Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Staus Only Mods Are Mostly A Drain, Demand For Buff

perfectStranger

When i want to build a weapon for status i never use the status only mods, because their contribution is oo low to be unrelevant to the build and yet taking away a slot, so i end up just not using them and using insteads the all the 4 event's elemental double damage/status mods with +60% damage/+60% status

The underpowered mods are
Rifle Aptitude +12.5% max
Shotgun Savvy +30% max

Sure Shot +15% max

Melee Prowess +15% max

Enduring Strike +60%max/-40% Channel Efficiency

I suggest buffing status only mods to be more relevant than event's set mods, thus bringing the status bonus to at least +75-90% chance.

Similarly Hammer Shot mod should be brought up to par with the event's mod to at least +60% status chance.

WHY?
I know adding all 4 the event's mods can help you reach good overal status chances, but in my experience and from i read seaching through the forums it seems that whenever a status effect procs it could be ANY of the damage type involved.
This means that adding damage types reduce the chance of getting the desired status proc effect, because those are spread between all the possible ones, elemental and (these seeem to happens even more likely) physical ones, and thus reducing the efficiency of a build for selected enmies type.

eg in void you want corrosive procs, but even with a marelock modded for 100% proc chance, you end up with many slash/punture/impact procs and less the elemental procs (corrosive/blast), then those precious corrosive procs would be at best only 1/5th of the procs, reducing the effective status chance for corrosive back down to 20%

Conclusion:

So we would need less diversity in type of procs and more pure status proc chance, to selectively add only the damage type we need for the build, and thus making the slot spent for the status only mod valuable again.

Edited by perfectStranger

i dont think that take too much time to just change 15 to 60 . just a minute

A lot things work this way and still they do not happen. Continuous Weapons are still broken, yet sometime in the past they worked. This is a even greater mystery. Or buffs/nerfs (aka fixes/ adjustments) which are bound to be noticed but done "stealth": they could just tell us. Anyway this is off topic. 

I think it would be nice if they put something like "+X Status & +X Damage" in the game. This way you could choose if you take (all) status-elements or not with you. Plus you would be better off as with status (or all status-elements) only. 

Why leave the other mods at 12,5/15/30? Because this way there is something to improve and you need more time to max your build/ play style (just the same as the "broken" mods which are nothing more as your first step getting max equipment). 

Sorry for my bad English. 

El Psy Congroo,

WSkD

A lot things work this way and still they do not happen. Continuous Weapons are still broken, yet sometime in the past they worked. This is a even greater mystery. Or buffs/nerfs (aka fixes/ adjustments) which are bound to be noticed but done "stealth": they could just tell us. Anyway this is off topic. 

I think it would be nice if they put something like "+X Status & +X Damage" in the game. This way you could choose if you take (all) status-elements or not with you. Plus you would be better off as with status (or all status-elements) only. 

Why leave the other mods at 12,5/15/30? Because this way there is something to improve and you need more time to max your build/ play style (just the same as the "broken" mods which are nothing more as your first step getting max equipment). 

Sorry for my bad English. 

El Psy Congroo,

WSkD

We have too many damage mods already, and we have already all the four elemental damage+status mods from the events.

Sincerely if  i don't care if they make status mods into 10 rank mods, so as you say we have something to work on,as far they are viable and not just junk.

What would be nice is actually if the devs added precomposed elemental damage mods (viral,corrosive,magnetic,blast,gas,radiation), but continuing in this direction the discussion would end derailing from the topic.

Hammer Shot needs no buff, given that it's status chance and critical damage.

Hammer Shot is very weak, it doean't matter how we hoped for it because it looked good or how strong in you are demagoguery, rhetoric or even type formatting, Hammer Shot in the best cases is still worth about a pure elemental damage mod maxed, but more often, much more less.

Take 2 outsanding examples as Synapse (max crit% and good crit dmg mult) and Soma (good crit% and max crit dmg mult), max them for damage, multishot, crit chance and crit damage, add some damage in the the slots left and leave a slot for Hammer Shot.

If use that last slot for a maxed pure elemental damage mod the dps will be higher, and yet being the build optimized for dps, the status chance bonus will be negligible.

Synapse

/w last slot empty -> http://goo.gl/Iw97Ub

w/ hammer shot -> 8899.68 sustained dps

w/ elemental mod -> 10128.93 sustained dps

Soma

/w last slot empty -> http://goo.gl/sbRGve

w/ hammer shot -> 8811.28 sustained dps

w/ elemental mod -> 10241.14 sustained dps

Now the situation changes only marginally better if you have Serration, multishot, point strike, vital sense + 3 elemental mods (http://goo.gl/xojGTT) ... then adding Hammer Shot would be some hundreds of dps better than adding a 4th elemental mod.

Yet, adding Heavy Caliber instead is still way better than adding Hammer Shot.

And even when it could be slighty better than an elemental mod, this happens only in crit weapons, which are not good in status, as status weapons are not generally good in critical, thus making the mod quite useless.

So Hammer Shot in my eyes looks underwhelming both in critical damage both in status chance and is not only my eyes, demagoguery, rhetoric or type formatting...but in FACTS.

Edited by perfectStranger

Hammer Shot needs no buff, given that it's status chance and critical damage.

It's because of Vital Sense that Hammer Shot is pretty much never worth it, even on a weapon that always crits.  Event mods will give, at worst, the same damage boost on crits, much better damage on non crits, and more status chance.