The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Names?

QuasarDecimari

Question

Hoping this isn't in the wrong topic... But I do need help.

In your opinion, what would be the best name for a Tenno with silent, dark, assassin-like qualities?

In short, basically the Stalker, but with supreme and dark traits?

My best name I have come up with is this:

-Vengeful_Shadow

My reasoning is because Vengeance is the act of punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong.

Shadow is probably the best in this case, because I want to create a dark name. As if the character himself has been moulded by the darkness from his past.

I don't want to compare it this way, but I suppose it's  my best idea. Like Batman. This Tenno is darkened, personality wise, and very skilled. His past and skills allow him to be completely relentless against his foes.

I feel this post is a bit pointless to others, but in actuality, it'll save me a lot of time and stress.

Any ideas for names for a Tenno like this would be great!

Edited by CortGaming

But what if I was able to predict that and put the l before the I and the I before the l and then said uppercase i or lowercase L for confusion ?

I said in casual use.

Meaning: When it is not being actively focused upon or thought about.

Obviously you get into some serious thought-prediction shenanigans when someone knows you're trying to predict them, and you know they know, and they know that you know ... etc eternium

What about "CortFrame"?

That would imply something molded by its past, be game-thematic, keep your own identity attached to it, and give yourself new flavor, all at the same time.

+1 for CortFrame.

Works, original, sounds nice, shortens to 'Cort', has history with you.

It's perfect, use it.

Problem solved people, move along, nothing to see here.

But Cortframe is both horrible, and not what he was going for at all...

1. really not sure you know what the word "horrible" means.

2. It's exactly what he's going for:

Let's not hate on the Mod :P It's a neat name.

CortGaming is just overused by me, and with this being a game I don't show on my channel, I feel like I'm just self-advertising, and that's a guilty feeling. Warframe is my most played game, ever. I want to be a contribution to the game in any way possible, but I can't have a name that links to something like my YouTube channel. If you understand what I'm going for here.

Everyone, your advice has been great and all, but now this is going nowhere. This post really didn't need to go as far as it did. I thank all of you who really tried to help, but now I have realized I need to think harder and this post is more a problem than anything. If possible, I would like to request to have this post deleted. I am almost sad it exists at this point.

Thanks for your help, but please, put me out of my misery :/

Edited by CortGaming

Did a lot of thinking and research on different words, and came up with something that is not displeasing.

Opinions?

"AeternaUltio" (Eternal Vengeance)

Doesn't really roll off the tongue for me. But, if you like it, then it's all good. My personal preferences are names that includes one or more of the following: X, Y, Z. I went with Yazeth b/c 1) it rolls off the tongue, and 2) has a 'Y' and a 'Z' in it.

If you like unique names like those, then go for it. Definitely is epic. :)

Please @(*()$ don't.

If you want a dark brooding background story for your character, go write fan fiction. People who take themselves (and their respective games) way to seriously are only subject to ridicule and isolation. It's your online nick, get something simple and under four syllables. Keep it under 15 letters and keep the lower/upper case differences to one or none.

And writing fanfiction does not make you a "good novelist", especially if you think a vowel change for an original name is a "Good" idea.

Perhaps I can help by explaining the meaning behind my name.

DCypherThis13 is a combination of many things. Cypher is the root of my alias. It is that name of a character from the first Matrix movie. In the end he dies, but he was a double agent playing both ends against the middle. It's kind of what we, as Tenno, do.

The number 13 is there because it's lucky for me. Many of my real world achievements have had something to do with that number. The birth of my daughter tops the list. October, 13th is her birthday.

I added "D" and "This" for a little extra flare. In the end, it rolls off the tongue smoothly and can be shortened to Cypher in a pinch.

Did a lot of thinking and research on different words, and came up with something that is not displeasing.

Opinions?

"AeternaUltio" (Eternal Vengeance)

Ulti means "end".

Eternal means "without end".

So, while I guess yours is a possible interpretation, other, equally possible interpretations are "clueless", and "forever butt".

Also, I'm not /inviting that name to my group, unless my only other option is bounded up with border jibberish.

Name him Tom Marvolo Riddle.

Oops....

In all seriousness. I think orcish names always have a threatening sound to me. Dont know why. Maybe look up some names from the tolkien universe, just for inspiration and you may come up with a name that fits you.

Edited by sp33chle55