Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Whole Ebola Situation Is Getting Me Stressed And Stuff. [Update]

JaysInc

Then we have to do one thing that will work. Lets all give JaysInc a big group hug! :3

Stop hugging people, it's the direct contact that spreads it you know :) 

Only kidding. Hug away ......

What worries me more than Ebola is ISIS ... but thats another story.

@Dragon. sorry, 1 thing you said is wrong. 20% mortality rate is way too low. It is about 90% 

Edited by Veemaxt

What worries me more than Ebola is ISIS ... but thats another story.

Also not really something you should worry about.

Your chances of being hit by lighting are much higher than your chances of being caught in a terrorist attack. Except terrorists are what get hyped on the news, which is why people are so much more afraid of them instead of the dozens of other things they do every day that are all much more likely to kill them.

Just to put it into perspective, Ebola is on par with HIV and AIDS in terms of how hard they are to catch. Just don't touch any contaminated bodily fluids, or have intercourse with an infected individual, and you'd be fine.

I believe in a report, the British minster of the National Health Service in the UK said he would happily sit next to an infected Ebola patient on a train, just because of how hard it is to catch.

The only reason its rampaging in western Africa is because its a part of the world that lacks basic hygiene facilities, and from what ive been hearing from various news outlets, they're uneducated in hygiene as well, because today, 100 British medics from our army have gone over there to combat the virus, and to "encourage" personal hygiene.

Its borderline impossible for it to spread within a developed country with well-developed health systems...and people who have sinks...to...you know...wash their hands?

EDIT: But seriously, go and wash your hands. Otherwise...

sKuQOdK.gif

(Google "Ebola-Chan" if you don't get the meme)

Edited by ArgonTheFox

Contaminated body fluids includes sweat and saliva, and the jury is out on just how long ebola will survive on a surface (studies show anywhere from a couple hours to potentially days). Especially in the US, where an employee is more likely to come into work sick than call out, it could spread very easily initially. A single door knob could be a spreading point after a sweaty hand touches it (the average person touches their face ~3.5x an hour). Two of the nurses who tended to the Dallas patient ended up with Ebola, even with their training and hazmat gear.

EDIT: There is a segment by Glenn Beck that shows just how easily bodily fluids could be spread by someone already showing symptons, nevermind just going about their day.

Edited by Elvang

So today I went to the doctor to see what that feeling I got in my abdomen is? Luckily it was just a stomach bug that was going around and I just so happen to catch it. Also my "irritating eyes" was caused by an allergic reaction to ragweed.

So Im good.

Also not really something you should worry about.

Your chances of being hit by lighting are much higher than your chances of being caught in a terrorist attack. Except terrorists are what get hyped on the news, which is why people are so much more afraid of them instead of the dozens of other things they do every day that are all much more likely to kill them.

I dont mean on a day to day basis. Im quite clear on the fact i am more likely to die riding my motorbike that getting attacked by a terrorist. 

Iwas thinking more globaly and over a longer period of time, ISIS will be around longer than a bout of Ebola ;)