Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Anyone Noticed How De Is Slowly Getting Rid Of Rng In Many Areas?

Tesseract_The_Pariah

First thing I remember is when you get a guaranteed warframe part drop from a boss - at the end of the mission instead of being a physical drop, at that.  That change was MORE than welcome.

Next up is when they made it so you can't get duplicate warframe parts that you don't already have.

Third thing I remember is when they made the quest for Mirage.  0% RNG involved in that, you get a part a mission after answering a riddle.

Latest thing is Cryotic.  Absolutely NO RNG involved, you get a set amount per extractor. 

Just goes to show that despite popular belief, DE does give a S#&$. 

There are probably areas I missed-- anyone else know of other cases like this?

Yeah I noticed. Still, people keep focusing on the bad part because... well, people.

Makes me want to slap a $#*(@.

Wow, My foul mouth nowadays.  But really, I wish people would just relax and enjoy Warframe.  If they're bored of it they can play other games until new content is patched in.  Not much else to it, really.

Edited by Gaminus

tell that to my 13 in a row nyx chasis 

and 21 phorid kills to get 3 different parts

oh and 11 seeker barrels in a row from vor and aprox 30+ kills to get chronus bp

still dont have miter bp even tho i killed the boss over 20 times 4 sure 

Edited by Vaikiss

I surely hope they continue this trend since Mirage's quest was actually fun in my opinion, despite being the exact same thing I've done thousands of times. And since you actually got what you came for, that sense of accomplishment was satisfying, while not buried under a pile of excremental RNG that loves to hate us. For the Cryotic, I also liked that you know what you're getting, but that for every successful dig the game got a little tougher. So yeah, I'd say these two are good examples of things that doesn't rely on RNG.

Next up is when they made it so you can't get duplicate warframe parts that you don't already have.

i assume what your trying to say is that you wont get 3 x chassis in 3 runs? (if not just ignore me)

when did they change that? must have been in the last few hours since i judt did 3 jackal runs and got 3 x chassis

Pretty sure they never did this, as you can still get the same part multiple times in a row. Can you provide a source to where someone from DE said that you can't get duplicate warframe parts anymore?

You know guys, the RNG in the game is not just a RNG. 

It's a BIASED RNG. 

It has 2 different levels of bias:

BIAS 1: not all loot has equal chance of dropping. There is common loot, uncommon loot and rare loot. Currently DE locked down the tables and we cannot get the exact base rates for each item. 

BIAS 2: time window. If you repeatedly play a mission, you will notice that you will hit long streaks with a high probability of getting the same item over and over. It's all too common. I've had Forma streaks on the Void. Magnum Force streaks on Vaults. Orokin cells/ no orokin cells on Sargas Ruk. Neural sensors/ no neural sensors on Alad V. 

There are times where the game is more likely to drop you a specific item from the drop table, even if it's rare. It is the least understood part of the RNG, but it's there an you can notice it over time. 

i assume what your trying to say is that you wont get 3 x chassis in 3 runs? (if not just ignore me)

when did they change that? must have been in the last few hours since i judt did 3 jackal runs and got 3 x chassis

i did like 10 war runs for galium today morning  prettysure i got like 6 helmets in a row first  so noway u dont get duplicates 

also rng is $&*&*#(%& it would be so much better if u actually had to kill the same boss for 10 times and then u can claim ur 3 different warframe parts instead of relying on luck to get them based on rng 

same with rare mods /etc   i got some of the mods 20++++ each of rare ones and yet i still lack some common stances and so 

Edited by Vaikiss

tell that to my 13 in a row nyx chasis 

and 21 phorid kills to get 3 different parts

Were you running with randome? Or solo?

If it's with randoms, the part drop at the end is the same for everyone, so chances are whoever was hosting didn't have the part which dropped at the end.

Once tried to get a Rhino chassis for a friend who just started the game. He'd gotten the systems and helmet before we joined him. "Lucky you," we'd thought, thinking the chassis would soon follow since it's the most common. 

We spent the next eternity collecting no fewer than 5 system BPs and 4 helmet BPs before finally getting one for the chassis.

EDIT: Our teamspeak was full of groans and incredulous laughter as the situation became increasingly silly.

Edited by arKRazor

First thing I remember is when you get a guaranteed warframe part drop from a boss - at the end of the mission instead of being a physical drop, at that. That change was MORE than welcome.

Third thing I remember is when they made the quest for Mirage.  0% RNG involved in that, you get a part a mission after answering a riddle.

Latest thing is Cryotic. Absolutely NO RNG involved, you get a set amount per extractor.

Just goes to show that despite popular belief, DE does give a S#&$

There are probably areas I missed-- anyone else know of other cases like this?

RPG is coming. If the majority of the community wants Warframe to have more rpg-quests like or mmorpg, then you can fairly expect that's where it heading. Edited by ndantony

you get a set amount per extractor.

not true

Actually, it is true, provided that the excavator isn't destroyed. There's variance based on which node you played, but every completed excavator gave the same amount on that node (100 on earth, 200 on Phobos, 300 on Europa), with no RNG determining the amount.