Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicates Requiring Orokin Reactors/catalysts

Draconzis

I have seen threads about the grind for the syndicates, and some have brought this up, but I want to make a topic completely focused on this issue. Also, keep in mind that I have a burning hatred of microtransactions, so this initial post is, of course, going to be influenced by that.

Quite simply put, multiple syndicates require you to pay an Orokin Reactor/Catalyst to advance. This is a real slap in the face to a lot of people, as I have seen. Sure some syndicates require you to get a specific prime part to advance, but at least that is farmable. Potatoes on the other hand, you can only receive once a month, also it is random which one you will get, and even then most players would probably prefer spending on a frame or weapon. This obviously is DE 'encouraging' you to by plat.

I know, I know, "DE has to make money somehow!", as I have heard all too many times when I criticize some of the games many microtransactions. But still, nonetheless, it is yet another slap in the face. So, I want to hear from you: How do you feel about this? Do you see this inconvenience worth DE making more money, or do you see it as a slap in the face?

"Puts on tin foil hat"

"Equips Flame Resistance mod"

Because...

PWE

Yes it's annoying. However I've still got more of both than I really intend to use in the near future despite never buying one with plat. The only reason this isn't a huge problem for me is because I obtained a fairly large amount of them a while back from login rewards. 

I mean, this is meant to be a sacrifice. I think it's a justifiable sacrifice, and a good way to make you really value who you're pledging your allegiance to.

And I mean, this is a long term commitment, and if anything you can rely on the potatoes given out during the livestreams.

Edited by ROSING