Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Thing That Slightly Bugs Me About Being Able To Change Syndicates...

[DE]Momaw

People want to be able to collect ALL of the things that offer any kind of mechanical gameplay advantage/flexibility.  I get that. I'm right there with ya. The problem for me is that being able to change syndicates and milk each one in turn for their rewards feels...artificial.   Inconsequential.  If you see a person wearing the Loka sigil, do they actually believe in the truth of Loka's ideology and supports them from a lore perspective? Or are they just a mercenary without a cause who happens to be employed by Loka on the day I see them? By all means give players the means to get all of the toys, but IMO there needs to be some way of making a stand for a syndicate of your choosing and say "These guys here? Yeah. They're my bros for real.  The others are just my day job."  Some way to define our game identity aside from the amount of Things we have collected. Otherwise it would just feel empty, flitting from one group to another, not caring what they are about, just collecting the loot.  I feel like, as supernatural warriors of an ancient civilization, at least some the causes we fight for should be deeply felt.

I wholeheartedly agree with you there. 

Affiliation is meaningless if anyone can turn their coats at the drop of an hat. I also understand if someone want every mods, but the issue with being a "jack of all syndicates" is that the choice of syndicates gets meaningless.

I'd rather have a faction system that has meanings to players and that matters. 

It's a tough balance act between "meaningful connection" and "accessibility of loot".

I said this the very first time this was mentioned. If you are going to be able to jump around there's little point in all this idea of there being any difference between each and what they offer.

All this is, is another method of giving out rewards. This is, IN FACT, the token system people have been calling for, for a while.

I guess good job for that but when it come to lore and everything else... it's just dressing.

Jumping around syndicates is a possibility for sure, but until we find out just how much it'll cose you (via the sacrifices), most people who aren't veterans probably won't be able to afford constantly jumping between the 6. Chances are, the majority of people will just trade for the mods/gear they want, either with plat or a straight up exchange (my moa for your infested ancient).

As for me, I'll probably jump once or twice just to see the difference between the syndicates then I'll probably stick to one and trade for the rest. I avoid grind where I can :3