Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Update: Even Less Rng!

Tesseract_The_Pariah

In reference to my past thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/304226-has-anyone-noticed-how-de-is-slowly-getting-rid-of-rng-in-many-areas/

The new frame they're adding will have 0 RNG involved.  Archwing will have 0 RNG involved.  Syndicates will have 0 RNG involved.

Thank the gods for quests, and thank you DE.

Edited by Gaminus

Ehhhh, don't get your hopes up too soon. The quests will probably require resources, and I'm  no Design Council member, but I'll believe less RNG when I see it.

I'd imagine the worst thing would be Argon -- and that's not necessarily hard to get.  The worst thing is Prime Parts, and the Prime Token vendor will alleviate that.

Don't count your eggs before they hatch.

If DE can poison something like Melee 2.0 with RNG, they can poison anything with RNG.

They didn't necessarily poison it with RNG, per se.  They made it so that new players coming into the game would naturally acquire the mods and have something to look for and trade for.  They were futureproofing, while making the mistake of shortsightedness.

Won't you be required to offer stuff to the Syndicate that you joined, though? There may be less RNG involvement in future updates, but it'll still be here regardless.

Yeah, but I'm speaking of acquiring rewards.  We don't know the nature of things you have to sacrifice. Could be good, could be bad.

Edited by Gaminus

Ehhhh, don't get your hopes up too soon. The quests will probably require resources, and I'm  no Design Council member, but I'll believe less RNG when I see it.

I'm a Design Council member, and I'll believe less RNG when I see it too :P

Sorry for being a noob, but whats RNG?

Think of it as a deck of cards. You have a chance of getting a 5, or a 3, or an ace, etc... But there is always the possibility a card can be taken out, giving you a lower probability of drawing it.

Edited by NoggDog117

In reference to my past thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/304226-has-anyone-noticed-how-de-is-slowly-getting-rid-of-rng-in-many-areas/

The new frame they're adding will have 0 RNG involved.  Archwing will have 0 RNG involved.  Syndicates will have 0 RNG involved.

Thank the gods for quests, and thank you DE.

Implyingairquotes.png

Don't assume stuff before it happens.

They didn't necessarily poison it with RNG, per se.  They made it so that new players coming into the game would naturally acquire the mods and have something to look for and trade for.  They were futureproofing, while making the mistake of shortsightedness.

What the heck does does the Update 14 new player mod system have to do with the most of the time insanely low drop rates of the stances that melee 2.0 was based around?

EDIT: Or you are talking about Melee 2.0 and are saying that New players will have something to look forward to in the stances that they aren't told anything about.

Edited by Flamingfighter

EDIT: Or you are talking about Melee 2.0 and are saying that New players will have something to look forward to in the stances that they aren't told anything about.

You forgot to mention that the mods that they used to hype meele 2.0 not only have a terrible drop rate, but they spawn on enemies that almost never spawn.

You forgot to mention that the mods that they used to hype meele 2.0 not only have a terrible drop rate, but they spawn on enemies that almost never spawn.

this.

getting your hopes up when you see an Eximus glow, only to turn the corner and it be some prick weilding a Flux Rifle, shooting you in the face. finish mission and not one seen. RNGesus works like real Jesus, as in BS.

um actually you can take an accurate guess of what the reward is of a void mission based off it's difficulty

Forma BPs can come from any void mission, the entire void drop table is fairly diluted at the moment; each mission has specific rewards but there's quite a few rewards on each reward slot.  It's a little hard to explain exactly, I suggest taking a look at the void drop tables on the wiki for a better perspective.