Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion On Forging Prime Weapons/items

Doommarine654

now ive been seeing on the forums for a very long time since prime stuff has been coming out that people want them either harder to find or mastery rank locked. both are well deserving ideas but id like to propose another idea.

how about when crafting a prime weapon (or frame keep in mind) that it requires the regular version of the item.

so say like you want to craft a paris prime. okay. well you are going to need to sacrifice your regular paris to craft it. it must be rank 30 as well meaning that you have trained with the weapon (speaking metaphorically here) and that you are now able to wield the prime equipment.

of course there are weapons that are excluded from this like the dakra and the reaper prime of course, but in a sense it would make it so that players would have an extra layer of work to do to get said prime item and would have to spend that work to make the item they wish to make rewarding them with the powerful weapon.

this requires no mastery rank wall lock. or making it extremely hard to find. and in a sense this gives a depth to the prime items as im sure that even though the parts pretty much make up the weapon as a whole the regular version could in lore aspect be used to help in crafting the prime item in question.

this is just my thoughts on the whole prime thing and lore wise while time consuming makes the most sense.

Lore-wise, why would you require a low-quality replica to reforge the parts of the original Orokin-craft weapon?

(A question often asked)

Because the Prime technology is complex beyond current understanding, so a replica must be used to assemble it, replacing one part at a time, until the Prime is all that is left.

(This is an actual method of assembling things)

ether reaper is a base weapon that you can use for the reaper prime

and the skana can be upgraded into the dakra.

ftfy. ;)

good idea.

Um... Dakra Prime = Cronus Prime

Haters gonna hate, but the base weapon should be the right one...

Edited by Kthal

I kinda like this idea. Makes it seem less like we're finding complete weapons and more like we're reforging our current ones from parts. It also means that Prime Weapons get mastery locked to whatever the base weapon is.

I might suggest making forma required to build things this way although that would make Prime weapons a lot harder to build. If not that then at least making the Prime bp have a mastery requirement one rank higher than the base weapon.

-snip-

Um... Dakra Prime = Cronus Prime

Haters gonna hate, but the base weapon should be the right one...

doesn't really matter much to me. skana or cronus. they're both single swords similar to the dakra.

I kinda like this idea. Makes it seem less like we're finding complete weapons and more like we're reforging our current ones from parts. It also means that Prime Weapons get mastery locked to whatever the base weapon is.

I might suggest making forma required to build things this way although that would make Prime weapons a lot harder to build. If not that then at least making the Prime bp have a mastery requirement one rank higher than the base weapon.

you could just as easily remove the o.cell requirements and replace it with argon crystals. 

Back when Primes first came out this idea was suggested.. so just be aware some people may flak you with the fact that it has been brought up before and i believe it has been resolved but i usually lurk on the forums so i cant point you in the right direction

Edited by Merk890

This is a good idea. It would also stop the people from buying the primes with platinum. I know a lot of people that use really money and buy the primes. I think the game shouldnt be all about how deep your pockets are but how much you like the game. Forcing them to use the non-prime weapon to get the prime weapon would fix that and be a great idea.

this was really a rough sketch idea i had while i was at work. but it is also something i have deeply talked about with good friends of mine on this subject and they have agreed with me and enjoyed the idea.

ive also never really liked the idea of just leveling a weapon and tossing it so it would mean that some weapons you are just never ganna use again can be actually useful for something other then just mastery rank and being jettisoned out of your ship.

ive also view primed weapons as an extreme upgrade to a weapon that we can readily reproduce and you are finding the technology to modify the weapon to become more or restore old tech.

if other people have had this idea GREAT!

as for spending money to get things fast? who cares. yeah we have a rough design of pvp now but it doesnt mean anything to me because i dont play pvp and im guilty of buying stuff my self only because i had a lack of patience.

as for using old tech and messing it with superior tech. think of it this way. the weapons are based on the old tech made better so whats to say that there arnt lingering pieces that it would need? its like the machining world. sure you can have a high tech CnC lathe but it still using that same gyro that was made 10 years ago because that gyro was just that good and couldnt be replaced. whats to say you cant have the same thing with weapons?

again this was just an idea to share with the community, i normally have a lot of ideas. some are hits some are misses but i like sharing because you never know what may happen. ive actually had a couple instances now where my it give ideas for the devs to work with. for those who play marvel heroes look at the way iron man functions. i have a forum post save that actually has ideas made a few years before iron man started to work like the way he does now.

so imma try to put my ideas out there and see if they hit the dart board or i miss completely.