Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disconnection - Unable To Obtain Any Battlepay Whatsoever

Blackout751

To put it quickly; hosts leave, we disconnect, get sent back to the main menu when we've won and as a result get no payment. I'm owed 250,000 credits from Orion and I can't get them because people are sore losers.

So, what would I do about it? Easy. Either lock people in (you can't leave the game until it's finished, unless you decide to ALT+F4 - and if you do, you're locked out of PVP missions for a few hours at least) or just generally make a severe penalty to quitting in the middle of a match as the host (resource penalty? Not allowed to go into any mission for a few hours? Lose the amount of credits you would have gained in battlepay from your own stockpile?) because my god is it annoying. I'm low on credits and I'm never going to get any fast if people continue to take a loss like it's the death of their mother.

Or DE could just set it up so you automatically win and get battle pay if the other team quits, that is an even easier solution. Not to mention that penalizing people for rage quitting is bad. If the game has mechanics that make a person rage that is the game's fault (sometimes) not the player's.

Edited by Rakshal

To put it quickly; hosts leave, we disconnect, get sent back to the main menu when we've won and as a result get no payment. I'm owed 250,000 credits from Orion and I can't get them because people are sore losers.

So, what would I do about it? Easy. Either lock people in (you can't leave the game until it's finished, unless you decide to ALT+F4 - and if you do, you're locked out of PVP missions for a few hours at least) or just generally make a severe penalty to quitting in the middle of a match as the host (resource penalty? Not allowed to go into any mission for a few hours? Lose the amount of credits you would have gained in battlepay from your own stockpile?) because my god is it annoying. I'm low on credits and I'm never going to get any fast if people continue to take a loss like it's the death of their mother.

Out of credits? Do something that is guaranteed to get you credits: Other non-conflicted dark sectors or Void.

Thread cleaned of off-topic responses.

Is a player blatantly and gleefully claiming to be exploiting broken game mechanics to grief other players considered off-topic? Because I think that's actually pretty relevant to this forum's purpose. And I don't think he should be getting away with it.

Agree or disagree with large alliances as you wish. Killing a game host to prevent mission rewards from being awarded to the side you don't like is pretty shady.

Edited by DurganKael

Is a player blatantly and gleefully claiming to be exploiting broken game mechanics to grief other players considered off-topic? Because I think that's actually pretty relevant to this forum's purpose. And I don't think he should be getting away with it.

Agree or disagree with large alliances as you wish. Killing a game host to prevent mission rewards from being awarded to the side you don't like is pretty shady.

Its not an exploit. Moreover, its comparable to the multi-alliance rail blocking that is happening every day. Simply put, we are making the most of a mechanic that is built in game. 

You're welcome to perform that same move on me btw; but, I don't fight for Battle pay. Do you? 

Its not an exploit. Moreover, its comparable to the multi-alliance rail blocking that is happening every day. Simply put, we are making the most of a mechanic that is built in game. 

You're welcome to perform that same move on me btw; but, I don't fight for Battle pay. Do you? 

Depends on what I feel like doing. I've fought for battle pay and I've fought for free. It's a good time all around, and one that makes any "moral high ground" discussions about dark sector conflicts pretty laughable to me.

Interestingly, I just had an attacker kill a match with several respawns remaining, and received full payout for defending it. So maybe this has already been addressed after all.

i like the idea of temporary banning the attackers for one or more hours until they learn to not leave rail conflicts and fight / get spawn raped until it is over.

But they should get a warning message, that they are going to be banned for x hours for rail conflicts in general or rail conflict xy.