The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opricor, Next Paris Prime?

Xardis

Just finished my 3rd forma for Opticor. 2 more to go! Man, this thing reminds me of Lancer but this thing really hits hard!

I prefer Dread over Peris Prime because you know...the calling card and all but I really like this laser vomiting beastly cannon. 

Edited by ST4LK3R

I do not agree that Opricor is much weaker than ParisP. They are par on par, from what i can see Paris with crit 100% multi is about the same to raw damage of Opticor, when paris has x2 multi onn  red crit Opticor has the same on normal ones. This is the time that normal elemental build is about the same damage over all. I prefer Opticor coz you have pinpont and hitscan.

Edit: i think that soon the ammo for Opticor will be 72 and from sniper ammo pool.

God i hope not. I kinda understand penta etc nerf but even that was a bit extreme for me. But then again those weapons are best used in defense missions and you never lack any kind of ammo in there anyway but that weapons nerf would not make any sense IF they are going to reduce the ammo down to to freaking 20.

God i hope not. I kinda understand penta etc nerf but even that was a bit extreme for me. But then again those weapons are best used in defense missions and you never lack any kind of ammo in there anyway but that weapons nerf would not make any sense IF they are going to reduce the ammo down to to freaking 20.

I hope too but not for changing it into sniper but to changing it into 20 ammo pool. I oposed ammo nerf to less than 72 ammo and i still think it should be buffed and it was a big overnerf.

All I want is the ability to hold a charge & innate Punch-through.

Yep, lanka but more powerfull, more base dmg, hitscan, i think if that where implemented this weapon would be nerfed to 20 ammo indeed. I opose holding charge coz it gives new mechanic and innate punch thought would make it too OP.

Edit: Lanka if i recall is mr 6 too so they should be par on par to not choose always one over the other.

Edited by Xardis

They fixed the opticor charge in 0.7, now you have to fully charge.

- - -

According to your build a Paris Prime only needs 2 arrows to compete Opticor.

Mogamu said Paris Prime is still better, and if you use it with Heavy Caliber as a Short Range bow, it even beats it easily.

Opticor is new and still needs some tweaks.

Currently P.P. is still a better choice.

Edited by Gr3vi3R

They fixed the opticor charge in 0.7, now you have to fully charge.

- - -

According to your build a Paris Prime only needs 2 arrows to compete Opticor.

Mogamu said Paris Prime is still better, and if you use it with Heavy Caliber as a Short Range bow, it even beats it easily.

Opticor is new and still needs some tweaks.

Currently P.P. is still a better choice.

I know Mogamu said it is better but he is also human, I think he underestimeted this weapon coz it has no crit build power. Still I think neither is better, Opticor for me is "clan ParisP". This weapon is powerfull enought, remember it is at lankas place in clan tech so buffing it would make all of us ignore lanka. Also i hate the fact that now you can buy clan weapons at the market.

Opticor is a bit unwieldy due to firing when it becomes fully charged instead of letting the player release the charge.  DE could always place a hold mechanic that lasts for a few seconds before overheating, forcing it to charge once again.  Still, the base damage from Opticor is great but the critical damage from bows will pretty much always be better.  The only real advantage Opticor has is that it is hitscan.  Still, it seems like Opticor is missing something; I'm just not sure what.  Perhaps once the blast radius is fixed this will balance it perfectly.

Regarding clan tech weapons in the marketplace, I think it is fine as long as DE keeps them higher priced than other weapons since the cost includes a slot, catalyst and now a forma as well.  Other than restricting event and prime items I really don't see a need to prohibit players from purchasing items instead of crafting them.  It makes DE money and really does nothing to harm other players who would rather use resources and time to research and craft those items instead.  While clan tech is relatively easy to research, there is no reason to force players to join a clan so I think this is a great move on DE's part.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph