The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng - You Win.

ArchPhaeton

Hello community, old player here.

Just wanted to put this as feedback to the devs.

The RNG beast has won this battle. I'm done.

It has always been part of the game but I've reached the point where accessing the game content has become such a  chore that I'm just not willing to go through it. With the insane amount of items scattered in the Void, the even more insane amount of fusion cores and void keys between them, all the time and energy invested to get a shot at a 1% (?) or so drop rate item... that's not fun at all.

I'm not ranting about Archwing - I think the time gates are better than the time+effort+resource+luck gates that end-of-mission rewards are. While not ideal, the time gates introduced with the Quests were a step forward, definitely.

Now for the smarties that will feel like posting "pay if you want it fast" "this is another kiddie rant" "the game is free" etc. well you can save your smart comments because:

wf-time-02_zpsc7de6a3a.png

As seen in Steam:

wf-time-01_zps3540dbb7.png

I made most of my progress (about 98%) without spending plat on other things than slots, a couple cosmetics and a forma or potato here and there. I got most of my guns and frames by playing, and enjoyed it for the most part - which just isn't happening anymore. And I'm not alone - many of my hardcore WF buddies have either reached this point and switched to other things, or are getting there.

If you're lucky with the RNG rolls or rich to pay for anything you want that's good for you! But here in third world we have a different landscape and can't just dump ridiculous amounts of money in a game.

DE, i know bills must be paid, but this is not fun anymore.

As much as I like the game... I'm worn out.

Wow, 43 billion credits and only 400k kills.  You find an exploit or something?

Lol nop... I can only think of the couple times I bought cred booster. Did a lot of quick T3's and a lot of Sechuras when it was free. But even that won't add o.O

About my kills, well I main Nekros and I let people hoard the kills - I'm not a bloodthirsty kinda player.

I don't complain about working for my stuff, but the journey should be as enjoyable as the destination, and that isn't happening here.

I don't quite understand you OP... and therefor I do not feel that I can sympathize with you..  

I'm wondering; in what way is the screenshot an argument/answer to "Now for the smarties that will feel like posting "pay if you want it fast" "this is another kiddie rant" "the game is free" etc. well you can save your smart comments because: ..." are you saying that "I've played so much that everything in the game should be mine now, and everything ever released until the end of this game should also be mine"?

I'm thinking you are trying a bit to hard to achieve "100%" completion in a game that is constantly expanding. That is a very good way to get "worn out". I'd say if you do the same in a game with no RNG you'd still end up playing thousands of hours, it would simply be a "run this single mission 750 times to receive this almighty Common mod."

Since DE allows trades of most RNG items I find the RNG quite enjoyable, I didn't get my Nyx part? oh doesn't matter, I got this other rare mod and a Hikou part, I'll just sell/trade those for something else I need or even a few plats occasionally. Or perhaps I got the chassi twice but no helmet, well... let's see if I can trade it then + a few plat coins and voila, I got the part I needed. 

Personally I do buy a few plats here and there, especially if I get a discount, but I only buy cosmetics and WF/weapons slots with those. A few rare mods where the RNG has been unfavorable I guess, but I've got 600h on my profile and I've almost obtained every single weapon, frame, sentinel, kubrow etc. and what if I miss a stance mod or two? If I really enjoy a weapon but miss the stance mod... I can try to farm it, for a couple of hours, and if I feel that I get tired of it... I'll just trade or buy the stance for a few plat, no need to wrestle with the RNG god until I get worn out.

I know there are a few exceptions such as the Detron and Brakk, but I'll get those, eventually, key for me is to not look so hard for them, they'll show up eventually.

... so to summarize my thoughts... aren't there other ways to play the game that is more enjoyable than forcing yourself to obtain every single item with your own hands as soon as they are released? Is trade not an option? Taking a break every now and then from the game? Only obtaining the items that you believe is good enough to warrant the effort to obtain them?

Edited by Spartan086

Lol nop... I can only think of the couple times I bought cred booster. Did a lot of quick T3's and a lot of Sechuras when it was free. But even that won't add o.O

About my kills, well I main Nekros and I let people hoard the kills - I'm not a bloodthirsty kinda player.

I don't complain about working for my stuff, but the journey should be as enjoyable as the destination, and that isn't happening here.

Yeah, im tired, reading things wrong.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

i agree RNG can annoy me alot i know the feel

farm ash for a friend of mine ( helmet and systems in 3 runs , 20 more runs for just chassis...)

not looking for orokin cell , i find 8 in one run , lookin for orokin cell i play 8 matches without finding one

vault mods i get heavy call everything good , find out they sell good retry getting them , 100 vaults without 1 heavy call

farm stances i want , cant find them , buy the stance play 1 match , find the stance... so yeh i know RNG is a bish lol but in the end you can look back and respect yourself for what you been trough for getting what you have now :) i think you just need a small break like i once did ^^) nice stats btw

RNG Is a C***. Warframe is currently the worst offender for RNG, of all time.

if you genuinely want something, you can use platinum, thats principally what it is made for; a fast track.

The RNG tables for archwing is currently broken, butthere have been fifteen grand updates with many many hotfixes. the rng for other things is as intended, it's just a grind, to encourage players to fast track.

welcome to business.

I don't know what to tell ya buddy. if ya really want it, you'll buy it.

@Spartan086  

I've gone through all of those "alternate steps". What I'm saying - the process of achieving certain stuff by mindlessly repeating missions (and some go for long) is tiresome, boring and makes you feel like quitting. I won't hide my OCD which will never be satisfied due to some event stuff I missed, I'm not demanding to insta-own everything because of my playtime, what I say and repeat: the journey should be as enjoyable as the destination, and the overwhelming mission repeating just makes you feel like quitting.

@Other Tenno

Yes I've done it all - took breaks: small breaks, long breaks, played for fun etc. But at a certain point you feel like working towards earning something, that is when you face !ragequit.

Particularly playing a void to get a void key feels pretty trollish.

Defense rewards now stack. Interception now stacks.

keys galore.

RNG no longer exists, only profit exists .3.

What game are you playing? RNG still exists, unless you've found a way to pick and choose what rewards you get.