Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Hate Pvp?

Nah_NotReally

I don't hate PVP per se. 

But i hate the host deliberately leaving when things aren't going his way.

All those affect the fun of DS conflicts since the damn migrations will drop you out eventually..

I had a DS conflict that had 4 migrations in 1 match and I DCed on the 4th migration.

Pretty much every migration makes things a waste of time, so DE needs to make Dark Sector PVP server side.

Edited by fatpig84

The unofficial "rules" in PVP... OMG I hate that stuff.

I remember RDR PVP. I played hardcore because I like aiming for myself, but then I met "normal" mode players which uses auto-aim. In a PVP shooter auto-aim is essentially the same as warframe's powers and mods. They had a whole set of rules. Can't use pistols/revolvers/rifles that fire fast or are powerful. No shotguns. No taking cover. No doing anything that disengages the auto lock. No deadeye. When you boil it down - no playing the game the way it was made to be played... If warframe's PVP needs a bunch of unofficial rules agreed upon to be played it's poorly designed.

I'm not that into destiny PVP, but at least they attempted to compensate for leveling/powers/etc, and there's variety without pretense. In dark sectors you unlock your mods so that's DE's attempt at addressing that, but it's so stale and the insincere significance of the charade is so blatant it's ridiculous. Dueling is a fail because you have to iron it out amongst people, and people don't always know/agree on these unofficial rules.

Meh.

Personally my issue is just with the crossover in Dark Sectors. I play for the PvE aspect, I have no interest in PvP but I don't mind it being there as long as both sides of the coin are in different corners. Conclave doesn't bother me, I actually sometimes go there to mess about doing minigames with a few friends.

The problem comes in that Dark Sectors directly locked many of the PvE focused players out of the main community decision based aspect of the game currently, that being the Dark Sector Conflicts. Some players put up with it a bit while many have tried the PvP and decided not to go anywhere near it.

I'm fine with PvP being balanced out and providing a nice PvP mode for the PvP players (the bad eggs are going to be a concern in any game with pvp, just something to accept) but I really don't think crossing the two types of gameplay over is a good idea.

And just for reference, I do play some PvP games, I used to play the heck out of the unreal tournament games for example (and will do again when UT4 releases since theyre going back to 2004/99 style rather than UT3), but I prefer PvE, especially as its a more relaxing way to play for many people.

Edited by Jag272

Not to mention it pretty well DESTROYED the lore we had that Tenno were LOYAL only to one another, but hey... who cares about that when you can kill each other, right?

Ehh, this can be easily justified by saying that they're practicing/honing their skills with one another. 

Ehh, this can be easily justified by saying that they're practicing/honing their skills with one another. 

Personally I don't find this one to apply to Dark Sectors since theyre actually fighting over territory and the setup just isnt there for it to be practice, it feels completely different. That is however how I treat conclave, duels between tenno to practice and hone their skills in that way.

Unfortunately my go-to solution for Dark Sector conflicts, picking a spectre only option, doesnt really fair any better lore wise. Unless we count it as the alliances setting challenges for each other to test their skills and handing over the sector if they feel the other alliance is worthy perhaps.

Edited by Jag272

I don't like PVP because of how unbalanced it is. if I want to do good, I can bring my Penta, Soma, Boltor P, Acrid, Ichors set for toxin, DNikana, Jetkitty, or Boar P, have a low enough conclave to run under 1k, and grab valkyr and destroy pretty much anything I want in a single hit, MAYBE two if they have iron skin active.

if weapons had a normalised DPS and frames had a normalised SP/HP/Speed value then I would play it.but until then I wont find it fun.

Edited by VYR3

PvP is in a sorry state currently in Warframe. 

The bluntest, shortest way to describe is that it is horribly imbalanced. 

There are too many one-hit killing indefensible skills, and if a team builds up a lead, they are unstoppable, which ruins the fun. 

The strategy part in Dark Sector invasions does not work too. Until ways to break the cartel come around to make them fun again, PvP will be a little playground for a small portion of the player base. 

I also think that the endgame for Warframe, the best place for player retainment, lies squarely in PvP. But as is, it's just not fun; in this sense, PvP is totally broken. 

We need Dark Sectors 2.0 asap. 

I dont know, i don't hate PVP, I don't like it either.

You see.. there are many skills that are overpowered just like the others said.

Nova's special, Ash's special, etc.

Whats weird with me : PVP without powers might be the right thing to do, but it will make it somehow boring. maybe just nerf those overpowered skills while pvping? 

Edited by RzRzRz