Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet Cats

Nah_NotReally

Eventually, I suggest adding a cat-like neutral enemy, like the feral kubrow, to the game.

I think it'd be interesting if these didn't lay eggs, but instead they'd have live births so their nests would have small versions of them in it (unless you destroy the nest). Destroying the nest may result in you "finding a lost felid" or whatever you end up calling it.

Training them would require you to take them with you on missions until they reach rank 20 with no mods and a high bleed out so it can be annoying to raise but not unbearable. Once they reach level 20, you select them for maturation and they'll become an adult in 24hrs and be at rank 0.

The felidae can be kept in stasis while you use your kubrow and vice versa and they should have slightly, if not completely, different set animations and attack styles.

*pops in thread*

I heard kitties!

And yeah, that'd be great!
They could be swifter and more agile than their huge batdog counterparts.

I guess my only problem with your idea is the mass kitten slaughter that will definitely ensue in the weirdly futile hunt to get ONE kitten. Out of a whole litter.

Seriously whenever I destroy kubrow nests I always use the loudest, quickest AOE skill I have.. so I won't hear their yelping and whining.

fndnsdlgl animal massacre 

If we're really going to do cats then it should walk off and ignore you the whole mission

if you are bleeding out it should sit on your chest and start licking its butthole

I lol'ed so hard I coughed up a hairball.

Cats would be great but would prefer way less in terms of dps, but stealthier. Thinking of like a carrier on four legs, it can hunt rare mods for you and only assists in combat if your shields are down acting like a short duration decoy.

That's what I was thinking: It's own stealth with high speed and direct damage. Roams more than the kubrow but comes to your side when you're damaged causing immediate intimidation to the enemies nearby.

So, if this were to be implemented, do they still lay eggs (meaning we may have to destroy nests), or do we start to do surrogate pregnancy by capturing a female feline, extract sperm from a male feline, get an egg from another female feline, make them create an embryo, then insert it into the captured female feline?

I think the idea has potential. Cat's are totally selfish creatures though so i think they should attack things as they see fit. Like if the fight has you and said cat creature greatly outnumbered the cat will back off and let out a shout (comparable to a hiss) that acts similarly to terrify and once the effect takes place and the enemy disperses the cat comes in and jumps on the closest target and attempts to disembowel it with its hind legs (how they kill irl). give this behavior a reasonable cool down and you have a decent def kitty...doubt it would ever happen but i am down for it.

I'm seeing something like either a tiger or a lion, where you can go with stealthy, like a tiger, or straight up S#&$ ton of damage like a lion. I'd kinda like to see a giant cat just tear the S#&$ out of somebody

That's what I'd expect, though there could be a slender version that'd be the housecat of the 3 types and is more protective though still not as much as the kubrow. It'd likely kill enemies that are close and take a nap when damaged to replenish health when it's out of view of enemies.