Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Monthly Subscription Option

HiTekRedNek

Nope this SOE model was a major drag in DC and Planetside. I am a definite NO vote on even adding this this option.

It doesnt bother me at all in planetside(2)

There are literally so many thousands of players that are stronger than you and fighting you at the same time that you dont feel it

On top of that there isnt much jump in terms of damage from starting and stronger weapons in my experience ._.

Oh Hek no. Go play TERA if you want that "VIP" crap.

How bout no

I love how people are apparently so against people that wouldn't mind spending money on the game, but they play game ultimately paid for by those people. you ever think about the logic in that?

I think its a very bad idea, so no. No monthly subscriptions with additional benefits.

Why? It hurts the big traders, who support the game internally by gathering lots of platinum and then spending it out (not to other players but essentially removing it from circulation, requiring more to be bought eventually).

And secondly, it will reinforce the idea that WF is pay-to-win, which many people are already unhappy about even though this model doesn't exist in the current game. So a HUGE no from me.

I don't think so, I just think of it as another option to show support to DE and the game.

Believe me you don't know how obnoxious customers can get when they pay a regular fee, it WOULD happen.

I think its a very bad idea, so no. No monthly subscriptions with additional benefits.

Why? It hurts the big traders, who support the game internally by gathering lots of platinum and then spending it out (not to other players but essentially removing it from circulation, requiring more to be bought eventually).

And secondly, it will reinforce the idea that WF is pay-to-win, which many people are already unhappy about even though this model doesn't exist in the current game. So a HUGE no from me.

Believe me you don't know how obnoxious customers can get when they pay a regular fee, it WOULD happen.

As mentioned before, there is nothing in this game that is non-cosmetic that cannot be earned through time and creds. Plat is mainly there to save time, if you don't have it or you are impatient, or you want the "pretty" thing in the game. Point is this would bring more plat into trade anyway, read the refined post idea on the new post https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/325269-refined-optional-subscription-idea-prime-access-monthly/ The Pay to Win argument is null and void in the conversation, not just because of what I just posted, but wrather people like it or not, people spend money on this game, if it wasn't for them then people like you that like to work the trade channel or forum wouldn't have a game to play in the first place, or the plat that you earned.

Edited by HiTekRedNek

As mentioned before, there is nothing in this game that is non-cosmetic that cannot be earned through time and creds. Plat is mainly there to save time, if you don't have it or you are impatient, or you want the "pretty" thing in the game. Point is this would bring more plat into trade anyway, read the refined post idea on the new post https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/325269-refined-optional-subscription-idea-prime-access-monthly/ The Pay to Win argument is null and void in the conversation, not just because of what I just posted, but wrather people like it or not, people spend money on this game, if it wasn't for them then people like you that like to work the trade channel or forum wouldn't have a game to play in the first place, or the plat that you earned.

I understand where you're coming from, but I feel like you don't understand the mentality of the 'pay-to-win' screamers. They would start talking about boosters that VIP people have. They would talk about all manner of things, even if they are just cosmetic. The mentality of 'pay-to-win' screamers does not have anything to do with logic and sense. Presently, you can farm everything in game and you can build weapons by using resources and credits.

This doesn't stop the pay-to-win folks from talking (or screaming as it were) about how those same weapons are available in the market at a price that most players wouldn't even pay for them.

Even if the addition is merely cosmetic, creating a divide is definitely not the way to go for DE and that's an important point that many people need to realise.

I know you want to support the game, but it is not done by creating additional tiers for those who want to pay more and those who cannot pay. This kind of system creates a much more negative effect on the community especially once it comes to introducing friends to the game:

Player: Yeah, it's a cool game.

Friend: Wow, do I get the stuff that you wear?

Player: Uh no, you have to pay a monthly subscription.

Friend: K

-logs off and never comes back-

In fact, many of us already hit this roadblock when they see the platinum items in the market place, it's a very difficult thing to overcome and if you've been on the forums for awhile, I'm sure you've seen a few of those threads that talk about the new player experience and how there already seems to be a gap right from the get-go.