Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Using This Get Me Banned?

Shady_Steve

Question

Or otherwise incur some kind of infraction? I'd really rather not lose my account for it.

I want to run this:

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582

GeDoSaTo (Generic Downsampling Tool) is a program used to.. you guessed it. Downsample. Telling Warframe to render at a higher resolution than my monitor is suited for, then take that improved image back down to 1920x1080. It is also capable of injecting AA and other image effects. (I would not be using those)

I have no idea what kind of cheat detection this game is equipped with.

So it would be nice if anyone has seen official word? I was thinking of sending a support ticket about it.

9 answers to this question

EULA:

2.    LICENSE RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS

You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

f.      use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software, tools or content designed to modify the Software, the Service or the Game experience;

Your call.

Edited by JohnProdman

I have sent a support ticket including a quote (and link to that quote) from the creator Durante in response to being asked whether VAC would ban you for it. He said no changes are made outside of the GeDoSaTo DLL and no changes are made to the game state, so hopefully support will say it's all good.

Basically what Nvidia is doing with DSR

Not quite.  Nvidia is doing stuff in the driver.  Software like this injects itself between the application and the driver.  In some cases it needs to hook the application and look at what's in memory.  In some games this is enough to risk a ban, other times no one cares as long as you don't alter stuff.