Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grakata Buff

Aciszen

Interesting enough after seeing what DE-Steve said, i placed the crit mods on the grakata and felt no diference, even though my grakata had a 150% crit chance mod ( wich is weird, the number might be bugged, i mean, that number means that out of 10 shots i would crit on 15 xD ) and a 40% crit damage buff, i was rarely doing more then 9 damage to grineers in a headshot, i was getting a crit per mag, allmost felt like a 1.5% crit chance, not 150% ... not sure if the crit mods are bugged or the grakata itself. I just wanted the grakata to be better, it won me over on all the aesthetics of it ,but it is outclassed by allmost every weapon in the game

Interesting enough after seeing what DE-Steve said, i placed the crit mods on the grakata and felt no diference, even though my grakata had a 150% crit chance mod ( wich is weird, the number might be bugged, i mean, that number means that out of 10 shots i would crit on 15 xD ) and a 40% crit damage buff, i was rarely doing more then 9 damage to grineers in a headshot, i was getting a crit per mag, allmost felt like a 1.5% crit chance, not 150% ... not sure if the crit mods are bugged or the grakata itself. I just wanted the grakata to be better, it won me over on all the aesthetics of it ,but it is outclassed by allmost every weapon in the game

In the chat after the stream he said there might be a base crit buff. I tested crit mods myself and saw a good increase in crit hits, but nothing to turn the tides, yet.

Edited by Dredj

No it means it modifies your base crit rate by 150%. If base crit is 10% that mod would bump it up to 25. I was arguing the gun would be fine if it had a high base crit chance, but it doesn't.

I tried DE Steve's suggestion as well, and I didn't see any notable difference. The Grakata's base crit doesn't even seem high enough for a maxed crit chance mod to make a difference. I'm pretty sure a SINGLE 90% damage mod from freeze or fire gives higher, more consistent dps than both maxed crit chance and damage mods.

Yeah the first thing i do with all my high fire rate weapons is put some crit chance cause of the amount of bullets they throw out should guarantee some regular yellow.  With the Grakata i maxed my crit chance mod asap and i dont see those yellow numbers pop up that much at all. I am about to go for some serration now.

Judging by how confident Steve was when he said "hey, maybe you should try add crit mods *wink wink*", 

perhaps this weapon was meant to have a high base crit rate in the first place and it just bugged (or wasn't saved)

Hopefully some information about the base crit is released, because with a maxed crit chance mod I'm also seeing very few criticals. Even with specializing in critical chance, critical damage and only in the weakness element of the enemies I'm facing, the crits don't pop up enough to justify not having the additional elemental guaranteed damage applied.

In comparison, I run my Viper specializing in crit, and it has a base crit of 15%. I see yellow numbers all the time.

I don't want this gun buffed. No, I want to just swap this version of the gun with the one the Grineer use. If it can take down my Rhino in four seconds then they must do something far better than stick an Orokin Catylist and some crappy Pokemon cards into it.

EDIT: I suppose I forgot to mention it has pinpoint accuracry with no recoil from across the room. That might be how they get auto-aim 360 headshots with the entire clip all the time.

Edited by VanillaRegal