Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Clown Invasion.

Greygo

You can haggle around any topic if you always trying to find something inaccurate. Read the wiki page about cyberpunk. This game indeed has cyberpunk setting. Probably in mix with something else but we dont discuss cyberpunk here. This is offtopic.

I think it best to just call it Science Fiction. If it can represent so many sub-genres then it's inaccurate as you said to just name it by one. Therefore, under the premise of "Science-Fiction" i don't think you draw the line for what's inappropriate at a Harlequin-themed exo-suit and top-hat wielding space and time manipulator.

I'd say it's closer to science fantasy right now. It's definitely not full cyberpunk.

You can haggle around any topic if you always trying to find something inaccurate. Read the wiki page about cyberpunk. This game indeed has cyberpunk setting. Probably in mix with something else but we dont discuss cyberpunk here. This is offtopic.

Cyberpunk is indeed on-topic because you made it to be when you included it in your original post. Please. Give me examples of "cyberpunk" in Warframe. And i don't mean one or two little things. I want to know why you see Warframe as having so many attributes of the cyberpunk sub-genre that it deserves to be entirely labeled that way.

(edited) ..

it seems to me the game took a strong turn toward One Piece

Nekros because it reminds me of Evangelion's evas.

Thank you for posting the montage from One Piece ...

I was thinking exactly about that zany but serious bit of animae when I made an earlier post in this thread

I also agree with you about Evangelion being instrumental in DE's designs ...

Remember the faces of the angels?  They look very much like the Grineer face plates

b8964596-f777-44c7-a0b6-88e91e74bd55.png

And the helm for Unit-01?  It has the horn like Excalibur, the flaring at the temples like Loki or Mirage and the skeletal appearance of Nekros

c416b1f0-529b-4d6b-97a7-fc4fda79f1ec.jpg

There are unmistakable differences between One Piece and Evangelion in terms of dramatic story telling and aesthetic but each was self consistent

The same cannot be said of Warframe at this point 

Edited by ElHefe

I'd say it's closer to science fantasy right now. It's definitely not full cyberpunk.

I agree ...

What we can all agree on is that DE has been incrementally moving to broader themes

Prima facie, this is not a bad thing

BUT having left the core story line so nebulous for so long, DE has inadvertently set themselves up for complaints

What DE left as a "placeholder" story has become at least a THEMED story in the minds of many (most?) of the community

In the end, it is amusingly ironic to realize that those in the community who never spent much time thinking about the story line and who dismissed inconsistencies and imponderables as "space magic" were RIGHT

I agree ...

What we can all agree on is that DE has been incrementally moving to broader themes

Prima facie, this is not a bad thing

BUT having left the core story line so nebulous for so long, DE has inadvertently set themselves up for complaints

What DE left as a "placeholder" story has become at least a THEMED story in the minds of many (most?) of the community

In the end, it is amusingly ironic to realize that those in the community who never spent much time thinking about the story line and who dismissed inconsistencies and imponderables as "space magic" were RIGHT

I think that's one of the reasons people were/are so confused about frames like Limbo. We don't know what the tenno or the warframes really are, so how could we possibly know if a frame like that fits in?

Edited by vaugahn