Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Super Jump Has Been Rendered Negligible (U15)

Krion112

So, I got right in to testing stuff as soon as that 1-gb download of an update finished, and I can say Update-15 was what I expected it to be. My whole review aside, I'm going to pick something out that has me troubled: What's the point of Excalibur's Super Jump now?

What do I mean? Well, I'm Not referring to the changes that were made specifically for Super Jump. The stun and cloak are fine additions, and would've made it slightly better than it was before.

I'm referring to the new jump-leap attack that gives us directional attacks for our melee when we jump and strike. However, using this also gives the user a very quick speed boost. But, you can do this in any direction.

Literally, you can look straight up, jump, and melee attack, and you will sky-rocket into the ceiling. In fact, it's so effective, you'll get higher than a maxed out Super Jump, with any melee weapon. Plus, unlike super jump, it can propel you with this same speed in any direction, and it's completely compatible with the Shockwave mod.

At this point, I'd rather all Warframes and melee weapons maintain this leap maneuver, and that Super Jump would just be scrapped and replaced with something more fitting for Excalibur.

Anyone think likewise or argue in favor of Super Jump?

Side note, has this thread been done yet? I found a couple of people talking about it, but not really talking about its repercussions.

I use super jump to negate LOS for radial blind.

Leap attacking into the air still allows you to cast Radial Blind.

Super Jump can hit REALLY high with maxed power strength :p like easily MUCH higher than even my Dual Zorens can go straight up.

I'm using a maxed out strength mod as well, and my glaive's leap attack still takes me higher than the Super Jump.

I also forget to mention, you can use the leap attack after casting Super Jump, and the height on the two combined is insane.

I'm using a maxed out strength mod as well, and my glaive's leap attack still takes me higher than the Super Jump.

I also forget to mention, you can use the leap attack after casting Super Jump, and the height on the two combined is insane.

Not high enough with directional air as I think it varies from weapon to weapon.

A minimum of 11 meters is needed to clear most LOS obstacles.

Edited by fatpig84

Not high enough with directional air as I think it varies from weapon to weapon.

A minimum of 11 meters is needed to clear most LOS obstacles.

Would makes sense if it varied weapon to weapon.

The Glaive, apparently, be one of the farthest reaching as it can completely out-distance my strength-enhanced Super Jump.

I'll give Super Jump this victory though, 'cause it's more convenient than the leap attack jump.

What about Blind rage?

Excalibur main here. Don't you dare touch my Super Jump.

Go ahead and suggest that it be introduced as a "General Ability" that can be used by any Frame or something, but suggesting its outright removal is going the right way for a smacked bottom.

What about Blind rage?

I don't believe in using corrupt mods, they don't add enough to be worth the subtraction. That said, however, I do have a maxed out Blind Rage I could test for the sake of argument.

Excalibur main here. Don't you dare touch my Super Jump.

Go ahead and suggest that it be introduced as a "General Ability" that can be used by any Frame or something, but suggesting its outright removal is going the right way for a smacked bottom.

It actually is kind of a general ability now, given any Warframe can take any melee weapon and leap attack looking straight up, and you'll get the same results, if not better. Plus, I'm an Excalibur main as well, and I used to use Super Jump all the time, now I use the leap attack because its faster, more involving, and a lot more fun.

Guy doesn't know what a maxed out super jump is obviously.

I have to say, I don't dig the invisibility on it now though, because it's hard to tell exactly where you are at times, and it really is just pointless. I've never taken enough damage in the air to make this add-on worth a damn.

Edited by Gurzil