Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Suggestions For Mechanical Changes To Excavation Mode

[DE]Momaw

Some minor quality of life stuff.

1.)  The drills shouldn't allow power cells to be deposited if they already have sufficient power to finish the job. It's really irritating to see power cells being wasted in the hinterlands of the map where they are scarce, by people who can't be bothered to see how much power the thing already has.

2.) Drills should require an interaction of some kind in order to drop, not just running through the general area.  Maybe drill sites are represented by a small radio beacon on a stake, until a player walks up and uses them to call in the drill.  Accidentally opening multiple fronts on the battle is all too easy.

Agreed on both points. I'll be just sitting back and defending a drill while holding a power cell with me to take back to the scanner because it has more than enough power to finish. At least two other people are frantically scampering about trying to feed the thing more and more power cells when it has 70% power, and 30 seconds left.

And the second one, especially on Phobos. There's so many little "trio" spots for the scanners and just running to get energy, I will accidentally trigger a second drill late-game and usually end up having to either stretch myself thin or sacrifice the one I accidentally spawned.

Definitely yes for the first change, simply because new players tend to waste all the batteries before you can explain anything to them lol

I dont care either way for the second idea, it does seem like it would prevent accidentally summoning extractors, so sure why not. I can already see players complaining that they have to spend an extra second to activate the calldown haha

I really like the 2nd change, but the 1st does have one small issue: dropping excess power cells is the only universally-available means to restore depleted shields to drills (when fully depleted, they don't regen on there own).

This can be crucial to keeping a drill alive long enough to finish the drop.

Still, it isn't a bad idea.

Edited by SlyStrike5

Some minor quality of life stuff.

1.)  The drills shouldn't allow power cells to be deposited if they already have sufficient power to finish the job. It's really irritating to see power cells being wasted in the hinterlands of the map where they are scarce, by people who can't be bothered to see how much power the thing already has.

2.) Drills should require an interaction of some kind in order to drop, not just running through the general area.  Maybe drill sites are represented by a small radio beacon on a stake, until a player walks up and uses them to call in the drill.  Accidentally opening multiple fronts on the battle is all too easy.

#1) Yes I agree this would be great, it annoys the hell out of me when people waste the cells because they can't be bothered to read.

#2) Rather than a interaction, like hitting x on a panel, they could just have some sort of orb floating at the spot and you just have to shoot it or melee it so you don't have to stop moving.  In other words no sitting target for a moment.

• 2 weeks later...