Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8 Warframe Mod Slots Is Great

(PSN)BlacksmithUSA

There is a whole lot of whining about the rebalance of abilities/mods. I would like to counter that with my ¢2 on why I'm really excited about this change. My first praise is that everyone will have every ability equipped. This forces players to be more diverse and not just have one plan for every situation. This way, you'll no longer see Oberon's who can't heal because they dropped everything besides Reckoning, or Rhino's that can't buff because "Iron Skin is all they need." Second, is that we have a net gain of mod slots. If you equipped every ability, you would only have 6 mod slots for actual stat changes. That's the real reason people unequipped abilities. Now that we have 8, we actually have more room to mod without sacrificing abilities until our warframes are one trick ponies. Third, is the new syndicate mods. For those of us that have built for all four abilities, this is another fantastic addition. I, for one, am going to enjoy the hell out of making laser nets with Teslas. When we have 6-slot builds as per the old system, filling one of our two new open slots with a syndicate mod gives us extra utility for our abilities and still leaves one more mod slot for throwing in another buff. So, instead of a bunch of bland one-ability builds, players will be forced to have diverse builds, and the comparatively large mod slots will give them the space to support this kind of ability. Of course, you can still devote all your slots to buffing one ability, but it no longer means throwing out all of your abilities.

I am also a big fan of the change. While I do have some warframes that only have 2 abilities equipped, in which case there will be no change, but there are others that I have with all abilities because I find the frame so much more fun when you can use them all. Yes there are some players who use one or no abilities at all, they are the exception. If I remember it correctly, although I could be wrong, DE said that they wanted to see player USE the abilities given to frames not just forego abilities to max one, two or in some cases none.

8 slots, no ability mods makes me a happy Tenno.

I normally ran with only 2 abilities, so this change has done nothing for me.

Integrating powers into warframes was a good idea.

The removal of two slots was not, since it more or less keeps builds the same, instead of giving you more space.

One step forward, one step back.

I normally ran with only 2 abilities, so this change has done nothing for me.

Integrating powers into warframes was a good idea.

The removal of two slots was not, since it more or less keeps builds the same, instead of giving you more space.

One step forward, one step back.

This is the problem. No one disagreed that all abilities should be unlocked.

There is a whole lot of whining about the rebalance of abilities/mods. I would like to counter that with my ¢2 on why I'm really excited about this change. My first praise is that everyone will have every ability equipped. This forces players to be more diverse and not just have one plan for every situation. This way, you'll no longer see Oberon's who can't heal because they dropped everything besides Reckoning, or Rhino's that can't buff because "Iron Skin is all they need." Second, is that we have a net gain of mod slots. If you equipped every ability, you would only have 6 mod slots for actual stat changes. That's the real reason people unequipped abilities. Now that we have 8, we actually have more room to mod without sacrificing abilities until our warframes are one trick ponies. Third, is the new syndicate mods. For those of us that have built for all four abilities, this is another fantastic addition. I, for one, am going to enjoy the hell out of making laser nets with Teslas. When we have 6-slot builds as per the old system, filling one of our two new open slots with a syndicate mod gives us extra utility for our abilities and still leaves one more mod slot for throwing in another buff. So, instead of a bunch of bland one-ability builds, players will be forced to have diverse builds, and the comparatively large mod slots will give them the space to support this kind of ability. Of course, you can still devote all your slots to buffing one ability, but it no longer means throwing out all of your abilities.

There will always be praise and complaints. Those people who think they lost something will have the louder voices.

As someone who likes using all abilities, I was looking forward to this update and I'm not disappointed. Nearly all my builds got stronger.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

I would not say it is great, it is a change. Those who for some strange reason equiped all 4 abilities they win 2 slots, who used only 1 loose 1 slot. In reduce diversity a bit. Since the ability mods are still often weakening each other, it will not change much.

If it was necessary is open to anyone's interpretation.

Edited by MichaelSD

Strange reasons... You know that it's dependant on what frame you use.

I only meet strange persons who whine that their one and only frame and their one and only build and their one and only tactic doesn't work anymore because they lost one effective slot.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

I think people should play more trading card games... after 13 years of magic the word meta has a special meaning for me now.

Everyone adapts when the meta changes every edition. Big whining never helps.

And since I don't even think the update was bad for most people, this ruckus isn't worth it. But of course those who got their modslot "stolen" think different.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

I can live with my one mod slot stolen, but you are right. Each update changes for the sake of change as in Magic, not to improve the game. You may like it, I accept that, I think it is simply lazy design. That is why I immensely disliked Magic and prefer chess or go. Each of his own I guess.

I don't play magic anymore. The meta warped like crazy the last years. People adapt or quit.

However I don't think the update we got is bad for the game. Most people can at least retain or even improve their builds, can still focus on some abilities and get the others as bonus.

So in my opinion, the hate towards this update is exxaggerated.

Speciality vs versatility is a farce. It depends on the frame, the build and the premise how you want to play.

Every faction labels their viewpoints as facts and try to silence the others. I'm tired of this.

I'm surprised players still don't like this update. The old builds are just about intact, but it's far more attractive to build around all four of your abilities instead. Many players will find their old builds now work better since they technically also worked for other abilities, but were simply unable to equip them in the previous ability system. Any player that isn't using more of their kit right now is either too stubborn to adapt, or compensating for a weakness in the warframe.