Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Crossbow?

Netheroc

We need a very awesome feeling heavy crossbow. Attica is fine DPS wise, but it feels very weak, from the sound to the recoil. Also id love a semi-automatic crossbow, or a magazine-less even, like bows. Travel time like Ballistica, innate punch-through, no ragdolling, since bolts would penetrate straight through.

Heavy crossbows makes me feel like they need that winch or leg-supported reload. Which would look really odd.
But if you find some way of mechanizing it while keeping the heavy feel, sure, I could try that.

heavy_crossbow.png

regulus.png

Edited by Lactamid

Its fine, i just couldnt figure out what you meant.

Well, that happens often, my english is horrendous and i should probably make an effort to improve it

Elemental crossbows woud be interesting perhaps coz who wouldn't wanna  shoot stuff with burning arrows at weapon lvl 0 >.>

Yeah, I really want a slow xbow that hits like a truck, one that performs more like an arrow-shooting sniper.

It would have no charge time, but a reload system similar to Vectis & Tigris.

Would have less projectile drop than a bow, more base damage, but be less Crit-focused/abled, with a very high status chance.
Its physical damage types could be high Impact & Puncture, with very low to no Slash.

Edited by Flackenstien

After the Ballistica and the Attica, yes. I want a bigger, beefier crossbow.

Heavy crossbows makes me feel like they need that winch or leg-supported reload. Which would look really odd.
But if you find some way of mechanizing it while keeping the heavy feel, sure, I could try that.

It doesn't have to be a massive lunk. It can still be a reasonably-sized hunting xbow but hit fast and hit hard with one bolt at a time.

See: Killing Floor crossbow

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Perhaps a Heavy Crossgun with a charge mechanic that makes it rapid fire in one quick session or shoot out a explosive arrow with a big aoe or a flaming arrow that sets people and the floor on fire engulfing anyone or anything near it or the enemy or shoot out a bunch remote mines that blow up on your call  or something or one of these can be alt fire...

Sounds good to me, maybe the one we saw in the last stream is ~heavy~. We will have to wait, but it will eventually come.

There was a crossbow in the last stream? I must have missed it. I can't find it anywhere else either.

Or do you men the compound bow from the devstream with the concept artists?

Edited by Noble_Cactus