Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon: Gunblade?! (Meele And Pistol Combined)?!

xXHaromanXx

Hey guys, I was just thinking how cool would it be to have a Gunblade in warframe? Similar to that in FF8! It would occupy your meele slot as well as your pistol slot but function as both a meele and a magnium revolver! Also, adding some sick stance mods that would have combo's with finishers that shoot the enemy, for example a bunch of awesome attacks a stab then for a finisher click while the blade is in the enemy and shoot him. What are you thoughts??

I knew one of these would be recommended (again) soon, with the release of Archwing, but I expected it as an Archwing weapon. As Anguis said, Console and Controller players are running short on buttons already, and adding a weapon like this would only compound the problem. I'm not fundamentally against the idea, but I think that it would be important for console and controller players to be considered. 

Well, I mean for example, quick melee while your secondary is in your hand would result in him swinging the Gunblade rather than reaching for his melee, and while holding your melee you would just swing your blade around and only be able to SHOOT it as a finisher for a combo? what do you think??  

Hey guys, I was just thinking how cool would it be to have a Gunblade in warframe? Similar to that in FF8! It would occupy your meele slot as well as your pistol slot but function as both a meele and a magnium revolver! Also, adding some sick stance mods that would have combo's with finishers that shoot the enemy, for example a bunch of awesome attacks a stab then for a finisher click while the blade is in the enemy and shoot him. What are you thoughts??

an idea for a combo- 

EE hold E LMB LMB LMB LMB (left mouse button wuld be the gun shooting, the hold E would be stabbing it in to the enemy)

F*** yeah, that's actually a really good idea as well man! but I kinda thought of it as a pistol with a blade on the end that when the melee is held in your hand he just swings it around and shooting as a finisher to end combos and when the secondary is in your hand he shoots it like a regular revolver or Vasto, kinda like a Vasto with an extended BLADE barrel, then when quick melee he just swings it almost in a slashing motion and stabs things like that

Well, I mean for example, quick melee while your secondary is in your hand would result in him swinging the Gunblade rather than reaching for his melee, and while holding your melee you would just swing your blade around and only be able to SHOOT it as a finisher for a combo? what do you think??  

What's the point then? The first idea is just a weapon + quick meele (and you have the freedom of complimenting meele build to firearms build), the second one is just a unique finisher animation.

Is that really worth creating a whole new weapon, with a unique mechanism of taking two slots and stuff?

Also, sorry to break your bubble, but LMB is channeling.

Edited by Angius

Good question, I mean I guess like slash and puncture mods

No, no, no, you misunderstood... Pistol mods or meele mods? Would Magnum Force affect the meele part? Would Fury increase the fire rate of gun? Can you stack two elemental mods from both? should Steel Charge influence the gun damage?

Edited by Angius

I could see their being dual gunblades as an optional weapon for Archwing -

That way, each wing stores one weapon, but it would allow you to have dual melee weapons and akimbo guns.  For it work, you would have to commit to the dual gunblades as both your melee and your primary gun (I don't see how they could make it work for you to take dual gun blades for your melee weapon, but also allow you to have another primary weapon - I mean, where would you store the third weapon?)