Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Votes To Be Rewarded By How Well You Do, Not By Rng?

zavienh5

I mean, with all these threads about how RNG is being a total b**ch, and not dropping anything they want after like 20 boss runs, along with defeating the purpose of the AI enemies being there to kill you, people just all rush.  Same goes with void runs.  Maybe the 1st few times, you'll take your time and kill enemies (beside exterminate missions) and go farm treasure rooms, but the next few times, you'll just rush to get the rewards of a Prime Blueprint, but end up getting something crappy and wasting the key you farmed (AGAIN, keys drop off of RNG) and wasting your time.

I wish it can work as how fast we do the missions and kill the enemies, gaining more points in the mission run itself.  So we get that certain drop depending on our performance, not by RNG.

For example, we kill all the enemies and each enemy killed racks up different amount of points, depending how effectively you kill them, you gain points.  By the end of the mission, they reward you however much drops depending on the points you got.  And if you over-exceed the max points, you can get like multiple orokin cells from one boss run.

Please +1 and reply to bump this thread up and support it if you agree with me that getting rewards and drops are better based off of How Well You Do, Not By RNG.

Edited by zavienh5

personally i got used to RNG it would be too easy with your idea since people can just get what they want. With RNG it actually gives you a reason to keep playing, think about it if you got all you wanted and leveled everything whats the point of playing ???

Edited by lolipops5

I would love to have a system like that that actually works but I dont think any other game has actually managed to pull it off well.

With the current community I can only imagine 3 things happening:

-People will complain about the change because it means they cant sell the prime parts for lots of plat because A LOT of people would run the missions for the parts they want in such a min-maxed way it would effectively kill plat trading (not a bad thing, imo)

-EXTREME trolling potential, you'd only need 1 guy messing around to throw the entire run out the window which in turn leads to my next point

-The community would become much more intolerant and you'd see more, much more of the same builds; I already get semi-kicked out of dark sectors for not bringing speed-built Novas, I cant begin to imagine how bad it'll get.

It's a good idea at heart but it has too many negative points. I think a token system, like the one that has been proposed around the forums for ages now, is the best solution.

No thanks! Like things just the way they are, especially since defense/survival/interception allow you to keep all rewards now.

What the guy said above. ESPECIALLY the part about the community being intolerant. Hating on new players, pushing new players out, and just creating a seperation that would be poisonous for the community as a whole.

Edited by Shady_Steve

I mean, with all these threads about how RNG is being a total b**ch, and not dropping anything they want after like 20 boss runs, along with defeating the purpose of the AI enemies being there to kill you, people just all rush.  Same goes with void runs.  Maybe the 1st few times, you'll take your time and kill enemies (beside exterminate missions) and go farm treasure rooms, but the next few times, you'll just rush to get the rewards of a Prime Blueprint, but end up getting something crappy and wasting the key you farmed (AGAIN, keys drop off of RNG) and wasting your time.

I wish it can work as how fast we do the missions and kill the enemies, gaining more points in the mission run itself.  So we get that certain drop depending on our performance, not by RNG.

For example, we kill all the enemies and each enemy killed racks up different amount of points, depending how effectively you kill them, you gain points.  By the end of the mission, they reward you however much drops depending on the points you got.  And if you over-exceed the max points, you can get like multiple orokin cells from one boss run.

Please +1 and reply to bump this thread up and support it if you agree with me that getting rewards and drops are better based off of How Well You Do, Not By RNG.

So the Trinity that kept your @$$ alive the whole time can just suck it?   You can't just base it on kills.

Edited by Gelkor

you might enjoy the game but you have to admit if they didnt add new stuff and you already had everything, you would still play everyday for hours ?

Not really

I get new stuff for the novelty, but I couldn't be bothered to level it up without an xp boost.

I play because of my friends and platinum trading.

RNG/grinding is simply a crutch used by MMOs to shield their lack of a viable endgame.

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

Each 500 points you get a rare material

Each 100 points you get a cache of uncommon material ( 100)

Each 50 points you get a cache of common material ( 300)

Let's say we battle grineer with this system:

---------------------------------

Light infantry: 2 points

Medium infantry: 5 points

Heavy infantry: 10 points

Eximus infantry 20 points

----------------------------------

I'd love this system to be implented in, would be really easy to calculate what you've got. That's for materials.

Aaaand about Prime parts? RNG again. 

For Mods: RNG.

I see no end for RNG.

Quite frankly, no.

I agree that RNG stinks, but it's far better than creating a more elitist community (Run only the builds that can get the most kills), and destroying the value of 'rare' items.

RNG just needs to have less crappy rewards. I'll take a key over a 1000 Credits cache, and I'll take some Plastids over a Fieldron Sample drop.

I'm already loving the Ability Mods removal from the drop tables. Common Fusion Cores are infinitely more useful than Tail Winds, Rare Fusion Cores compared to Vortex, etc. It might not be what I'm looking for, but at least it's not useless.

I want more skil based game play and less RNG

mhmhmhmhmhm

Quite frankly, no.

I agree that RNG stinks, but it's far better than creating a more elitist community (Run only the builds that can get the most kills), and destroying the value of 'rare' items.

RNG just needs to have less crappy rewards. I'll take a key over a 1000 Credits cache, and I'll take some Plastids over a Fieldron Sample drop.

I'm already loving the Ability Mods removal from the drop tables. Common Fusion Cores are infinitely more useful than Tail Winds, Rare Fusion Cores compared to Vortex, etc. It might not be what I'm looking for, but at least it's not useless.

this makes sense too actually, like buff the drop rate by a over exceeding number would satisfy ppl too

No thanks! Like things just the way they are, especially since defense/survival/interception allow you to keep all rewards now.

What the guy said above. ESPECIALLY the part about the community being intolerant. Hating on new players, pushing new players out, and just creating a seperation that would be poisonous for the community as a whole.

The token system is perfect honestly. Except what you mention here about pushing new players out is completely justified on the other player's end. Why should veterans be obligated to taxi new players through the hardest missions there are? If they do choose to do it, it is out of courtesy and not obligation. Rather than poisonous, this separation allows new players to experience all the things new players should and learn how to play themselves, not just rush directly to end-game.