Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afuris And Friends Seriously Need An Ammo Capacity Buff

Zorex

When it takes literally a couple of seconds to burn through a magazine, 210 spare ammo just isn't good enough. With the ammo capacity improvements that have happened to primaries, it's about time these pistols get a buff.

*glares at Wraith Twin Vipers and Dex Furis* Yup yes please. I may be able to force myself to use machine pistols if they actually have enough ammo mid way through the mission. Also they need more than 20 ammo per pickup.

*glares at Wraith Twin Vipers and Dex Furis* Yup yes please. I may be able to force myself to use machine pistols if they actually have enough ammo mid way through the mission. Also they need more than 20 ammo per pickup.

The latter is basically a universal problem with all guns that either spend tons of ammo very fast, or have a huge ammo pool. For example, good luck filling up a Glaxion from ammo drops...

I was running a forma'd DexFuris with burst fire and with Ammo Mut.  I was running our way too quickly and by the time they need more than a fourth of the magazine I would notice I was already at 25-45 ammo left......I feel depending on the magazine size they should have a larger Ammo Pool.....though 540 for a pistol might be too much (Dex with 100 ammo mag)

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

For ammo 2.0, guns need to be further refined first for sure.

For Primaries

Assault Rifles = Braton. boltor, soma etc.

Max reserve ammo = 540

Battle rifles = Latron, Sybaris, Grinlok etc

Max reserve ammo = 300 (suggested)

SMG = currently only Grakata.

Max reserve ammo = 720 (suggested)

Sniper rifles = Vectis,Vulkar etc.

Max reserve ammo = 108 (suggested)

Bows types = Dread, Miter etc AND Attica. Yes Attica should be here but it needs a big buff first (and innately silent).

Max reserve ammo = 108 (suggested)

Launchers = penta, torid, ogris obviously.

Max reserve ammo = 50 (suggested)

Draws for sniper ammo or we can rename sniper ammo into "special ammo".

Heavy guns = Gorgon, flux, ignis, supra, synapse, amprex etc

Max reserve ammo = 720 (suggested)

Reason ? Cos they burn out ammo too quickly XD

Shotguns

Most of them seems fine

But I will tweak auto shotguns ammo a little

Shotguns standard 

Max reserve ammo = 120

Shotguns fully automatic (currently only boar and boar Prime)

Max reserve ammo = 150

Then for secondaries.

Pistols = Lato, AKlato. Sicarus, bolto, gremlins etc

Max reserve ammo = 300 (suggested)

Heavy Pistols = Lex, Marelok, tysis, ballastica etcc

Max reserve ammo = 150 (suggested)

Handcannons = Brakk, Detron, Angstrum etc

Max reserve ammo = 120 (suggested)

Machine pistols = twin vipers, furis, Akzanis, embolist etc

Max reserve ammo = 450 (suggested)

Once that is done, DE can base ammo picks ups accordingly to weapon types, so we won't have issues like your Wraith Twin vipers only get 20 per pick up, while you shoot 25 rounds a second.

Shamelessly quoting myself again.

I kinda want to be a jerk and just say ammo mut and pistol scavenger.

Then I realize I love my TWvipers and want more use for them.

So +1

Shamelessly quoting myself again.

I disagree with Attica having the same amount of ammo as the rest of the bows, but that's opinion.

What is a fact, however, is that there is another full auto shotgun, the Sobek.

Edited by Warriorrogue

Being a newbie on Jupiter.

I did try to use a 'newbie' build on a Furis (I have not tried MK-1 Furis) yet, and I have not approached any ammo problems up until maybe around the end of Mars/start of Saturn(?). 

Then again, I am constantly taking my time to aim for the head/weakspots, so there is that. 

I kinda want to be a jerk and just say ammo mut and pistol scavenger.

Then I realize I love my TWvipers and want more use for them.

So +1

I disagree with Attica having the same amount of ammo as the rest of the bows, but that's opinion.

What is a fact, however, is that there is another full auto shotgun, the Sobek.

Sobek has like half the ROF of a boar prime or boar.

It doesn't eat ammo like sweets like them :p

What I find hillarious is that ammo restores that are supposed to cover for this weakness are actually worthless when used for weapons that need them most and are actually very efficient when used for weapons that don't need them at all.

The old ammo boxes would instantly refill 210-399 ammo for any secondary for measly 1k credits which seems like a fair price while the team garbage restores only refill fixed 180 ammo in the span of 20 (30?) seconds for 900 credits and you have to pretty much stand completely still while your team mates are getting further and further and having a blast (hehe) killing S#&$.

Sigh... I wish I took advantage of that time when infested Xini had a fairly high chance to give 200 rifle ammo boxes as a wave 5 reward...

Edited by WhisperByte

Would be nice if pistol ammo mutation actually worked when you don't have the pistol equipped.  That alone would be enough for me.  It really defeats the purpose the way it is now.  

That and boost weapon swapping speed please.  It would make our secondary weapon choice feel more meaningful, allowing for more potential synergy between our weapons, more thoughtfulness applied to our loadouts, and an increase in skill-based gameplay.  Right now it usually feels like you're carrying a second primary weapon just for the fun of it, because of how slow it is to switch between them.

Low max ammo capacity wouldn't be an issue if that weren't true.

Edited by SleepingSentry