Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nothing In Your Game Interface Tells Me How To Report Bugs

Amarsir

I was just stuck in the terrain, and used the time waiting for my team to finish the mission to look for a /stuck command.  I learned it doesn't exist because you want bug reports with locations.  (Why /stuck wouldn't log the location is beyond me.)  But nothing in the game that I could see would let me report bugs, either.  I'm sure it's there somewhere, but this is the first online game I've played in years that doesn't have a / command list built in.

So F*** it, and F*** the next player to get stuck there.  If you're too arrogant to let people get unstuck, and too stupid to make bug reporting easy, then you deserve what you get.  I've wasted more than enough patience on it already.

Um... There's a feedback section right over there... *Points to other forum*

There's also tickets you can submit for in-depth reports...

And most games don't have an in-game bug reporting feature...

So...

(Also: NB4L! Name calling and harsh negativity get everyone nowhere)

Edited by Sitchrea

1 - The thing about locations is that Warframe's maps are generated when the mission is run.  A set of coordinates one run will be a totally different location when it's next entered in most maps.

2 - There's a help command, but it only lists chat commands because those are the only commands.  This is not like server-and-room based multiplayer FPS games where the host has admin control over the game, it's a P2P game structured as it if was an MMO.

3 - Yes, we need an unsticking command, Idunno' how long it'll take the devs to stop being so thick-skulled and stick one in.  We probably get at least a thread a day about it.

One of the devs explained somewhere why the /unstuck won't be a thing, even if it were to send some data.

If player reports the bug, he can provide steps to reproduce it, multiple screenshots, dunno, arrows showing how he got there, maybe even a video, all that stuff, whereas built-in tool would just provide a screenshot and maybe some basic data of tile in which that happened and location in this tile. Even if you give a player the possibility to add a description, in most cases it'll be only "ghasdfsa".

What's better - 10 detailed reports that give the dev some actual information, or 1000 reports, of which 990 will be titled "tfjghlukl" with "hkAJVcf" content?