Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Eliminate Formas On Abilities, Just Replace Them Please.

Majin_G

There is no Warframe that comes with 6 unpolarized slots.  Every Warframe has polarities in some of the center slots already, leaving them not blank, reducing the number of forma needed to get a polarity in every slot.

Loki Prime is perhaps the biggest outlier to your assumption, coming with 4 polarities in the center slots.  With him it would only take 2 forma to run out of "empty" slots, not 6+.

No, I was providing one scenario in which the proposed fix would not fix things.

The stated solution assumes things that can very well not be true, and is thus not an acceptable solution because there's still players that would lose on forma and/or time leveling.

Ok, I was about to say, that was some extreme case right there, and I feel sad if you've actually done that to yourself.

But we don't lose forma, they're refunding us that at least, even when they don't have to. We lose out time on the leveling of our frames, yes, but we gain more than we lose with this new update.

Legendary formas required.

I spent hundreds of hours leveling warframe after warframe through formas. Every single forma slot on the warframes needs to be removed and changed into a legendary forma that allows me to replace them without lvling.

Some of my frames have five formas. How can i slot the correct polarity when it will create negative points.

You are going to completely butcher my warframes and leave them unusable.

Case in point. The mess you left me with after you made changes to embers abilities and I had to rework a new build based on forma slots creating negative points.

230410_2014_10_21_00001.jpg

Edited by Blowfist

Do you know how forma work?  They unrank the thing you use them on.

So the user will get a forma back, but they will not get their 30 ranks (per forma) back, including affinity boosters and such they may have bought to speed up the process.

Imbeciles shall never understand...

I spent hundreds of hours leveling warframe after warframe through formas. Every single forma slot on the warframes needs to be removed and changed into a legendary forma that allows me to replace them without lvling.

Some of my frames have five formas. How can i slot the correct polarity when it will create negative points.

You are going to completely butcher my warframes and leave them unusable.

Except that you won't lose those hundreds of hours you've spent on polarizing your frame since only a maximum of 2 forma'ed slots will be reverted. With that case, you'll only lose partial amount out of those hundreds amounts of hours invested.

To state that your warframe is going to be an 'unusable' is overreacting at best. You'll still have polarized slots, the warframe's still viable and still usable.

In all seriousness though. Just a little sacrifice (2 forma refunded) for more newer content (archwings, sigils, syndicates, new warframe, etc). Can't just people accept that?

Except that you won't lose those hundreds of hours you've spent on polarizing your frame since only a maximum of 2 forma'ed slots will be reverted. With that case, you'll only lose partial amount out of those hundreds amounts of hours invested.

To state that your warframe is going to be an 'unusable' is overreacting at best. You'll still have polarized slots, the warframe's still viable and still usable.

In all seriousness though. Just a little sacrifice (2 forma refunded) for more newer content (archwings, sigils, syndicates, new warframe, etc). Can't just people accept that?

How can people be this dense. I choose the two ability slots to fit a certain polarity. This means that when I place them elsewhere it may end up in the wrong polarity slots creating negative points.

NEGATIVE POINTS FOR LVLING

I am being punished along with thousands of other players for helping support the game.

How can people be this dense. I choose the two ability slots to fit a certain polarity. This means that when I place them elsewhere it may end up in the wrong polarity slots creating negative points.

I am being punished along with thousands of other players for helping support the game.

Whoa, dude, calm down. They're removing the slots with the ability polarities, so yeah, at max you're losing two formas. and even then, DE has the good grace of giving us back those two formas.

There is literally no way you're going to get negative points for leveling, that isn't even possible in the current system.

No one is punishing you, its in the terms of service that DE has the right to change things up and improve systems.

Your WarFrames aren't unusable, you're exchanging two slots, not the entire mod slot list. There isn't a need for legendary forma, you have the two forma back as it is.

Hmm... those who lose a polarized ability slot due to the U15 Changes should receive some way to re-polarize without resetting rank? Seems fair to me. They already spent time trying re-level the frame the first time, they shouldn't be forced to simply redo that again. (It's a pain in the &#! especially for Warframes)  As long as the forma isn't tradable so that there is no nonsense like the legendary fusion cores again everything should be fine. Min-Maxers get to redistribute polarities they already earned where they see fit after the update, and DE continues to improve their image for not simply blowing off the minority of its community. Makes em stand out from other developers like perfect world.

People, we don't know how polarities/slots will be removed. I am nearly sute that it will not be just "cut off right two slots". That would break lots and lots of builds and infuriate all CAPS LOCKERS.

I think it will be the way as Corvid user suggested, I quote: "People don't seem to grasp that the slots removed will prioritise ones with ability icons and blanks. At most, you'd be losing 60 ranks per frame, and even then, it would only be for those who've polarised the same frame more than eight times. Said people are a tiny minority of min-maxers, who DE should not balance the game around anyway."

So, taking a picture below, slots that will be removed:

1) First with ability polarity: with mod World of fire

2) No ability left, blank then: with mod Flow.

That's it. No formaed polarity was affected.

The only way they will take away your forma and time would be when you formaed more than 8 slots (assuming the algorithm above, which at this time is not announced and we have not a slightest clue how they do that).

So, please, calm down and let's wait for further info. I am sure DE will want to avoid "Legendary forma" as fire.

[sNIP]

230410_2014_10_21_00001.jpg

Why don't you all wait and see?

With abilities removed so will their mod cost. New mods with unknown polarities are being added too. The way most builds are formed might change, might have more diversity in them. Unpolarized slots might be an advantage too. It's a bit premature to assume you will ALL have to reforma and regrind everything the way it was. Considering it will not be the same at all after the update. You are acting like we only get slots removed here, ignoring everything else that is added to change the game.

To be fair, I could be wrong, but it still serves nothing to speculate on this just yet. Maybe we could wait until the patch is released for a day and we had time to see the new mods and how they synergize with current builds and how much they cost. You might end up wanting to forma for an entirely new polarity than you had before - if that's the case I believe releving the Warframe for a new polarity is only fair.

Only real good suggestion I've seen that does make sense is the option to move your polarities off the affected slots before they are removed. They could add a new simple UI to make the change when you pick your Warframe for the first time after the update. However, any kind of legendary forma or other bonuses is absurd.

Edited by Theodorick

Ok, I was about to say, that was some extreme case right there, and I feel sad if you've actually done that to yourself.

Yeah you did jump to a hell of a conclusion there. :P  I actually have not forma'd a single ability slot on any of my frames, so the refund doesn't even affect me.  I'm just concerned about what it will do to players and their frames in general.

But we don't lose forma, they're refunding us that at least, even when they don't have to. We lose out time on the leveling of our frames, yes, but we gain more than we lose with this new update.

Depends on the build.  2-abilitiy frames come out even on slots, 3 and 4 profit on slots, but 1 and 0-ability builds lose out on slots.

Though the energy gain from not having to pay to slot the abilites will be very welcome for me.