Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Idea - Power Amplifier

Davoodoo

Like title says. A gauntlet used as main weapon which allows frames like ember or volt use their 1st power out of energy costs. Using shotgun or maybe sniper ammo instead. It would give these frames ability to actually play like caster, while still not being op.

Even if it isn't 'Frame specific, a gauntlet based energy weapon or "Power Projector" would be absolutely amazing.

Problem is, would the models clash with our melee based fist weapons?

Overall, an amazing idea, if a bit raw.

Let's cook it up people! Bring on the ideas (and possible flaws)!

Currently I can one-shot most enemies with a fully leveled Shock on Volt.

Would this be too good if it was 0 energy cost?

Also, the current casting animations are very stuttery and choppy when used while in motion.

Perhaps the gauntlet could have it's own casting animation? One usable while running and jumping?

maybe instead of a gauntlet, just put an energy pack on the warframe's back and have some tubes or wires connected to its empty hands so it can dish out raw spell damage.

This would be ideal, as it would take the space our Primary would normally occupy.

That said, I still think that this idea is a longshot at best.

We're more likely to get some sort of StarGate-esque hand device that uses energy projectiles.

And by 'more likely' I mean 'It's not going to happen, but it isn't as crazy as the other suggestion'.

I just don't see either of these ideas making it into Warframe.

They don't quite fit with what we already have.

maybe instead of a gauntlet, just put an energy pack on the warframe's back and have some tubes or wires connected to its empty hands so it can dish out raw spell damage.

I wanted to make it use primary weapon slot so ppl wont just fire their powers out of cost between shots.

also 

Also, the current casting animations are very stuttery and choppy when used while in motion.

Perhaps the gauntlet could have it's own casting animation? One usable while running and jumping?

Volt shock dmg is comparable with snipertron shot and it wont oneshot things at later lvls. For balancing purposes i would make terrible rof on gauntlet or need to reload after each shot.

The Idea sounds great, the problem is that it would be highly frame-specific. It would work great with ember and her fireball but I dont see a way how a gauntlet can influence a rhino so that he can charge and charge and charge. Also, the ammo would have to be greatly limited, for example Ashs Shuriken can deal insane amounts of damage if you can aim it(a challenge i know).

All in all a nice idea but difficult to work out

The Idea sounds great, the problem is that it would be highly frame-specific. It would work great with ember and her fireball but I dont see a way how a gauntlet can influence a rhino so that he can charge and charge and charge. Also, the ammo would have to be greatly limited, for example Ashs Shuriken can deal insane amounts of damage if you can aim it(a challenge i know).

All in all a nice idea but difficult to work out

Like i said it will fire shock for volt, fireball for ember, venom for saryn, freeze doesnt sound like a good idea for frost(limited dmg) and ice wave would have too high dmg, psychic bolts for nyx (maybe limited to 1 bolt per bullet). Other frames would just get energy shot instead. But thats my idea.

Like i said it will fire shock for volt, fireball for ember, venom for saryn, freeze doesnt sound like a good idea for frost(limited dmg) and ice wave would have too high dmg, psychic bolts for nyx (maybe limited to 1 bolt per bullet). Other frames would just get energy shot instead. But thats my idea.

Ah I am not sure if that is a good idea like this. A big feature of Warframe is that you can use any weapon on any frame and get the same feeling. Well maybe a Scindo on Mag looks funny, but it works. Now if you give them a weapon, that works different on some frames it will ruin that feel.

Like title says. A gauntlet used as main weapon which allows frames like ember or volt use their 1st power out of energy costs. Using shotgun or maybe sniper ammo instead. It would give these frames ability to actually play like caster, while still not being op.

I like the concept, but not the idea of them using ammo types.  Larger energy pool with a natural energy regeneration, slow like Energy Siphon.

Maybe for subbing all your weapons your energy pool gets larger and your energy regeneration gets a little faster.

shock deals crappy dmg compared to most weapons

Ah I am not sure if that is a good idea like this. A big feature of Warframe is that you can use any weapon on any frame and get the same feeling. Well maybe a Scindo on Mag looks funny, but it works. Now if you give them a weapon, that works different on some frames it will ruin that feel.

I feel like youre complaining that mag cant use shock or fireball. This idea was made to make caster frames use at least some of their powers without "wasted energy" feeling.