Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Build Help] (Soma) Cryo Or Bane Mod For Grineer?

(XBOX)noisemarine5555

Question

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First let me say sorry if this is posted in the wrong section i'm new to forums.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So like the title states should i use cryo rounds or a bane mod for my soma?

Here is my setup at the moment

http://goo.gl/9Qgu0Z

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is what i would look like if i replaced it

http://goo.gl/7jK8N7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So should i replace cryo rounds with bane of grineer, Is there any upsides or downsides?

also if you're wondering why i haven't upgraded serration or heavy caliber to the max yet, It's because i need to farm more fusion cores first.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by (XB1)noisemarine5555

24 answers to this question

Radiation damage is great against Alloy armor, but isn't at all strong against Ferrite armored enemies, which includes Gunners, Commanders, Troopers and the melee type units.

If you were to drop Bane(/CryoRounds) and HCal from the build in order to install 180% Viral, you'd lose some damage against Alloy armor, but gain some against Ferrite, and regain base accuracy, which aids in making headshots against heavies.

This is my build for Soma. 

Bane of Grineer increases damage by 30% this includes all sources of damage such as Slash, Puncture and Impact for example. Cryo is adding cold damage. The Soma is not a status weapon, it is a critical weapon. 

4w80B2A.jpg

Edited by Mythblaze

Elemental damage and all elements have the most effect when they have reliable chance to activate. Elemental damage is calculated into the damage dealt to an enemy however the chance of a status effect occurring with the Soma is slim and unreliable. Even building the Soma for a single combined element would require myself to drop Shred and Fanged Fusillade. Using two dual stat elemental/status mods on Soma still would yield a non desirable amount of status chance. 

All weapons in Warframe are either a raw damage, critical or status weapon and in a few cases they exceed in two of these categories such as the Marelock that has high damage and status. In the case of Marelock you can build for raw damage and add dual stat elemental/status mods. 

This is my build for Soma. 

Bane of Grineer increases damage by 30% this includes all sources of damage such as Slash, Puncture and Impact for example. Cryo is adding cold damage. The Soma is not a status weapon, it is a critical weapon. 

4w80B2A.jpg

+1 to this build, I don't have  Fussilade and split chamber though, I replaced the two with Infected clip Together with Malignant force, and cryo rounds for viral, But in my opinion it just really depends on the enemy, this guys build is all-around and is a very good build.

Elemental damage and all elements have the most effect when they have reliable chance to activate. Elemental damage is calculated into the damage dealt to an enemy however the chance of a status effect occurring with the Soma is slim and unreliable.

Status effects are unrelated to the damage an element will do.

Adding 180% Corrosive or Radiation or Viral, w/e your preference is, will always do that 180% extra damage - status chance only effects the secondary effect, etc armorloss/confusion/halvedhealth.

Replacing Fanged Fusiliade and Hammer Shot with 180% elements would be a significant damage boost, even before we consider the additional elemental modifiers against certain Grineer units.

I use http://goo.gl/aOlpXD for Grineer, sometimes http://goo.gl/N1Jwxk at lower levels and for crowds. I'm not a fan of HCal as I aim for headshots.

Status effects are unrelated to the damage an element will do.

Adding 180% Corrosive or Radiation or Viral, w/e your preference is, will always do that 180% extra damage - status chance only effects the secondary effect, etc armorloss/confusion/halvedhealth.

Replacing Fanged Fusiliade and Hammer Shot with 180% elements would be a significant damage boost, even before we consider the additional elemental modifiers against certain Grineer units.

I use http://goo.gl/aOlpXD for Grineer, sometimes http://goo.gl/N1Jwxk at lower levels and for crowds. I'm not a fan of HCal as I aim for headshots.

Read the quote you have there. "Elemental damage is calculated into the damage dealt to an enemy however the chance of a status effect occurring with the Soma is slim and unreliable."

Edited by Mythblaze

Read the quote you have there. "Elemental damage is calculated into the damage dealt to an enemy however the chance of a status effect occurring with the Soma is slim and unreliable."

A Status Effect, also know as a proc, is an additional effect which may be triggered at random by a hit from a weapon, while status chance is the probability that a hit will trigger a Status Effect. Each damage type has a unique status effect associated with it. 

A weapon will always (with every shot) deal any elemental and physical damage installed, regardless of the corresponding status triggering or not.

Taken from the wiki, So doesn't that explain that elemental damage will do damage regardless of status proc triggering or not? or am i completly wrong?

lol had some problems with the reply system sorry about the spam above since i don't think you can delete a post :D

Elemental damage happens on each shot. Status has nothing to do with that.

ALL good builds require two slots for elementals minimum.

Thats what i thought but it sounds like what (mythblaze) is saying is that elemental damage only happens when you status proc but i could be wrong and he's saying something different so sorry mythblaze if you mean't something else.

Thats what i thought but it sounds like what (mythblaze) is saying is that elemental damage only happens when you status proc but i could be wrong and he's saying something different so sorry mythblaze if you mean't something else.

Yes he seems to mean that. But it's not true.

Elemental damage and all elements have the most effect when they have reliable chance to activate. Elemental damage is calculated into the damage dealt to an enemy however the chance of a status effect occurring with the Soma is slim and unreliable. Even building the Soma for a single combined element would require myself to drop Shred and Fanged Fusillade. Using two dual stat elemental/status mods on Soma still would yield a non desirable amount of status chance. 

All weapons in Warframe are either a raw damage, critical or status weapon and in a few cases they exceed in two of these categories such as the Marelock that has high damage and status. In the case of Marelock you can build for raw damage and add dual stat elemental/status mods. 

im sorry sir but you have no idea how elemental damage works

elemental damage is applied to your weapon even if you have 0% status

when you do proc a status, that is just an extra effect along with the damage you already dealt

Elemental mods have 2 effects.

1) As a damage increase.

2) A status proc.

So even if you use a 0% chance to proc weapon like the Stug, you will still always do Corrosive damage that has a +75% extra damage against armor.

So even if u don't proc forever, you still do elemental damage.

So Mythblaze is sadly wrong on that part.

I lost all faith in people today(Reading comprehension). I did say that elemental damage is calculated into the damage dealt.

lol lighten up, It's the way you worded your post that confused alot of us as to what you exactly mean't.

Besides i wasn't using cold on my soma for the status chance proc but for the extra damage it added instead

I lost all faith in people today(Reading comprehension). I did say that elemental damage is calculated into the damage dealt.

lol lighten up, It's the way you worded your post that confused alot of us as to what you exactly mean't.

Besides i wasn't using cold on my soma for the status effect  but for the extra damage it added instead

Radiation damage is great against Alloy armor, but isn't at all strong against Ferrite armored enemies, which includes Gunners, Commanders, Troopers and the melee type units.

If you were to drop Bane(/CryoRounds) and HCal from the build in order to install 180% Viral, you'd lose some damage against Alloy armor, but gain some against Ferrite, and regain base accuracy, which aids in making headshots against heavies.

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. Going to try it sometime