The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Tank Frame With Archwing? Working Wf Mods?

perfectStranger

Question

At the moment I'm going with frost(prime) because:
- have a lot of D polarities to efficiently slot in Vitality, Redirection, Steel Fiber, Fast Deflection
- can, energy drain wise, efficiently use rejuvenation to recuperate health, sice we got no means aside red orbs

- has high shields

- has high armor, and can possibly raise it with arcane aurora helmet

Choosing Frost over Rhino because of the default aura polarity, over Saryn for higher armor (health is lower but regen from rejuvenation is fixed and not a % based on health), over Valkyr because of higher shields and aura polarity, over Zephyr because of low armor.

Did you have different ideas? Share please

Also as a side question, which warframe mods works in archwing mode? Flow? Streamline? Fleeting Expertise? Continuity?
I mean efficency, range, power and duration mods will affect also archwing powers?

Reflex Guard + Reflection combo?
Thief's Wit? Loot Detector aura?

Update
28/10/2014:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2kdiqn/theorycrafting_archwing_stats/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2kfqxt/what_modsstats_get_carried_over_to_your_archwing/

Edited by perfectStranger

Loot Detector works, Thief's Wit does not.

Flow, Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Steel Fiber are the only non-aura mods I have found that I know are working.

My estimate is that Rhino is the tankiest, given that health does not naturally regenerate, and health orbs only heal so much. Valkyr is probably better for short missions, but the lack of restoration will be crippling on long ones.

Loot Detector works, Thief's Wit does not.

Flow, Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Steel Fiber are the only non-aura mods I have found that I know are working.

My estimate is that Rhino is the tankiest, given that health does not naturally regenerate, and health orbs only heal so much. Valkyr is probably better for short missions, but the lack of restoration will be crippling on long ones.

Frost have the same stats in armor and health of Rhino, but the default aura polarity is V, but he could possibly fly faster since, at least the prime, can run faster than frost.

Fast Deflection doesn't work you say?

Mods that affect Archwing are energy, health and shield related

So no point even in efficiency mods?

As far as I could tell, Fast Deflection (and Fortitude) did nothing.

I strongly advise against using Rejuvenation over Energy Siphon as the added survivability from abilities is much more important than the minor restoration from Rejuvenation. Also, since you will have a huge health pool, Rejuvenation is worth less than normal, as it still restores at a fixed rate and not a percentage.

I've just been using Rhino because he is by far MY best Tank frame and personally I don't think it's worth using a 'faster' frame in most the missions(maybe Interception with a full team once I have better Mods for my AW).

I also agree with Kthal on several of his last points. Though I'm still running Steel Charge simply because Melee is so prominent in AW Missions(though I'm only assuming it works for AW Melee).

I use Valkyr for my frame, mainly because she's been forma'ed to hell and back, but also because right now I have 1692 armor (maxed Steel Fiber/Argon Plating) with my Archwing, which is nice. Plus, I use Rejuvenation so the health issue becomes a non-issue. I just carry those energy packs and drop one when I need more.

However just based on what I've seen others bring, it looks like Frost or Rhino is the way to go.

Mods that affect Archwing are energy, health and shield related

we know this, its in the patch notes... we need to know specifics like efficiency dosnt work and its energy related, so not all energy related mods work, again most "energy related" like str, effiecancy, duration, and range DONT work (except flow, it works ..).

i need to test mods such as Equilibrium (it should work, i hope it does), Undying Will (bleedout time), Thief's Wit, and Quick Thinking

Edited by MarurabaATX

So its Vanguard Rhino Prime again, who would've thought...

Stat wise Frost Prime is the same, has better polarities for allowed mods and aura (as far for default ones), alas it is slower, but it seems that running speed is not very relevant in space (look into the reddit link)

It seems very relevant.

Oh yeah, my bad, confusing that with marathon/quickrest/rush stuff, yet Frost prime default polarities offer best optimization for defensive mods, and on frost using arcane aura helm  for more armor won't diminish your speed as for rhino prime with thrak helm

...ok rhino prime would still be faster by 5%

Stat wise Frost Prime is the same, has better polarities for allowed mods and aura (as far for default ones), alas it is slower, but it seems that running speed is not very relevant in space (look into the reddit link)

I was running Frost too, but after reading this went with Vanguard and the speed difference is quite noticable (its not as bad as in normal game for Frost) I put on Syphon anyway, cause better tank with shield-ability than with HP.

Might even use damage aura, since I get no damage mods for the gun.

Edited by Monolake

Are we 110% certain that rush and quick rest don't affect archwings?

Yes.

Really? I use quick rest on my archwing setup, and I swear I never run out of stamina, very different when I didn't use it. Or am I wrong?

Edit: nvm, read the reddit post. Gonna put some other usable mod instead.

Edited by Dalawantahr

Oh yeah, my bad, confusing that with marathon/quickrest/rush stuff, yet Frost prime default polarities offer best optimization for defensive mods, and on frost using arcane aura helm  for more armor won't diminish your speed as for rhino prime with thrak helm

...ok rhino prime would still be faster by 5%

Polarities really don't matter much for this since there aren't enough warframe mods that work with the archwing to use up the points anyway. You can get Redirection, Flow, Energy Siphon, Vitality, Steel Fiber, and Vigor on the Rhino Prime without any trouble. Plus its faster especially with the arcane Vanguard Helm. There's really no justification for using Frost Prime unless you just like the look better.

Polarities really don't matter much for this since there aren't enough warframe mods that work with the archwing to use up the points anyway. You can get Redirection, Flow, Energy Siphon, Vitality, Steel Fiber, and Vigor on the Rhino Prime without any trouble. Plus its faster especially with the arcane Vanguard Helm. There's really no justification for using Frost Prime unless you just like the look better.

Well Rhino prime gets more speed with vanguard helm, Frost gets more armor, both at the cost of some health

Rage and quick thinking work, and are very useful

Didn't read so in the wiki, but have read some comments where someone say that some mods works only for the host