Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ground Slams Broken. De Please Fix!

mrecentric

Don't get me wrong. I love the new melee lunging mechanic. I think it was sorely needed. At the same time, it pretty much completely broke ground slams. As far as I can tell the only way to do a ground slam now is without moving or by looking perfectly straight down while jumping. What is the point in ground slams anymore? It would be really easy to fix this by requiring an extra button push to lunge (hint : ground slams are more important and valuable than lunging).

Lunging is important as slamming the ground. It helps you A LOT to move fast and maybe revive a fallen team mate. Also, you don't need to look "perfectly straight down" to perform a ground slam, and even if it was so, what's the problem with moving the mouse a bit?

Holding E performs a quick lunge and immediatly after it a ground slam.

Edited by Petersheikah

Yes but I don't WANT a quick lunge and immediatly after it a ground slam, I ONLY want a ground slam. Depending on the weapon or warframe lunges don't make you move any faster and may slow you down. In addition to that they're much less accurate and predictable.

Edited by mrecentric

I still prefer the old ground slam mechanics. I hate when I am in the middle of a large group, and want to slam the ground with my Fragor and instead lunge forward then slams the ground missing some of my targets. Why can't it be shift+melee while in the air to do the new forawrd lunge attack? This way it would work for everyone.

Looking down instead of looking horizontally or up often helps with initiating a ground slam.

What I hate is that we're locked into some kind of weird momentum when we ground slam. I.e If i was to try and use a slam on an enemy far below, sometimes I fall straight down onto said enemy and succeed, but other times I tend to curve like a spiralling missile and miss my target completely.

Let's not forget majority of weapons have crappy ground slams as well.

holding or looking down to slam actually isnt as effective as the old slam, for multiple reasons

it would be better if it slammed by default (just tapping key while in air) but if your holding direction when u tap then you lunge

thats more intuitive for both attacks and allows faster, more accurate slams while not impeding lunge in anyway 

I still prefer the old ground slam mechanics. I hate when I am in the middle of a large group, and want to slam the ground with my Fragor and instead lunge forward then slams the ground missing some of my targets. Why can't it be shift+melee while in the air to do the new forawrd lunge attack? This way it would work for everyone.

holding or looking down to slam actually isnt as effective as the old slam, for multiple reasons

it would be better if it slammed by default (just tapping key while in air) but if your holding direction when u tap then you lunge

thats more intuitive for both attacks and allows faster, more accurate slams while not impeding lunge in anyway 

I tend to agree the ground slam has been really botched badly, I would rather have the ground slam fixed and the lung scrapped than the way it is. Add a extra key press for the lung and leave the ground slam alone!

Yes, I totally agree to the OP and the posts quoted above! Either shift+melee or perhaps even better, forward+melee for lounge.  <--- Please DE!

this.

when u get used to it. it's as good as old ground slam

No it is not. Coptering to a small landing zone and stopping right on top of it while looking down is very awkward. Coptering and quickly pressing melee used to allow you to move very fast and precisely between small landing zones. Since accuracy is absolutely critical here, only having to do one melee press is highly desirable.

Also, it is much more intuitive to have a "slide" or forward key press for more forward movement.

@ DE: Please make lounge be forward + melee (or crouch + melee), and return ground slam to it's former press-melee-only glory! *begging on knees*

Edited by OptimizePrime

@ DE: Please make lounge be forward + melee (or crouch + melee), and return ground slam to it's former press-melee-only glory! *begging on knees*

NOPE NOPE BLOODY NOPE

If you want separate keys, let lounge be Spacebar (same as jump - I am pretty sure you can just press it twice and you can't jump in midair), and slam "melee". Crouch-melee is already coptering. Forward-melee would be awful because there's too much left-hand-juggling already.

Looking at the floor works 50% of the time and is not as practical as before, stop saying its the same, its not and broken atm.

I used slam to stop my forward momentum, copter fast and slam straight on an enemy's head, still kinda works now but it is unreliable. DE needs to fix it and they know about it already.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Personally I'd prefer to have ground slam in general be bound to a separate key and keep the rest like it is currently.

Jump + Melee can still be directional air attack and [NewKey] ALWAYS triggers the ground slam.

This would completely remove any confusion about what is actually going to happen if you press a button and also avoid doing ground slams while coptering. The button could easily be a completely new key binding or a button that isn't used midair like the dodge roll.

Personally I'd prefer to have ground slam in general be bound to a separate key and keep the rest like it is currently.

Jump + Melee can still be directional air attack and [NewKey] ALWAYS triggers the ground slam.

This would completely remove any confusion about what is actually going to happen if you press a button and also avoid doing ground slams while coptering. The button could easily be a completely new key binding or a button that isn't used midair like the dodge roll.

Thinking like a true PC player.

This is a console game now.... Just look at what they did to the UI.

Never gonna happen.

No buttons left to map.

Edited by fractal_magnets

NOPE NOPE BLOODY NOPE

If you want separate keys, let lounge be Spacebar (same as jump - I am pretty sure you can just press it twice and you can't jump in midair), and slam "melee". Crouch-melee is already coptering. Forward-melee would be awful because there's too much left-hand-juggling already.

As long as pressing melee while air born = slam, I'm happy. Lounge should be something else, and jump does sounds like a very good idea.

So in short:

Slam = press melee (E) in the air

Lounge = press jump (Space) in the air

As long as pressing melee while air born = slam, I'm happy. Lounge should be something else, and jump does sounds like a very good idea.

So in short:

Slam = press melee (E) in the air

Lounge = press jump (Space) in the air

The old double-tap for lunge? I like it.

+1 to you good sir.

It makes so much sense.

Best idea i've seen all week.

Edited by fractal_magnets

Thinking like a true PC player.

This is a console game now.... Just look at what they did to the UI.

Never gonna happen.

No buttons left to map.

Even then, they could just map it to the same button as e.g. roll and have a dual purpose button (or is that sprint / roll on the console already?). Either way, having a separate key binding would just be an easy and far superior solution. We already have more possible key bindings than the consoles, one more wouldn't hurt. :)

So, it sounds like most everyone is in agreement, here.  The old ground slam mechanics needs to be restored.  Lunges can be worked in relatively easily, without disrupting our much needed slams.  Ground slams are crucial in this game, as much for movement as for offense.  Being able to tap melee in the air and shoot straight down allows you to pinpoint landings and not overshoot platforms and such.  It's a vital mechanic.  Is it realistic?  Well, no.  One couldn't simply stop their momentum in midair like that.  But nonetheless, we need the ground slam back.  Please restore it, DE.  Please.