The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Odonata Archwing Powers...how To Properly Use Them?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

12 answers to this question

Go to Arsenal, click on Archwing button in the bottom right corner, and then on the Abilities button in the same corner. You will be able to see your abilities and their level up status.

As for the abilities, I don't really know much because I'm still trying to get a grip, but here's what I would suggest:

- the first ability is a directional shield, use it when you are facing a lot of enemies in front of you, any enemies on your side or behind you may still hit you

- the second ability is useful when enemies fire guided missiles at you, unfortunately I don't recognise said missiles very well so I can't really tell you how to use the chaff efficiently

- the third ability fires a salvo of missiles, best used when you can target enemies properly (300 meters would be the max range for me), they track enemies automatically when they are close enough

- the fourth ability is a radial blast that damages, stuns and sends enemies flying away, it's useful in crowded areas and it has decent range, I found it awesome when trying to stop groups of mobs from swarming Interception towers

Edited by Vintovka

To see the levels of the ability:

Go to the arsenal

Click Archwing in the bottom right

Click Abilities in the bottom right

As for using the abilities.

Well its not really a very versatile archwing.

Energy shield (first ability) is useful for shooting things at range but it is not great as a defense overall.

Dissary (second ability) is a bit odd to use because of knowing what is it going to affect. From what I see there is no "missle locked on you" visual warning.

Seeking fire (third ability) is a useful ability as it homes (some people say works best on host). This is the main ability I would say has a use at present.

Repel (forth ability) a bit odd but has some use on interception missions. Anytime you see mobs swarming you can diver in and use this. Important in interception because sometimes all the mobs will attack one point.

More importantly than abilities is archwing melee mods and your warframe build.

Melee is much more effective at low level in archwing and gets better with mods. Focus on using this to help survive low level missions so you can get some mods to get stronger.

Next is your warframe and build. From my testing the best warframe build is as follows:

Aura - Energy Siphon

Vitality - More archwing HP

Redirection - More archwing Shields

Vigor - More archwing Hp and shields

Steel Fibre - More archwing armour

Fast deflection - Faster archwing shield recharge

Fortitude - Faster archwing shield recharge

Flow - Increases maximum energy pool of archwing

As for warframe choices the best choices are probably Rhino, Frost. Saryn. They all have very high stats in Hp, shields and armour. This makes them make the most durable archwing's.

I use number 1 on exterminate mission because most enemies would be in front and use the gun to shoot them down with fire buffed bullets from the shield. On open space like the interception mission, use number 2 to avoid homing missiles, they have distinct sound, try to familiarize the sound no use to look for them you're gonna get hit. Number 3 to help you kill multiple bandits and help rank up your Archwing. And number 4 to disperse any surrounding you or the cap point. But I usually use 3 skills in succession when I jump into a fray, 2 - 4 - 3.

*post*

Nice informative post. +1 for spelling fibre the  good ol'-fashioned way too :P

*EDIT* I've been using Zephyr for most Archwhing stuff due to her high base shields/HP.

Edited by Dualice

1st ability block stuff coming in at a wide cone in front of you only use it when going in and engaging enemies to absorb some fire before attacking

2nd ability disables missiles coming at you very good for dealing with hellions especially in higher level interception missions like uranus or limbo quest. There is no warning for when there are missiles coming for you so you have to visually see it yourself or preemptively be using this good for taking a point and holding onto it in combination with your 4th ability.

3rd ability is a barrage of homing missiles i dont really use this much myself i like to save my energy for my 2nd and 4th ability personally

4th ability is an AoE knockback with a bit of damage. Great for taking points in interception or trying to force out a enemy stuck in the terrain. I use this and the 2nd ability to retake points in interception mission without dieing.

Here's my usage:

Power 1:  Pop it and keep it aimed at incoming fire.  It's basically a front facing shield.

Power 2:  If you see projectiles coming at you that aren't bullets, pop this thing and move your butt somewhere else.

Power 3:  Good for encroaching on a group of enemies.  Fire from a distance to give the missiles time to home in, but make sure the red targeting reticle is present.

Power 4:  The AoE "get off me" power.  Good at low levels because it outright blows up anything it hits, and at higher levels it gives you breathing room.