds when you can do it easier and more effective way which benefits literally everyone, de gets more money, we spend money only on stuff we consider worth buying, exclusive bunch still gets their exclusive stuff

Edited by Davoodoo

Why bother with such workarounds when you can do it easier and more effective way which benefits literally everyone, de gets more money, we spend money only on stuff we consider worth buying, exclusive bunch still gets their exclusive stuff

this^ 

people are not seeing that this is a beneficial idea for both parties. 

Having bought the mid tier Nyx PA, I was thinking of upgrading it to the complete set next month. This caused me to notice I don't mind the boosters while paying 50 more because I also get like 1300 extra platinum.

You know what that means? That while in the future I may not be interested in the packs that have the frame and weapons, if the prime accessories had the extra platinum (the boosters being exclusive to the $140 tier), I'd buy the accessories immediately.

Edited by The_Doc

Having bought the mid tier Nyx PA, I was thinking of upgrading it to the complete set next month. This caused me to notice I don't mind the boosters while paying 50 more because I also get like 1300 extra platinum.

You know what that means? That while in the future I may not be interested in the packs that have the frame and weapons, if the prime accessories had the extra platinum (the boosters being exclusive to the $140 tier), I'd buy the accessories immediately.

Not that it's much, but I'd like to point out that the Absorb package costs an additional $10 over the Chaos and Accessories packs combined and that's roughly in line of what that platinum costs in the bundle.

Preposterous!

(Nah, I'll still get it :P)

So you'd buy a $60 accessory pack with accessories and 1300 plat or you'd buy the $50 with just the accessories?

Because as true to the current discount rate as it is DE would never bundle the accessories and 2100 plat for $49.99.

Everyone would jump on that and inflation would skyrocket.

The thing is, many people are literally just waiting to give the developers money for meaningless cosmetics to look cool, which I am one of them. Except there's a difference between 20 and 50 dollars. A 30 dollar difference, or 150%. That's 150% extra cost for things we don't want to get the one item we want. Now I understand selling things in bundles, like you buy an aggregate 12 pack of soda for 15 dollars, while getting rid of the stuff that never sells, but at the same time people are usually offered the choice to buy single bottles of whatever the so well desire for something like a buck fifty a bottle. 

indeed.

the things people buy every day, if you're not buying it in bulk... you're always paying extra for nothing.

customers have shown that they are willing to be ripped off a bit to get whatever they exactly want. willing to pay extra for just how much of a product they want to buy.

and with digital products... it's way easier to create many different package sizes ;)

just think, Soda comes in so many sizes already, most of them pretty pointless but sold anyways.

12 oz, 16 oz, 20 oz, 24 oz, 1 liter, 2 liter, 3 liter;

6 packs of all kinds of bottle sizes;

entire trays of all kinds of sizes;

Et Cetera.

most of those sizes ARE a ripoff, but they're available anyways.

So you'd buy a $60 accessory pack with accessories and 1300 plat or you'd buy the $50 with just the accessories?

Because as true to the current discount rate as it is DE would never bundle the accessories and 2100 plat for $49.99.

Why not, both 2100 plat and 90 days boosters are worth around 100$, the rest 10$ of that price is cosmetics, with current discount rate it both would cost 50$.

Still if you think thats a really good deal then think again, its barely a 50% discount, if you want to get that discount then dont play for 1 day then you are nearly guaranteed to get such discount on 1 star login reward, also yesterday i got my 8th 75% discount since u14, 2100 plat costs me 25$ so prime access doesnt seem like such great offer at all.

Thats unless youre console, since consoles are being ripped off royally by de.

Edited by Davoodoo

$60 for the cosmetics and the platinum (1365, not 2100: it's the difference between Chaos and Absorb). Swap the boosters out and move them to the $140 bundle.

Considering you can't buy PA more than once and 1000 plat costs $50 it seems fair enough: it's the items plus discounted platinum.

After all, the Chaos pack gave me more platinum than the store for less money.

I'm still gonna upgrade, I'm just saying I'd like prime access to be "50 or 60 for ~1300p and cosmetics" while the boosters are in the 140 pack in case I'm not interested in the packs during future Prime Access.

Why not, both 2100 plat and 90 days boosters are worth around 100$, the rest 10$ of that price is cosmetics, with current discount rate it both would cost 50$.

Still if you think thats a really good deal then think again, its barely a 50% discount, if you want to get that discount then dont play for 1 day then you are nearly guaranteed to get such discount on 1 star login reward, also yesterday i got my 8th 75% discount since u14, 2100 plat costs me 25$ so prime access doesnt seem like such great offer at all.

Thats unless youre console, since consoles are being ripped off royally by de.

I'm well aware, that's why I chose that number. I certainly wouldn't mind that arrangement, I'm just too pessimistic to believe it'll happen.

I think a guaranteed, three month plat discount would be seen by DE as a negative thing as it A) would interfere with normal plat sales and B) would throw the in game economy on it's head.

DE currently has Prime access set up to compliment regular plat sales rather than replace it, and as such most of the amounts bought are probably around the $5-$20 range. The exception being when that semi rare coupon hits and a player bumps up to the next level past what they normally spend. DE gets more for their buck when players buy the smaller amounts after all, so in the roughly 12 weeks a given prime access is up they'd rather a player spend $5 a week with a discounted $10 or $20 than a single $50 purchase, discounted or not. I don't know how well others ration their plat, but my sole purchase was $25 after a 75% coupon back in Feb and I still have more than what I've traded for.

Secondly I feel there really isn't a plat sink that could handle that kind of influx. Exclusive shinnies replacing the mods on a guaranteed 50% off Twain pack? I'd wager that 50-70% of the spending population of Warframe would take advantage of that. Since after all $50 in three months isn't hard to save up. It is however probably a bit more platinum than normally get's introduced into the system.

$60 for the cosmetics and the platinum (1365, not 2100: it's the difference between Chaos and Absorb). Swap the boosters out and move them to the $140 bundle.

Considering you can't buy PA more than once and 1000 plat costs $50 it seems fair enough: it's the items plus discounted platinum.

After all, the Chaos pack gave me more platinum than the store for less money.

I'm still gonna upgrade, I'm just saying I'd like prime access to be "50 or 60 for ~1300p and cosmetics" while the boosters are in the 140 pack in case I'm not interested in the packs during future Prime Access.

I only mentioned the 2100 since both the pair of boosters and the Twain pack about $100. If the icons were included like with the rhino prime pack and it was before my experience with plat support I would be tempted but I don't know how many others would be OK with a $70 value for $60 cost bundle.

Secondly I feel there really isn't a plat sink that could handle that kind of influx. Exclusive shinnies replacing the mods on a guaranteed 50% off Twain pack? I'd wager that 50-70% of the spending population of Warframe would take advantage of that. Since after all $50 in three months isn't hard to save up. 

That's likely. It also makes it more notorious how they are either deliberately trying to make the pack unattractive by sticking things many don't want in there or they have no idea what else to shove in the pack.

I can't guess how much this would change the economy because I don't know how much the average spending player spends in 3 months.

Right now I'm hoping the next prime accesories are not appealing for me. I don't want to shell out $140 every 3 months!

I'm well aware, that's why I chose that number. I certainly wouldn't mind that arrangement, I'm just too pessimistic to believe it'll happen.

I think a guaranteed, three month plat discount would be seen by DE as a negative thing as it A) would interfere with normal plat sales and B) would throw the in game economy on it's head.

DE currently has Prime access set up to compliment regular plat sales rather than replace it, and as such most of the amounts bought are probably around the $5-$20 range. The exception being when that semi rare coupon hits and a player bumps up to the next level past what they normally spend. DE gets more for their buck when players buy the smaller amounts after all, so in the roughly 12 weeks a given prime access is up they'd rather a player spend $5 a week with a discounted $10 or $20 than a single $50 purchase, discounted or not. I don't know how well others ration their plat, but my sole purchase was $25 after a 75% coupon back in Feb and I still have more than what I've traded for.

Secondly I feel there really isn't a plat sink that could handle that kind of influx. Exclusive shinnies replacing the mods on a guaranteed 50% off Twain pack? I'd wager that 50-70% of the spending population of Warframe would take advantage of that. Since after all $50 in three months isn't hard to save up. It is however probably a bit more platinum than normally get's introduced into the system.

Well, from what i remember before de introduced discounts, many players were complaining about how expensive is plat, becuase it is very expensive with some frames costing more than 20$, more than complete long story dlc with some additional gear included, hell enemy within which was awesome costs 25$.

I wouldnt see discount like a discount but rather another bandaid fix for these plat prices.

Also de doesnt seem to have a problem with selling plat in other prime access packs or even making discount work on every package, 4300 plat for 50$, no problem, oh another day you got another 75% off?? np 50$ 4300plat.

They simply dont care about game economy as trading was afterthought and ppl while asking for trading actually suggested that there should be no currency only item for item it de own idea to add plat to trading.

Even if de somehow did care about game economy, then they could just release these cosmetics without boosters for a mere 20$, without any discount.

Economy saved(lol), veterans happy, de gets money.

Edited by Davoodoo

That's likely. It also makes it more notorious how they are either deliberately trying to make the pack unattractive by sticking things many don't want in there or they have no idea what else to shove in the pack.

I can't guess how much this would change the economy because I don't know how much the average spending player spends in 3 months.

Right now I'm hoping the next prime accesories are not appealing for me. I don't want to shell out $140 every 3 months!

Sadly that first option is the only reason I can see for removing a cosmetic (icons) from the cosmetics pack.

I've spoken to people who say they buy plat weekly, and I can't fathom spending more than $10 like that. Just enough for a few slots and some trades and/or frivolous spending.

I usually like one thing in the bundle, but it was only a combination of really liking Loki Prime's helmet design and something I've wanted to be a thing for the previous five months that would have pushed me over into buying any of the prime accessory packs. (I successfully resisted the previous two after all.) The worst part though? Now that it's happened I'll never get another crack at it again. I've never even seen the parts used.

Edit:

Well, from what i remember before de introduced discounts, many players were complaining about how expensive is plat, becuase it is very expensive with some frames costing more than 20$, more than complete long story dlc with some additional gear included, hell enemy within which was awesome costs 25$.

I wouldnt see discount like a discount but rather another bandaid fix for these plat prices.

Also de doesnt seem to have a problem with selling plat in other prime access packs or even making discount work on every package, 4300 plat for 50$, no problem, oh another day you got another 75% off?? np 50$ 4300plat.

They simply dont care about game economy as trading was afterthought and ppl while asking for trading actually suggested that there should be no currency only item for item it de own idea to add plat to trading.

Even if de somehow did care about game economy, then they could just release these cosmetics without boosters for a mere 20$, without any discount.

Economy saved(lol), veterans happy, de gets money.

There are only so many active coupons at a time though, and I'm sure DE can control that number. And it is a band-aid fix to mollify those who bought items. Temporary sales are one thing but a permanent reduction would raise complaints.

Still I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if it did happen then disappointed when it doesn't.

Edited by Onisa

There are only so many active coupons at a time though, and I'm sure DE can control that number. And it is a band-aid fix to mollify those who bought items. Temporary sales are one thing but a permanent reduction would raise complaints.

Still I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if it did happen then disappointed when it doesn't.

Hell, its beta, i expect beta to last few weeks at best and then get my progress wiped so i can enjoy game at its complete state.

Not only that, players actually agreed that there might be changes and like de said "we might reset accounts if we find it necessary".

Sure i can understand that they dont want to reset accounts with 500+ hours in them but keeping prices high because some ppl were stupid enough to buy it for such a high price??

At worst they could just lower price by half and add everyone +100% of their total plat as bonus for that, though personally i wouldnt be so soft.

Also like i said you can get 50% coupon pretty much whenever you like with a really high chance, 75% off seem like a real half price coupon here they are reasonably rare and price with them is pretty tempting.

Edited by Davoodoo